Thread: Another Battle Counter question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another Battle Counter question

Hey all,

So I was fiddling with my battle counters that I just got in and had a couple questions about it. I was hooking it up to my Macross Frontier 2 and it was counting Starts but didn't seem like it was counting anything else. After researching here, Google, and having my Japanese wife help translate some stuff I think I have the correct CN configuration figured out - CN3, CN4, CN5. Does this sound right? So I played the machine until I hit a Fever and had a mass payout but other than the battle counter flashing nothing changed in the stats. Is there somewhere on the battle counter that should be indicating that a Fever was hit?

I took another battle counter (same type, different counter) and shorted the connectors to see what would change, if I short the Start then it obviously ticks up the start, if I short the Jackpot it ticks up the Otari stat, but if I short the last one the counter flashes all crazy but nothing changes on the stats again. Am I just missing how these things work? I guess I was under the assumption the gave more data. Is this particular battle counter that I have just not a good one?

It's funny because even though my wife is Japanese she doesn't understand a lot of the terminology on the battle counter so wasn't able to help much as to what data it should be showing. One of the main things I wanted to know is what the yellow "1/----" is supposed to be counting. Also, in the picture attached what does the "1/2" represent? And what is the "1" below it and the "1" next to the "8"?

She did find this site though that has the pinouts for pachinko machines, which might be useful for this forum. Everyone here may already know about it though! Here is the page for my Macross which shows where the CNs shoudl be connected to. I'm assuming this is correct. http://www.3stone.co.jp/1602.html

As always, thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Battle Counter question

if I remember right, You can't just short out the ootari input for testing, as the counter will detect how many fevers in a row, and how many start pocket/reel spins hits between ootari.
    So when you short out the ootari, you need to short out the kakuhen at the same time, then short out the ootari a few times and you should see another counter going up.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    if I remember right, You can't just short out the ootari input for testing, as the counter will detect how many fevers in a row, and how many start pocket/reel spins hits between ootari.
    So when you short out the ootari, you need to short out the kakuhen at the same time, then short out the ootari a few times and you should see another counter going up.
    Ah, ok, I just tried shorting them at the same time and it did progress a counter so that's good I think! Maybe I'm confused on the terminology here...Ootari is when you complete a reach and go into Fever and Kakuhen is the mode where you have rounds and can keep shooting while the machine freaks out? I read the stickied terminology reference sheet on here but was still a bit confused. It's embarrassing because I lived in Japan for 8 years but am not a gambler so never really played pachinko until now, so I have very little clue as to what's going on hahaha!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, any way to reset these things? With all the testing I threw off the stats.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only reset is with a remote. (Normally)

I normally just call it High Probability Time. Its normally that 100 reel spins following ootari. Fever is trademarked to Sankyo. But everyone here just calls it fever no matter what brand of machine
    Ian #UKPachinko

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It does keep track of time, not sure if it needs to be left on or not. Should reset after about 5 days.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A quick look at the pictogram on the 3stone website it looks to be cn3, cn5, cn6 that you want to use.

What make and model number of counters do you have?
    Last edited by Peteybob; 06-10-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    A quick look at the pictogram on the 3stone website it looks to be cn3, cn5, cn6 that you want to use.

What make and model number of counters do you have?
    Yup, that's what I gathered from it too. The battle counter is the one pictured above and it's a Daiichi DLP-8P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, I thought you were using cn3,4,5. In any case it may just be me but on one machine (which I can't remember) it seemed to be that one of the connections worked only in a specific order. For example the cn6 wires, it worked with the two wires hooked up to spot #'s 1,2 but if I flipped them around on that same cn6 then the counter didn't produce any results. Perfectly muddy?

As for a remote they run $45-60 second hand on Yahoo Japan auctions. There are a few versions of the remote controls though. There is a simple one with fewer options that seems to be used by any parlor hall worker and one that does a whole lot more that managers might have. I found a fairly unused DRM-8N for around $50 plus the ussual fees last year which does a whole lot more than just resets but I needed one to do resets on a few that otherwise wouldn't work. Now I need a manual. I don't recall what range of Daiichi model numbers this one covers. Just some food for thought.

But as Compirate mention, the counters reset themselves in time. The numbers drop down and out as the days progress.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Oh, I thought you were using cn3,4,5. In any case it may just be me but on one machine (which I can't remember) it seemed to be that one of the connections worked only in a specific order. For example the cn6 wires, it worked with the two wires hooked up to spot #'s 1,2 but if I flipped them around on that same cn6 then the counter didn't produce any results. Perfectly muddy?

As for a remote they run $45-60 second hand on Yahoo Japan auctions. There are a few versions of the remote controls though. There is a simple one with fewer options that seems to be used by any parlor hall worker and one that does a whole lot more that managers might have. I found a fairly unused DRM-8N for around $50 plus the ussual fees last year which does a whole lot more than just resets but I needed one to do resets on a few that otherwise wouldn't work. Now I need a manual. I don't recall what range of Daiichi model numbers this one covers. Just some food for thought.

But as Compirate mention, the counters reset themselves in time. The numbers drop down and out as the days progress.
    Bah! You're right, I did type out 3,4,5 - I'm dumb. I DO have it connected at 3, 5, 6 though! I was wondering about if the order mattered or not, so I just switch them and will test it out here in a bit. I noticed that I was not consistent with the wire order so I flipped them all to be in the same order. Hopefully that does the trick.

Wow, that's pretty pricey for a remote! Looks like there is this up on YJA now though - https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/392907599 I may just wait for it to reset itself though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This should be your counter: http://www.daiichi.net/products/dlp-8.html

This should guide you to the connections like the other site did. http://www.daiichi.net/pdf/sankyo/w98.pdf