Thread: Did I screw myself

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Did I screw myself

Last time in Tokyo I played quite well. Call it beginners luck I guess. This time I noticed quite a few more machines used the card method instead of balls and a tray. I hit a fever once today and did not open the drop tray for the balls to continue to drop to collect for the card... Did I screw up and lose all of the yen I earned during the fever? I noticed the top tray was full of balls after the fever and I released them. It did not seem like it was as much as I hit however.

Also, is it normal to not be able to cash out money that has not been played through yet, I took a card to the counter I put 90000 yen on previously but when I tried to change it back they told me it was for "play only"

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Did I screw myself

Not sure, Last time I played, it was still note acceptors attached to the machines, PekoJPF is the parlour guru here. Might be worth asking him.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are definitely others here with more parlor experience than I have, but to the best of my knowledge if you want to cash out money that you put into a machine they won't cash it out at the prize collection desk. There are machines that you put the card into and it gives you the remaining amount back in cash. As for whether or not you lost balls because you didn't drain them, I don't think so. They should have been queued up to drop as you emptied the tray so eventually when you did drain the top tray it should have paid you out any balls remaining. Most likely you played your winning balls back into the machine without having to touch the "rented balls" that you paid for when you put the money or card into the machine. Hopefully someone will come along and provide more detail or correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is what I noticed with most of the parlors I went to (each may be a little different). The counter to the left of the machine (near where your deposit your yen) tracks 2 things, the amount of balls you just purchased and the amount of balls you won. When you cash out, you get a card (this remembers both). Some parlors have little kiosk things there you put your card in and can get back cash for the balls you didn’t use. However for the balls you won, you must take card to counter for your price. (While you can trade for cash outside, the while gambling work around thing). Be careful if you hang on a card to play later because some, if not all, are only good for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk