Thread: Just got my first machine, so could use some help please

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just got my first machine, so could use some help please

Hello!

So, long story short, I came across a Pachinko machine at my local ARC for 250 dollars. When I laughed at the price, they marked it down to a hundred and I bit. Machine only came with thirty balls and I've already played with it for a few of hours with my son . Got 500 more balls coming in a couple of days.

So I promise I attempted due diligence, but after a week, I am officially super lost. Interior lights and screen work, sound works great (I didn't need my hearing anyway), but I have NO IDEA where to get resources for my machine! So I just have a few questions (with 7 pictures) and hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

1. What on earth is my game called? Obviously it's a Sankyo, but that's about as far as I can go. I zoomed in on the title screen for you.
    2. What do the two buttons on the front do? My kid presses them obsessively while we play together, but so far I haven't seen any changes in gameplay.
    3. Any idea where I can get a key?
    4. I included some pics of the back with missing plugs and a picture with the numbers 1-7 and some writing and would love to know what I am looking at.
    5. I would love to know how the game is "played." I've already identified two sweet spots, but I have no idea why the little red flaps open on occasion, etc.

Thanks to anybody who can help me, I can't wait to learn more about my machine!

IMG_3288 copy.jpgIMG_3289 copy.jpgIMG_3294 copy.jpgIMG_3290 copy.jpgIMG_3291 copy.jpgIMG_3292 copy.jpgIMG_3293 copy.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tylkon

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just got my first machine, so could use some help please

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Just got my first machine, so could use some help please

WELCOME!!!

Let's see..

1. What on earth is my game called? Obviously it's a Sankyo, but that's about as far as I can go. I zoomed in on the title screen for you.
    I found it on Sankyo's history page..Came out in 3/2001 and came in 3 versions (different odds)!! Looks like yours is the SP version (DX and GP were the others). Google translates its name as "Fever Big Brother" Not sure if that's close to the real name, hopefully someone else can help with that!! CRフィーバー兄貴SP

2. What do the two buttons on the front do? My kid presses them obsessively while we play together, but so far I haven't seen any changes in gameplay.
    Those are for use in the parlor to get more balls and stuff!! A member, Daverob, makes a special dongle that makes those buttons work at home!!

3. Any idea where I can get a key?
    Some members might have an extra key, or ebay, yahoo japan or probably a us pachi seller??

4. I included some pics of the back with missing plugs and a picture with the numbers 1-7 and some writing and would love to know what I am looking at.
    I think the 7th pic is just hookups for battle counters in parlors (or at home).. Pic 6 looks like error codes (0-7) and descriptions.. There should be a small 7 segment display on the back somewhere that will show a number if there's an error.. Should also be a small reset button near by!!

5. I would love to know how the game is "played." I've already identified two sweet spots, but I have no idea why the little red flaps open on occasion, etc.
    Most modern pachinkos are played by getting a ball in the start pocket, that will spin the reels/numbers on the screen..if they all match you go into a Fever/bonus where the 'OPEN' door will....Open!! Get balls in there for big wins!!

The "flaps" will open at certain times to give you a better chance at getting a ball in the start pocket.. During normal play they usually only open because of the sub roulette.. Now to find the sub roulette thing to copy and paste here!!

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through a pass through pocket (usually on the left and sometimes right side of the playfield), then one of the 4 leds will light (or a symbol on the screen will show)..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there are usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

Hope some of that helps/made sense!!

Hopefully others will be by to maybe answer stuff in more detail..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what he said

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Picture 6, just right of the yellow wires, that's your volume control. Switch is Loud-Louder-Ear Splitting. You can pick up volume controls on ebay and at electronic vendors (if you so desire). Otherwise, socks, sponges, cotton balls, foam, etc... work with varying degrees of success. You could also open the door and unplug one or both of the connectors to the speakers.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    Picture 6, just right of the yellow wires, that's your volume control. Switch is Loud-Louder-Ear Splitting. You can pick up volume controls on ebay and at electronic vendors (if you so desire). Otherwise, socks, sponges, cotton balls, foam, etc... work with varying degrees of success. You could also open the door and unplug one or both of the connectors to the speakers.
    Yeah, I was lucky to find that and turn it down to LOUD. I'm guessing I need the key to access the speakers (for sock stuffing purposes)?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, thanks for all of the info Mr.Gneiss! Do you have a link to the Sankyo history page? Would love to see all the machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tylkon View Post
    Yeah, I was lucky to find that and turn it down to LOUD. I'm guessing I need the key to access the speakers (for sock stuffing purposes)?
    No key necessary. Picture #7, to the left and slightly above those connectors there is a lever. Push it down and the front door will pop open.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to quester

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a link if you wanna see all machines from 1967 to 2019 all at once..Can take a bit to load!!

https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/...ort_order=desc

For just certain years like in questers link just click the second option on the top left under the Sankyo Top one..the one with the +!!

https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss