Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nishijin Model C wiring diagram

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Model C wiring diagram

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleLee2019 View Post
    You and I have similar machines. Would you mind telling me how your wiring is set-up? I have 2 limit switches, one for tray and one for jackpot. How should those be wired? I have all my wires going to the orange and yellow wires should something be going to the white wire that is configured into the other wires from the fuse?
    Some pics would help. Have you started a thread about your machine? On the back, the top right, you should see three terminals: Yellow, White, Orange. You want to connect power to the white and orange ones. I just use a rechargeable 9v battery with positive to white and negative to orange.

My ball hopper empty switch has two yellow wires connected to it. They have a plastic terminal plug on the end and it plugs into a socket just an inch or so from the switch.

My jackpot switch has two red wires attached to it. They run behind some plastic, all the way up the left side (when looking at the back) of the machine. They disappear somewhere behind the ball hopper and I can't see them. But I think I remember that they are soldered to the circuit board thingy that's behind there. The jackpot lights are attached directly to the same circuit board thing.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You and I have similar machines. Would you mind telling me how your wiring is set-up? I have 2 limit switches, one for tray and one for jackpot. How should those be wired? I have all my wires going to the orange and yellow wires should something be going to the white wire that is configured into the other wires from the fuse?
    Try wiring your positive wire to the white terminal and negative wire to the orange terminal. You need DC for LED bulbs.

If you are using AC, polarity won't matter for incandescent bulbs.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am new here and am restoring my first machine. I have no idea about electronics, soldering, mechanics, etc but YouTubed all of it. I even replaced the DC power with AC power. But now I have the same problem with the jackpot tray filled and no jackpot light. My problem is that I do not understand the diagram provided above and I don’t understand most the the verbiage. Aren’t the low ball lights and the jackpot lights the same or the ones that are side by side? All my lights work except when tray is filled, the jackpot lights do not work. I think someone mentioned an actuator...what is that? Why would the fuse matter regarding the lights on if a fuse is designed to turn lights off when overpowered? Apologies for my utter confusion but am really excited about this project and learning all I can so any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Pachitalk

pics please
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, I haven’t started a new post. This was my first post. I am still learning to navigate this forum.
    I have mine hooked up to the orange (positive) and yellow (negative). I tried the white but it doesn’t work. I’m not sure what the purpose of the white is. I initially had mine with 9V batteries too but I added more lights that needed more power. I was going through too many batteries. I will post updated pictures but am warning those guys that like the originality of the machines you might cringe. This is my first try and I wanted some glitz to go with the machines pizzazz. A lot of the wires I replaced so you can see which are positive and which are negative. The extra lights behind the jackpot are hooked up to the jackpot lights but those do not work if the ball tray if filled. I am sure I have something crossed but can not figure it out.
    For some reason my insert image is not working. I must not be smarter than the browser...I’ll try from the desktop computer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this link explains how to post pics here at PT

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Post-Pictures

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

10. The following user says "Thanks" to MichelleLee2019

Thanks
    Thanks Received

List above are the pictures that were requested. Everything works except the jackpot lights when ball tray is full. Wiring to the white wire doesn’t work so it’s going to the yellow wire. I only have the two limit switches but did change one of the old switches to a new switch, other is the original. The upper limit switch is attached to a white tri-prong-thing attached to the board. I am not using the one next to the fuse. I am not sure what the purposes of those yet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Michelle, thanks for sharing! I still suggest starting a new thread about your machine. Lots of people here who can help.

As you noted, I had some similar wiring issues. Initially mine worked on yellow, but it was basically running backwards. The yellow is usually just used for the parlor shop. It would let the attendant know when the balls were low.

If you're not getting anything with positive to white and negative to orange, try reversing that. Getting the polarity right matters with a lot of LED bulbs. If that doesn't work, go back to positive to white and negative to orange, and look at your fuse.

Sometimes you can tell by looking at a fuse if it's bad. There's a thin strip of metal inside the glass tube. If that strip is broken, the fuse is definitely bad. If it isn't broken, it could still be bad. The way to be sure would be to test it for continuity using a multimeter.

If the fuse is good, then the last thing to check is that the fuse clips are clean. Mine looked OK. There was no obvious corrosion or anything like that, but they still needed to be cleaned. I took a scrap of sandpaper and a pencil (or something like it) and lightly sanded the inside of the clips until they were shiny. Then everything worked like it's supposed to.

One more question, that light in the upper left corner, is it always on? It shouldn't be. If so, it would support the idea that you're wired backwards and would explain why you're going through batteries so quickly. That light should come on briefly when you get a jackpot. And then it will come on and stay on when the ball hopper is low.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Huh, I think I changed the limit switch because I thought that light was suppose to be on all the time. I think you just fixed my problem. If not, I will definitely post a new thread. Thank you so much for your help!!!!’

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That switch looks to be set correctly. When the hopper is full, it pushes down on the metal leaf.

Here's mine.

15752400151920.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is it set to the on of off position? I think it reads MO or MC....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I switched the limit switch that I thought was the problem but it just made the jackpot lights only work when the tray was not full. I think I need to recheck my whole wiring now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really think you should check your fuse and fuse clips, then get back to using white and orange. It'll never be right getting power through the yellow terminal.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, I haven’t started a new post. This was my first post. I am still learning to navigate this forum.
    I have mine hooked up to the orange (positive) and yellow (negative). I tried the white but it doesn’t work. I’m not sure what the purpose of the white is. I initially had mine with 9V batteries too but I added more lights that needed more power. I was going through too many batteries. I will post updated pictures but am warning those guys that like the originality of the machines you might cringe. This is my first try and I wanted some glitz to go with the machines pizzazz. A lot of the wires I replaced so you can see which are positive and which are negative. The extra lights behind the jackpot are hooked up to the jackpot lights but those do not work if the ball tray if filled. I am sure I have something crossed but can not figure it out.
    For some reason my insert image is not working. I must not be smarter than the browser...I’ll try from the desktop computer
    You have it wired to the "attendant" light / circuit. Try using the white terminal for positive and orange terminal for negative.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2