Thread: Can't find play guide details for my 1999 Ohanabi Pachislo machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Can't find play guide details for my 1999 Ohanabi Pachislo machine

Hey all, new member here and new to Pachislo and Pachinko. I just bought my first Pachislo machine and having a terrible time finding details on the play rules, or what all the different lights and 4th reel symbols mean during game play.

A lot of what I've been able to figure out I pieced together from this defunct web site:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20050207...hisloshop.com/

Does anyone know if the information from this old site has been preserved in full somewhere else?? Man, it has so much great info, but many of the images are not available and missing those makes it pretty tough to follow some of the info.

I did find the play guide here for the newer version of this that has an lcd display, and that helped immensely, but I still don't understand the winning signs and how to know when the game has shifted from "normal games" to Stand-by games".

So, first the 4th reel. Here are the pictures on it and what I've guessed as to the significance of when they are presented.

two different versions of the Don guy, one is wearing a red shirt and one has a blue/purple? shirt.
    0616191631a.jpg0616191630i.jpg

It seems as if when the purple shirt guy comes up it's more likely that the game will help to win a free game, and the red one seems to favor the fireball prize (10 tokens). But sometimes there is no win at all or sometimes the opposite prize is won. what is the actual significance when these are displayed?

Two different fireworks pictures, one single big one and the other two smaller ones:
    0616191631b.jpg0616191630j.jpg

I honestly have no idea on these.. i haven't been able to tell that one type of prize is won over any other when these show up. It seems to me i win more free games than firework prizes when these appear.

Finally the two last images, one my best efforts to find the translation for seems to be something about loosing (the one on the left), the other something like "this is large, or this is huge"
    0615192236.jpg0616191630h.jpg

the second one seems to obviously be what appears when you enter the bonus games. The other one I'm not so sure. .Occasionally the machine will go through a sequence where it starts and stops spinning at various places seeming to get closer and closer to the winning image, but finally goes to the "loosing" image.. seeming to be some kind of tease. but other times it randomly just spins to that "loosing" picture and I haven't been able to figure out the significance.

Also, occasionally the 4th wheel will just start spinning and will spin until you finish stopping all the reels what's going on during this time?

Other times the 4th reel will stop on one of the other signs (the don guy or fireworks) then when you finish stopping all the reels it will spin to some other sign. what's up?

Any other details about how this 4th wheel works and what the various gyrations it goes through would be much appreciated!

I'm assuming that at least some of these various modes indicate a "winning sign" but i haven't been able to figure out for sure.

Next there is this set of images in a kind of table on the "deck" of the game:
    0614191455a-1.jpg

Based on what I've been able to figure out from various sources these are some or all of the reel "winning signs", but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how in the world to interpret what these are indicating. Any help understanding this would be much appreciated also.

Wondering about these things?
    0614191455a-2.jpg

Any interpretations of the other elements on this deck would be helpful too:
    0614191455a.jpg

Thanks so much for any help you might be able to provide!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can't find play guide details for my 1999 Hanabi Hyakkei Pachislo machine

Check out this link to the PachisloDB, it may provide you some information.
    You may have to register on the site to view all of the data.

https://www.pachislodb.com/db-HANABI+HYAKKEI.html
    Last edited by jmaclerran; 06-20-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: additional info
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

3. The following user says "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can't find play guide details for my 1999 Hanabi Hyakkei Pachislo machine

Thank so much! I was actually on that site looking around last night, but I saw this one was from 2003 and didn't look closer. I think it may be the same as my 1999. Now to see if google translate app can save me! If anyone happens to have a good translation of this into English I'd appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by jmaclerran View Post
    Check out this link to the PachisloDB, it may provide you some information.
    You may have to register on the site to view all of the data.

https://www.pachislodb.com/db-HANABI+HYAKKEI.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well heck.. That is the newer machine with the LCD, so I don't think it has any new info for me. Thanks though!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm not sure what info I'm supposed to get from the links? I had found the pachilodb link you posted, but there wasn't really any details that I could see there that were helpful. Am I missing something on that page?

The first link I think is for a simulation app. If I buy that does it have some detailed manual or something describing in more details how everything works?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know exactly what you're on about. Im at work at the moment, but I post get a detailed reply to you later on with anything you need to know
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let's get started!

OK 4th reel. The symbols will indicate what win is coming by the symbol displayed.
    Red Don - Usually bombs for 10 coins
    Blue Don - Usually replay.
    (These two come into play in the bonus a lot more than base game)
    Big yellow bomb - Usually bombs for 10 coins.
    Two little yellow bombs - This one puzzles me too. Safe to say aim for cherry just to be cool.
    ハズレ - You lose
    大当たり - You win! Start aiming for bars, bandanas, or Dons!

When the reel spins, then spibs off again, it teases you in various ways.
    It 'corrects' itself on the win that is brought in (This is 100% pre-programmed tho)
    If no win comes in when it should, it'll ususlly tease you with a chance of 大当たり or spin off to ハズレ.
    If it keeps mismatching the wins, and you're sure you haven't missed cherries or that green symbol, it could be a sign it'll bring in a bonus!

The 'deck' you talk about is known as リーチ目. aka Reach patterns. aka You Win! If one of these land, you can begin hitting for bonus, as it's due. If it's not ready to pay, you'll never land these; The machine slips the reels past.

The firework lamp again simply tells you that you win!However, the machine might have been ready to pay bonus 10 or 15 spins earlier. Therefore it's worth keeping an eye on the reel and Reach patterns. If the firework lights up (usually along with 大当たり), you can DEFINITELY hit for the Bonus.

My ideal playing strategy is to aim for the HANABI(bar) on reel 1. This covers your elusive cherries and other symbols. If I think a bonus is coming (And dont get me wrong; I sometimes am incorrect!) I aim for the stack of 3 Dons on reel 1. Easy reach pattern.

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks so much for this! This was exactly what I was hoping for. Would you mind going through the Reach patterns in more detail? I don't quite understand the table.

I think the blank squares mean they can be any symbol (like a wild card)

The arrow from the top to bottom means the reel is still spinning.. so I'm guessing that means right then the reel slipping is off and you can eye shoot that reel. Does the game go right back to slipping the reels after stopping that reel?

When there's not a spinning reel in the table what does that mean? the next spin will not slip? Or just you are in the standby game and may have been for awhile and may be for awhile more?

no idea what the ? means

also no idea what the stars are?

On the 4th reel, thanks so much, sounds like i was on track for most of what was going on there!

One thing you didn't mention is that occasionally while playing the reel will start to spin and stop on the "you loose" spot (without doing the start then stop then start again tease type of movements) I was thinking maybe that meant you missed a "standby game" and thus a chance to start a bonus round?

Also there are times when the 4th reel starts spinning even before you have stopped any reels and doesn't stop until you stop all the reels.

Do you know if the machine forces you to win a regular bonus vs a big bonus? I was just playing and couldn't for the life of me get the big bonus during the standby game, finally i just started randomly hitting the buttons and almost right away got a regular bonus.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by PekoJPF View Post
    Let's get started!

OK 4th reel. The symbols will indicate what win is coming by the symbol displayed.
    Red Don - Usually bombs for 10 coins
    Blue Don - Usually replay.
    (These two come into play in the bonus a lot more than base game)
    Big yellow bomb - Usually bombs for 10 coins.
    Two little yellow bombs - This one puzzles me too. Safe to say aim for cherry just to be cool.
    ハズレ - You lose
    大当たり - You win! Start aiming for bars, bandanas, or Dons!

When the reel spins, then spibs off again, it teases you in various ways.
    It 'corrects' itself on the win that is brought in (This is 100% pre-programmed tho)
    If no win comes in when it should, it'll ususlly tease you with a chance of 大当たり or spin off to ハズレ.
    If it keeps mismatching the wins, and you're sure you haven't missed cherries or that green symbol, it could be a sign it'll bring in a bonus!

The 'deck' you talk about is known as リーチ目. aka Reach patterns. aka You Win! If one of these land, you can begin hitting for bonus, as it's due. If it's not ready to pay, you'll never land these; The machine slips the reels past.

The firework lamp again simply tells you that you win!However, the machine might have been ready to pay bonus 10 or 15 spins earlier. Therefore it's worth keeping an eye on the reel and Reach patterns. If the firework lights up (usually along with 大当たり), you can DEFINITELY hit for the Bonus.

My ideal playing strategy is to aim for the HANABI(bar) on reel 1. This covers your elusive cherries and other symbols. If I think a bonus is coming (And dont get me wrong; I sometimes am incorrect!) I aim for the stack of 3 Dons on reel 1. Easy reach pattern.
    Last edited by ronaldlw; 06-21-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The reach patterns basically refer to the reel window. if you manage to get a pattern in the reel window that matches a Reach pattern, you've got Bonus.
    The ones with the arrow supposedly mean let the reel spin a bit? But that's superficial IMO. The ones with a '?' in them usually refer to not landing a win on that pattern. In other words....If you have the first 2 reels lined up properly, and then the '?' reel does not make a 3-of-a-kind, you'll win Bonus.
    The blank symbols can mean any symbol.
    Stars it should say what they mean. On your machine it doesn't, so at a guess it means bonus symbols...But again I might be wrong.

4th reel spinning and not stopping, you dont have to look into it too much re. when it stops. All that matters most is what symbol is on the reel and what you got on the paylines. As for it going to the "You Lose" straight away dw you havent missed a bonus round. It's just there to say you lose lol

And yes exactly right on your last point. You don't know if you're getting Reg or Big, but the machine knows! If you can't land a big (do try hitting bandanas AND Dons) then you're not getting a big. Aim for bars and you'll get your Reg. Most new machines tell you what you're getting but again this one doesn't....And AFAIK there is no way to tell beforehand (No reach pattern corresponds to a Big or Reg, it's luck of the draw)

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This thread pretty much sums up everything I needed/wanted to know.

Ron

The reach patterns basically refer to the reel window. if you manage to get a pattern in the reel window that matches a Reach pattern, you've got Bonus.
    The ones with the arrow supposedly mean let the reel spin a bit? But that's superficial IMO. The ones with a '?' in them usually refer to not landing a win on that pattern. In other words....If you have the first 2 reels lined up properly, and then the '?' reel does not make a 3-of-a-kind, you'll win Bonus.
    The blank symbols can mean any symbol.
    Stars it should say what they mean. On your machine it doesn't, so at a guess it means bonus symbols...But again I might be wrong.

4th reel spinning and not stopping, you dont have to look into it too much re. when it stops. All that matters most is what symbol is on the reel and what you got on the paylines. As for it going to the "You Lose" straight away dw you havent missed a bonus round. It's just there to say you lose lol

And yes exactly right on your last point. You don't know if you're getting Reg or Big, but the machine knows! If you can't land a big (do try hitting bandanas AND Dons) then you're not getting a big. Aim for bars and you'll get your Reg. Most new machines tell you what you're getting but again this one doesn't....And AFAIK there is no way to tell beforehand (No reach pattern corresponds to a Big or Reg, it's luck of the draw)

17. The following user says "Thanks" to ronaldlw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can't find play guide details for my 1999 Ohanabi Pachislo machine

Little bump on this thread; Ron if you're reading you may be interested. I was in an arcade today and found one of these. Remembered the thread so decided to have a play.

About 17 spins in it spun the big bomb in but didn't link up anything on the reels. Decided to aim for the Dons and
    they dropped in fairly easily. Bonus!

OK a couple more points about the bonus... If red Don spins in, you have to aim reel 1 on the stack of 3 Dons. Reel 2 and 3 will match in for Bombs, 15 coins. If Blue Don spins in, stop reels 1-2-3 in order for the Replays, and entering a JAC-In.

Bonus works by giving you 30 games, and 3 JAC-Ins. When either of these have been used, the bonus ends. Each JAC-In consists of 8 games that'll roll in Replays for 15 coins. The 30 bonus games will either give you chances to shoot the Red or Blue Don, as explained before. Now you know what the bonus game's offering, how to capitalise on it?

The best strategy is to do what the machine prompts you to, until you have only ONE JAC-In remaining. If you have 20 games remaining and one JAC-In, and Blue Don spins in, you could hit in the Replays and enter the final JAC-In, but then you're wasting your 20 bonus games. What I do is I'll deliberately MISS the Blue Don, by stopping the reels 3-2-1, until I have 7 or 8 games left. Then I will play normally again. That way, you can use more of your bonus games to spin in Red Don a few more times before it offers Blue Don again. This'll get you upwards of a hundred coins extra that you'd usually miss out on.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks so much for your reply!

I replied in line below:
    Little bump on this thread; Ron if you're reading you may be interested. I was in an arcade today and found one of these. Remembered the thread so decided to have a play.

About 17 spins in it spun the big bomb in but didn't link up anything on the reels. Decided to aim for the Dons and
    Awesome! I'm still trying to figure out how to know when it's possible to shoot the bonus, PekoJPF did an awesome job explaining and I'm trying to learn the winning signs, but it's been challenging!

OK a couple more points about the bonus... If red Don spins in, you have to aim reel 1 on the stack of 3 Dons. Reel 2 and 3 will match in for Bombs, 15 coins. If Blue Don spins in, stop reels 1-2-3 in order for the Replays, and entering a JAC-In.

Bonus works by giving you 30 games, and 3 JAC-Ins. When either of these have been used, the bonus ends. Each JAC-In consists of 8 games that'll roll in Replays for 15 coins. The 30 bonus games will either give you chances to shoot the Red or Blue Don, as explained before. Now you know what the bonus game's offering, how to capitalise on it?
    Yes, I'd figured this out, the trouble I'm having is with what you talk about next, getting the most wins. So far I've had trouble getting to use most of my 30 games. Then the times I do manage to use them I've had it go all the way to 0 and lost 1 or 2 of the JAC-ins.. very devastating!

The best strategy is to do what the machine prompts you to, until you have only ONE JAC-In remaining. If you have 20 games remaining and one JAC-In, and Blue Don spins in, you could hit in the Replays and enter the final JAC-In, but then you're wasting your 20 bonus games. What I do is I'll deliberately MISS the Blue Don, by stopping the reels 3-2-1, until I have 7 or 8 games left.
    oh oh.. this is promising. How do you miss the blue Don this way? from what i've seen when you start the spin the 4th reel will go to either the red or blue don, so how does playing 3-2-1 avoid that? Or do you mean if the 4th reel lands on a blue don you miss getting the three Jacs some how by stopping 3-2-1? if the latter I don't have much luck keeping it from selecting Jacs by playing 3-2-1. Sometimes I can manage it, but not consistently, and some times when i manage it then i'll go the rest of the games without getting Jac-in and loose that last 8 wins.

Then I will play normally again. That way, you can use more of your bonus games to spin in Red Don a few more times before it offers Blue Don again. This'll get you upwards of a hundred coins extra that you'd usually miss out on.
    Awesome, thanks so much again for your reply! Looking forward to some clarification on the blue don avoidance! I'm loving this game, and I am sooo very glad that when i run all my quarters into it i can open it up and get them back! lol.. If having this has done anything it's just reinforced my desire to not gable with real money.. lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm.. I tried to respond, but don't see it yet. Maybe it needs to go through a moderator first. Anyway, when iI responded I didn't realize it was you again PekoJPF.. lol.. thanks so much for all your help with this, seriously!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, crap, my second reply went right through, so i'm going to assume my previous one got lost some how. Giving it a go again, see comments below:

Awesome! lucky.. haha.. so yes, i'm still trying to figure out how to know when it's possible to spin a bonus. I'm trying to memorize the winning signs but, man, they're hard to remember.. lol. I've never been very good at memorizing things.

YES! I figured this out and am fairly good at spinning the 3 dons in, the trouble starts when that dang blue don shows up on the 4th reel!

Yep yep, this makes sense.. tell me tell me!!!!

The best strategy is to do what the machine prompts you to, until you have only ONE JAC-In remaining. If you have 20 games remaining and one JAC-In, and Blue Don spins in, you could hit in the Replays and enter the final JAC-In, but then you're wasting your 20 bonus games. What I do is I'll deliberately MISS the Blue Don, by stopping the reels 3-2-1, until I have 7 or 8 games left.
    YES, how do you miss the blue don? (I hate that guy!!) From what I've seen when you spin the reels the 4th reel with spin and land on either red or blue don, so how does stopping the reels 3-2-1 prevent this? or do you mean that after getting the blue don on the 4th reel you are able to miss hitting the 3 jacs fora jac-in by stopping 3-2-1? If the latter, I'm not having much luck keeping from getting the jac-in by stopping 3-2-1, and it seems when i do manage to miss it it'll just feed me a blue don again (but maybe that only happened when i missed it by getting the first reel to stop on not a jac, not sure). And then i have the problem of thwarting the blue don and then i end up winning the games all the way to 0 and miss out on 1 or two of the jac-ins, devastating!

Then I will play normally again. That way, you can use more of your bonus games to spin in Red Don a few more times before it offers Blue Don again. This'll get you upwards of a hundred coins extra that you'd usually miss out on.
    Thanks again so much!! I'm looking forward to clarification on the blue don miss strategy, I think that's the last major play detail I'm missing out on. Now I just need to improve my eye shooting ability, it's hard!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can easily miss the blue Don's replays by hitting yhe reels right-left instead of the conventional (and necessary here) left-right.
    Of course as you said above, sometimes it can screw you out of a JAC game and it will do! It's gutting when that does happen, that's why I leave myself a cushion of 10 or so games. That's the borderline.

If you hit final JAC In with 10 games left, you can play and get 8x 15 coins. If you miss it and it doesn't come back, you've still got your remaining games that hopefully knock in 15 each time. Minus expenses paying for each spin, and it's about even. Worst I had was refusing a JAC In with 15 games left that didn't come back. Didn't even profit, as the payout on the regular 30 games was less than 15 coins per win!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well by golly, it worked.. I would swear I've tried stopping reels from right to left when i got the blue don before, but I bet i only switched direction after having hit a fan on the first reel or something. Awesome! So does it always miss this way, or does it sometimes still hit the three jacs?

It took me forever to get the bonus this time.. lol. then I got the situation where I could not get the big bonus to start and ended up with a regular bonus so I couldn't try out the right to left trick. so frustrating! lol I don't know how to eye shoot the bars yet though, just the don guy, not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Then after the miss of the jac-in worked i freaked out when i got below 5 rounds and started trying to hit a jac-in and missed a bunch of wins i could have gotten.. lol.. it ended up hitting the jac-in on the final game.. whew.. next time I won't worry so much..
    You can easily miss the blue Don's replays by hitting yhe reels right-left instead of the conventional (and necessary here) left-right.
    Of course as you said above, sometimes it can screw you out of a JAC game and it will do! It's gutting when that does happen, that's why I leave myself a cushion of 10 or so games. That's the borderline.

If you hit final JAC In with 10 games left, you can play and get 8x 15 coins. If you miss it and it doesn't come back, you've still got your remaining games that hopefully knock in 15 each time. Minus expenses paying for each spin, and it's about even. Worst I had was refusing a JAC In with 15 games left that didn't come back. Didn't even profit, as the payout on the regular 30 games was less than 15 coins per win!

25. The following user says "Thanks" to ronaldlw