Thread: Halfway Through the Year Playing Report

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Halfway Through the Year Playing Report

Last year was very up and down. IIRC I had a pretty poor November, then a good December when a new parlour opened near my place. Managed to end the year probably 50,000 down, which after a year of fairly regular playing is not horrendous. But yeah in the long run you're going to lose probably, so stay cool and buy machines for home use! When I charm the Mrs then maybe I can too.

Anyway it's 2019. Reiwa. A new year and new machines. Things have been fairly good for me work-wise and cash-wise, so I've been able to set up a more regular spending pattern. I do enjoy the machines a lot still. Now, after every payday, I'll hit a new slot on 20 yen with a 10k limit. I'll also have more Force sessions on 1yen pachi. So far the best result has been putting 4000 yen in a new Laughing Salesman pachinko for 59,000 yen return. The low point was 36,000 in a Symphogear for 12,000 back. The largest profit was over a couple of pachinko machines and a Laughing Salesman slot, to leave me about 50,000 up (The 59,000 day was going BAD until that hit) and the worst loss was that Symphogear day which saw me do a 30,000 loss. I only play 4 yen or 20 yen machines very rarely now, as a full on session could see one lose 100,000 yen ($1k) without a sniff of forgiveness.

Now let's get on to some monthly highlights if I can remember them.

January: Found a new favourite machine in the new parlour... Chabudai Gaeshi! This one is based on Juggler, but done by Bellco. The bonus system and Reach patterns are the same, but with the added gimmick of tormenting an endangered panda until he flips over a table and pays you a bonus. Had a few iffy sessions on this, but in the end always managed to get a good bit of gameplay without a huge dent in the wallet. Symphogear was also very kind to me, and I got to play some fairly rare machines such as "Kokucchi Black". The highlight was definitely having free reign in the new parlour. It was fresh and smoke free, and machines were always free to play.

February: Disastrous month! Thankfully January's earnings carried over to Valentine's Day! I arrived at the NEW parlour to see the shutters down. In 2 months, they'd gone out of business! The rest of the month was fairly terrible including that terrible loss on Gear. A 1/199 machine taking 1,559 spins to hit the bonus! Did manage a few bits on Sea Story of all things...! The highlight was definitely those massive dead patches noticed on machines. Saw a Juggler take 800, then 500, then 1200 games, only to give a Regular Bonus each time!

March: Better! Found a parlour a bit out of the way, so traveled up there with a hangover and managed to make 10,000 yen. It had a Chabudai Gaeshi and a Biohazard6 slot, which was very entertaining. The highlight was an absolute nightmare crazy session on a Yurusephone. I sat on the machine for over 6 hours chasing the 1/1638 GOD feature out of it. It took 4267 spins, about 20,000 yen (On 5yen slot) and all of my mental strength! The beer afterwards tasted wonderful.

April: I was having a steady month, then discovered that a GALAGA machine had been released! It looked great and very relatable to the original game. I'll save the highlight for May though. I actually did well off Marine-Chan for the April highlight. 2000 yen in a 1yen Umi in Okinawa 4 for a return of over 22,000. After I got kicked out of one Rush, it took 5 more spins and went up on the remaining stocked games! What was not so nice was going 20k into a Gyoza no Osho 1/34, for it to take 84 games to pay the bonus...!

May was GALAGA time! After a few videos and notifying the RADmin about it, I went off with 10,000 to play it. It was very kind and gave me 32,000 back after 7,000 in. I sadly had to say goodbye to fun machines at my local parlour though, as Negima and Tenka Issen got replaced. Overall a profitable month. The most surprising result was putting 1,500 yen in a Tenryuu Infinity, for the ball to go all the way and net me 28,000. Got to love a hanemono soetimes.

June: So far, not good! Managed to get by the last 2 weeks on a Juggler and the new Bomber Powerful, but took a beating when I Forced out a RING 1/319. This took a nice 10,000 for 800 back! Thankfully it went in again, but I still lost 13,000 that day. Am I down overall? Yeah, most likely. I have been able to enjoy all the playing though, so all's good right now. How much down? I honestly couldn't tell you. I've a beer in hand, and Ann Lee - Two Times has just come on my Youtube mix, so my math skills have gone elsewhere.
    As always, I enjoy these machines very much, so if anyone else wants an introduction or run-out in Japan when you're here..... Throw me a PM or something.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Halfway Through the Year Playing Report

I can't say I really know what much of any of that really *means*... still can't help myself but to say *thanks* for reporting anyways...??
    Tim
    "I didn't do it -- nobody saw me do it -- there's no way you can prove anything!" --Bart Simpson

4. The following user says "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the update. I’ve missed reading of your adventures.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fever!!!!!

Last edited by takethecastle57; 06-22-2019 at 04:00 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS