Thread: Ball Lifter Question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ball Lifter Question

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not so please let me know if it isn't!

I made a post yesterday about a "Julie" pinball themed pachinko that I picked up without knowing anything about pachinko from a person who also knew nothing about pachinko. Well the guy also threw in something that he didn't know what it was and at first I didn't either. After some research it appears to be a ball lifter. It's actually the exact same one as the attached picture. The only issue is that it's missing that switch plate that is in the picture and he doesn't think he has it. So are these extremely hard to find? I searched eBay but didn't see anything so I'm guessing I'm probably out of luck? I wasn't sure if that switch ever pops up or not.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball Lifter Question

That specific thing would be pretty hard to find just the plate switch. And it does need to be hooked up to operate. Good news is that it seems to just close the electrical loop to function, so if you just cross the wires from that plug that is sticking out that it plugs into, it should work. Once the switch inside gets pressed by the balls it will turn on - the other plate switch is to bypass the other switch and turn it off if there isn’t room for balls up top. Just be careful because it’s straight 100vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The following user says "Thanks" to thrasherwr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherwr View Post
    That specific thing would be pretty hard to find just the plate switch. And it does need to be hooked up to operate. Good news is that it seems to just close the electrical loop to function, so if you just cross the wires from that plug that is sticking out that it plugs into, it should work. Once the switch inside gets pressed by the balls it will turn on - the other plate switch is to bypass the other switch and turn it off if there isn’t room for balls up top. Just be careful because it’s straight 100vac.
    Ah OK, I was afraid of that. Here is a pic of the one I actually have and it does have a two prong plug in attached to it. So I couldn't just plug it in as it is, I would need a different transformer?
    rsz_20190513_121158.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have lifter with a bad motor so I can send you the switch plate. The cord has a patch job but it worked fine for me. The plug end was a bit stretched out with a small length of bare wire showing that you will want to tape up in the least. This should plug into the back side of the base. I can add it to your package with the temp dongle for little to no charge.

desktop1.jpg

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

These lifters work fine on US 120VAC.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I have lifter with a bad motor so I can send you the switch plate. The cord has a patch job but it worked fine for me. The plug end was a bit stretched out with a small length of bare wire showing that you will want to tape up in the least. This should plug into the back side of the base. I can add it to your package with the temp dongle for little to no charge.
    Oh man, you are great! Thank you so much! Just let me know what I owe you and I'll PayPal it over. Great community you have over here!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No problem, always happy to help out a new member

So do you need any bulbs for the outer frame of your machine? You can press the "chance" button after everything powers up and the frame lights will cycle through their order and colors. I have a few extra bulbs if you need any.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJubei View Post
    Ah OK, I was afraid of that. Here is a pic of the one I actually have and it does have a two prong plug in attached to it. So I couldn't just plug it in as it is, I would need a different transformer?
    rsz_20190513_121158.jpg
    Sorry, I meant if you were to join the wires to just be careful because it is ac voltage in general and not to get shocked. As compirate stated, these ones work fine plugged into 120v. Sounds like you are taken care of with original equipment on the way, so that is better yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    No problem, always happy to help out a new member

So do you need any bulbs for the outer frame of your machine? You can press the "chance" button after everything powers up and the frame lights will cycle through their order and colors. I have a few extra bulbs if you need any.
    I just tried it and it looks like all the lights are working. The machine looks brand new...it would be interesting if it had a menu system like pinball machines where you can see play counts and whatnot! Thanks again though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I'll get over to the USPS tomorrow.

There aren't any menus to look at for stats on a lot of the machines from the 2000's that I've seen but many of us have battle counters which record stats like in the actual Japanese parlors. These may not make sense about everything but the added light show is an exciting level of fun to the machines for many.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I loved playing my Julie when I had it for a whole bunch of years and oh boy the music on the Fevers!!!
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

16. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57