Thread: Bellco Golden Bell Credits And Plays but wont skill stop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bellco Golden Bell Credits And Plays but wont skill stop

I did a quick signal trace for the stop buttons and this is what I found. Stop buttons are wired to the last three pins of the ribbon cable. Each signal goes through a resistor and then up to the first three inverters of the 74HC14 (pins 1,3,5) The output of the inverters (pins 2,4,6) go to inputs of the TD62503 signal driver. The signal driver output pins 4,5,6 then return to the ribbon cable to eventually reach the main circuit board input opto-isolators in bank PC5.

That's the only components that appear to relate to the stop buttons as far as I can tell. I would suggest you test the circuit path I outlined. You can do it using a multi-meter. Voltages are either +5 volts (ish) or 0 volts. I'll try to attach a crude diagram of the circuit path.

Cheers.
    stopboard.png

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to atlanticom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is amazing ... thanks!

I checked the circuit out and I’ve got an issue somewhere upstream of the stop board.

Only 500mv off the ribbon at the resistor/capacitor. I’m assuming this is low enough to not trigger the inverter and this low voltage signal is lost after that point.

Also - there is no state change from that 500mv when any button is pressed.

I guess the next step is to trace back from those flex pins and see where they go?

————

As for trading - I’m game. Where is the aux board you’re talking about? My main board is in the back of the cabinet and a ribbon cable goes to the door. So we may differ there? I have no boards in the left side of the cabinet.

—Will

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticom View Post
    I did a quick signal trace for the stop buttons and this is what I found. Stop buttons are wired to the last three pins of the ribbon cable. Each signal goes through a resistor and then up to the first three inverters of the 74HC14 (pins 1,3,5) The output of the inverters (pins 2,4,6) go to inputs of the TD62503 signal driver. The signal driver output pins 4,5,6 then return to the ribbon cable to eventually reach the main circuit board input opto-isolators in bank PC5.

That's the only components that appear to relate to the stop buttons as far as I can tell. I would suggest you test the circuit path I outlined. You can do it using a multi-meter. Voltages are either +5 volts (ish) or 0 volts. I'll try to attach a crude diagram of the circuit path.

Cheers.
    stopboard.png

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Willbird

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    This is amazing ... thanks!

—Will
    I agree -- WOW, what incredibly detailed 'techie-info'?!! Y'all are making this all sound so simple, even to the point that *I* think I'm understanding as I'm following along...??!!!

[oh and BTW Willbird -- are you the same Willbird from PA that I kinda know already on the HighwayDivides traffic signal enthusiast's forum?? I'm BigTbird over there, and never knew you had a Pachislo in your collections too? Pics PLEASE?!!]
    Tim
    "I didn't do it -- nobody saw me do it -- there's no way you can prove anything!" --Bart Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same one Tim!

Ive got one Pachislo and one pachinko machine. Honestly I prefer the pachinko...but it’s cool having something that shoots coins at you! (Or at least did...)

—Will

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingObscure View Post
    I agree -- WOW, what incredibly detailed 'techie-info'?!! Y'all are making this all sound so simple, even to the point that *I* think I'm understanding as I'm following along...??!!!

[oh and BTW Willbird -- are you the same Willbird from PA that I kinda know already on the HighwayDivides traffic signal enthusiast's forum?? I'm BigTbird over there, and never knew you had a Pachislo in your collections too? Pics PLEASE?!!]

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Willbird

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got a few projects running simultaneously hence the mess...

—Will

Same one Tim!

Ive got one Pachislo and one pachinko machine. Honestly I prefer the pachinko...but it’s cool having something that shoots coins at you! (Or at least did...)

—Will
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Willbird

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got a few projects running simultaneously hence the mess...

—Will
    What a WAY FUN 'gameroom' you've got there -- SO MANY cool things too beyond the pachi, the further I look into all the 'background stuff'...?!!
    Tim
    "I didn't do it -- nobody saw me do it -- there's no way you can prove anything!" --Bart Simpson