Thread: Modern Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Modern Pachinko

Wondering if anyone has heard of or has done business with "Modern Pachinko"? https://modernpachinko.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1qn6k5C84gIV3v_jBx1NoQ3rEAAYASAAEgLZlvD_B wE

Claims to be the largest Pachinko supplier in North America, but I just learned of them today.

Prices seem kind of high based on what I've seen at JT Comatz and others... but that's my opinion... and you know what they say about those.

Just curious.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Modern Pachinko

Never heard of them either until I saw them Mentioned on Facebook today

you'd have thought they would have found their way here to PachiTalk for the largest base of prospective buyers but maybe they are new and not got around to introducing themselves yet

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First I've heard of them. My "going out on a limb" guess is this might be member Vikingwiz or someone working with him? The convention pictures look like the many newer machines that he has amassed.

Just my opinion or guesstimate

Just looked closer at the prices and perhaps I need to start selling
    Last edited by Peteybob; 05-27-2019 at 01:07 PM.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well he needs to edit his listing as its not a 375v transformer.

I couldn't even get $5 for my sea covers.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good catch on that description.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those prices are silly.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah the Biggest Pachi Supplier What A Joke!!!!

I have seen these Jokers on EBay with the RARE word being tossed about.

I will Never Deal with these people.

And the Door Bell Transformer is the biggest Red Flag that I have ever seen.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a WEE bit on the high side. IMHO of course...
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a good hour or so long conversation with the guy from there the other day. He said he could get me the Tekken V2 and Digipachi Ranma 1/2 I wanted for $975 each with $60 shipping. Seemed fairly high priced to me but he was a super nice guy though. Their prices on Pachinko Balls are crazy high.

I just bought a Macross Frontier 2 from Clover and the "Modern Pachinko" place wants literally double the price. :-/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I think it’s the same “The Plasma Infusion” store on eBay seller based on the games; somehow they are even higher on that site than eBay prices which are already obscene!

I think it’s just a store that caters to pachinko newbs too scared to import one directly.

I’ll stick to Clover, JT Comatz, yahooJapan, and better yet out of business pachinko parlors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I am 100% a pachinko newb but I'm a quick learner! I did go out on a limb and buy a machine from Yahoo Japan last week and got a bit of sticker shock on shipping. I used their shipping estimator and it said about $300 which is around what I thought it would be....$300-$500. But when it was all said and done the shipping for just one machine was $720! What a big gap! Oh well, worth it because I really wanted the machine and didn't want to wait around hoping it would pop up locally.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJubei View Post
    Well I am 100% a pachinko newb but I'm a quick learner! I did go out on a limb and buy a machine from Yahoo Japan last week and got a bit of sticker shock on shipping. I used their shipping estimator and it said about $300 which is around what I thought it would be....$300-$500. But when it was all said and done the shipping for just one machine was $720! What a big gap! Oh well, worth it because I really wanted the machine and didn't want to wait around hoping it would pop up locally.
    Which proxy bidder service did you use? FromJapan? There can be wild inconsistencies on shipping quotes due to different size/weight machines; the one time I bought a full machine shipping was just under $500. But others have gotten crazy quotes like that too. Cells are far cheaper to ship.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Which proxy bidder service did you use? FromJapan? There can be wild inconsistencies on shipping quotes due to different size/weight machines; the one time I bought a full machine shipping was just under $500. But others have gotten crazy quotes like that too. Cells are far cheaper to ship.
    Yup, I used FromJapan. I'm pretty sure I had fairly accurate dimensions & weight with packaging, unless they did some crazy packaging. It was for a Eva 8 (the one with Rei on it), so assuming it's pretty standard size machine for a modern one. It will be here Tuesday so I'm going to measure and weigh the package before unpacking it and then plug the exact specs into their shipping estimate and see what it says. I don't regret the purchase at all (and will most likely buy more from Yahoo), but in the future I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Yeah the Biggest Pachi Supplier What A Joke!!!!

I have seen these Jokers on EBay with the RARE word being tossed about.

I will Never Deal with these people.

And the Door Bell Transformer is the biggest Red Flag that I have ever seen.
    Actually that is a very large transformer at 11 pounds. They just don't have all the data listed,Transformer 375VA, 120-24V, 15.6amp. https://blackhawksupply.com/products...list-us-canada The price is good with the added wiring ends but the shipping starts at $60+ per the calculator on their site. Not sure what's up with that I was lucky enough to get four of them new and dirt cheap a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Yeah, I think it’s the same “The Plasma Infusion” store on eBay seller based on the games; somehow they are even higher on that site than eBay prices which are already obscene!

I think it’s just a store that caters to pachinko newbs too scared to import one directly.

I’ll stick to Clover, JT Comatz, yahooJapan, and better yet out of business pachinko parlors!

I agree with the nervous newbie buying outside of their own homeland. These prices are well, interesting?! I think they will adjust the prices a few more times in the near future as little goods may move at today's prices. And a dongle for $15??? And I've been giving these away to new members!

Perhaps they are needing to recoup a lot of shipping costs of their own given the current prices. I honestly wish them the best as a new start-up!

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just catching up here. Turns out making heavy duty Pachinko stands is incredibly time consuming

Peteybob is spot on. I am the owner of modernpachinko.com. I do not own The Plasma Infusion, but I have purchased from them previously and I'm a fan of theirs and Clover as well. I am not a fan of JTComatz at all and have shared my experience in other threads. I tried to give them another chance two weeks ago as they had ok prices on Star Wars: Battle of Vader and Michael Jackson. The initial price doubled. I had the *same* experience attempting to purchase a container load from them as others have used them previously. They seriously aren’t good in my experience.

Modernpachinko.com came into existence as none of the titles I wanted were available from Clover without being bundled into their next order. When I want something, I want it today. Additionally, their price point of 400-700 dollar inventory I feel has skewed expectations of how much Pachinkos cost. Their supplier (Seven Kasugai) who I’m disclosing only because they went out of business were awesome. They sold at recycler prices, which makes buying a container of them extremely affordable IMO. The rumor mill suggested the owner lost interest, used the capital elsewhere and intentionally ran it into the ground towards the end. The bad news is no Japanese distributor even comes close to those prices. Even hall-to-hall traders charge more amongst each other. Those prices aren’t coming back. If by some chance they do, I’d happily buy from them and save myself the effort.

I am first and foremost a collector- I want my machines as close to new as possible. As I grew my collection, I intentionally ordered from somewhere else nearly each time. I’ve been transparent in sharing the hardships I’ve experienced throughout this process. I wanted to understand who the best distributors are and who are not and what the best ways to ship are without breakage. The common characteristic is no one really cleans machines to my level of satisfaction. Aside from cleanliness, from the distributors who are good I created an automated system to track their inventory and historical prices. When I order a machine, it’s at the best price period. That coupled with the shipping type, how much time spent cleaning it influences the price charged. Single machines are expensive, ordering a skid requires creativity to provide a lower price compared to single, leaving the only way to make some money buying a container. Even then, the per machine price nearly doubles the above Clover range. I hope you can see there’s a significantly amount of capital, risk, time, care and effort that is required, which on paper really doesn’t make business sense to pursue- hence, this is driven out of pure passion around pachinko.

Regarding the comments above, please see below:

• If someone has more inventory on-hand in the US, I’ll retract the claim of being the largest Pachinko distributor in the US. I only have about 1/3 of my inventory listed presently and even with that, modernpachinko.com has more inventory than any else. If I count the inbound inventory, no one comes close.
    • 375v 15a transformers are available because PowerVolt 120v transformers are unavailable. In another post I asked if anyone needed these because PowerVolt requires a large order to produce them. But, even then the cost of them is almost 60.00 which is the same cost for the larger 375v 15a transformers, hence why I provide those.
    • CR Adapters are 10.00 w/ free shipping.
    • Balls are expensive because they are expensive to import. Honestly, I would suggest buying them from Clover as I can't come close to their price yet.

I’d certainly like to sell you the best machine you’ve ever received, but I sincerely encourage you to buy what you want however you want.

Thanks for the support.

21. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really appreciate your transparency here.
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to cait001