Thread: Sankyo V-Frame - Fever King- Potential Mechanical issue and restoration question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo V-Frame - Fever King- Potential Mechanical issue and restoration question

Hi all!

I have a "worse for wear" Fever the King pachinko machine alongside a "better for wear" Kingstar machine. I've got a couple of questions about the Fever King machine. These are both my first Pachinko since I normally get slots.

Fever King:

My biggest concern:
    There are two pockets that do not seem to do anything. Could be a potential gameplay misunderstanding.CellView_Front_FeverKing.jpg

The pins are a bit rusted and the mechanisms have some dust seep into them.
    Is there a guide out there that can detail the easiest method of restoring the brass to it's original glory?
    The inside panel of the front glass also seems to have some residue, like some dust or grime managed to get in-between the glass.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo V-Frame - Fever King- Potential Mechanical issue and restoration ques

I don't have this pachi, but pass through pockets usually activate something like a sub roulette.. Especially the left one.. the other one may do the same thing or just be there to look pretty!!

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through a pass through pocket (usually on the left and sometimes right side of the playfield), then one of the 4 leds will light (or a symbol on the screen will show)..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there are usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo V-Frame - Fever King- Potential Mechanical issue and restoration ques

Ahhh thanks!

I'll take a look for any LEDs that might be turning on and off. I noticed the wings on the side of the center slot-start pocket occasionally opened up, but not consistently.

If it's a sub roulette then it would make a bit more sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. The following user says "Thanks" to LumaToro

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those two ball drop thru are " hall effect" sensors will count and there should be a group of four leds that when lite will open the center tulip

I have a "Lord of the Rings" Sankyo Victory Frame pachinko that I sometimes take out of storage to play a bit .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

7. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Those two ball drop thru are " hall effect" sensors will count and there should be a group of four leds that when lite will open the center tulip

I have a "Lord of the Rings" Sankyo Victory Frame pachinko that I sometimes take out of storage to play a bit .
    Yup! That was it!

Mine seems to randomly open for each LED lit up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Those two ball drop thru are " hall effect" sensors
    While the rest of what you say is true, technically they're not actually "hall effect" sensors but are inductive proximity sensors instead.

A hall effect sensor can only sense magnetic flux and will not by itself detect non magnetised metal like a pachinko ball, You could use them along with a permanent magnet to detect the changes in magnetic flux that would occur when the pachinko ball approaches the permanent magnet, but this is fairly complicated and not how the pass through sensors on pachinko machines work.

A pachinko ball sensor is a coil of wire which is energized by a high frequency AC electric current, in it's normal state it takes very little power to energize the coil. However when a ball passes though the coil the AC field induces 'eddy currents' in the metal of the ball, which causes the sensor to take significantly more power from the supply. This extra current draw is easily detected by the pachinko machine, and so it can tell when a ball is passing through the sensor.

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have some hall effect sensors in front of me, But I am using them to detect magnetic fields, or in my case an electric motor passing by
    Ian #UKPachinko