Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my first modern pachinko: 2015 Ranma 1/2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default my first modern pachinko: 2015 Ranma 1/2

Shout out to lotsaballs for heeding my request and showing me the auction for this game on Yahoo Japan. It came to Canada expertly shipped without any damage.
    Game cost 16,000 Yen, shipping was 34,000 yen. 50k Yen all in sounds pretty good. Then I think it was $38 CAD in duty at the door.

I have 5 other pachinko machines but this was my first modern one, which I consider any machine with an automatic shooter on it.
    I was not ready for heavy the darn thing was.

IMG_0635_1296x.jpeg

There was an info sheet in Japanese included and I was able to read most of it using my phone and Google Translate.
    I took about 30 balls, placed them in the upper back tray, and immediately half fell into the front tray and half fell out the back. Ooops.

20190409_153134.jpg

Whatever goes in the above thingy, it was missing. It seemingly controls if balls from above go out the back or to the front. Doesn't matter, it's not there.

turns out the game was setup for home play, where the balls get recycled out to the front. When the paper said "load balls into the top tray", they meant the FRONT top tray, not the rear top tray.
    I did not know the game would be like this, but really I don't mind. There is an odds counter included, so wins can be tracked on that display. And it's one more machine that doesn't require the ball levels to be maintained.

The 100v transformer and cord were clearly marked on the unit. I verified with an electrical friend that 100V is fine for 120V in North America, it just might run hot after being on for extended periods of time.
    Game volume knobs (2 of them) were set to zero, but even with them at max I don't find the game too loud at all. I assumed the sound and music would blare more.

Playing the game, I am innately frustrated by the automatic shooter knob. Does it detect having 2 fingers pressing on it? I swear my knob is flakey without 2 fingers... is that by design?
    I play a lot of earlier pachinkos and I find the speed for autoshooting to be just kind of slow. Perhaps easier of the long term, but for a hanemono there is an advantage to being able to fire well-timed flurries.

The game has a type of layout I've seen in a few other machines. left and right pockets: 1 pulse of the opening. Center pocket: 2 pulses.
    Get inside the hanemono mech and there are multiple ways to the Victory hole. Once in Victory, a 3, 7, or 16 can be awarded.
    What these translate into in regards to ball wins I don't know. Anyone?

there are pockets on the left and right, and I'm unsure what they do

20190410_113856.jpg
    20190410_113853.jpg

And what does the central joystick do?
    20190410_113839.jpg
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to cait001

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: my first modern pachinko: 2015 Ranma 1/2

I guess Its cyclic as the thing that is missing is the payout motor.

Yes it quite common for the shooter only to work unless you have a proper hold on it. There is a metal grounding ring that senses touch and if your not holding it, the shooter will not work.

Have you got volume control through the joystick? Star wars does.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty machine! Congrats on the new addition

I have the same frame in the purple version with Fever Wonderful in it. When no balls are in play and nothing going on for a minute or so I can adjust the volume by moving the joystick left and right. My game also has two versions which I can switch between moving the joystick forward or backward. It will also vibrate when going into a fever round but this aspect may have been turned off or disable for home use in Japan. I imagine some features may vary by title.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine! I love the bright colors, complicated center feature, and the Japanese pop music on this one. I’ve got the same one as previously mentioned; now you can start buying additional cells for it since there’s a ton for the Evol frame! shipping cells is generally in the $130-150 range. Cells are usually $80-130 range. This frame is SUPER easy to swap cells; I love it!

I recommend Thunderdragon Z if you like hanemonos, and of course Battle of Vader is pretty cool with the 3D effects and crazy animatronics; little skill to the gameplay however. Fever Shinkagetsu is a very nice chill nature/animal/hanafuda card themed one as well (also little skill involved though as with most all digipachis).

As for the 3, 7, or 16 rounds; each round you are allowed 10 balls shot into the center feature (I forget exact ball payout # on this one) so obviously the payout potential is far greater with the big 16 round Fever (also different music!) The “3” round fever is a gyp; it’s really only 2 rounds. Such a tease!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I guess Its cyclic as the thing that is missing is the payout motor.

Yes it quite common for the shooter only to work unless you have a proper hold on it. There is a metal grounding ring that senses touch and if your not holding it, the shooter will not work.

Have you got volume control through the joystick? Star wars does.
    I haven't tested for volume control on the joystick. I do wish there was more BGM though.
    Odd about the shooter requiring both fingers. But at least I know that know. At first I thought it was flakey and that I would have to open it up.

Is it typical for machines to be made cyclic like that? Is it an easy conversion on these modern machines?
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I have the same frame in the purple version with Fever Wonderful in it.
    Cool, can you post a picture of that? I tried googling but got no hits.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Nice machine! I love the bright colors, complicated center feature, and the Japanese pop music on this one. I’ve got the same one as previously mentioned; now you can start buying additional cells for it since there’s a ton for the Evol frame! shipping cells is generally in the $130-150 range. Cells are usually $80-130 range. This frame is SUPER easy to swap cells; I love it!

I recommend Thunderdragon Z if you like hanemonos, and of course Battle of Vader is pretty cool with the 3D effects and crazy animatronics; little skill to the gameplay however. Fever Shinkagetsu is a very nice chill nature/animal/hanafuda card themed one as well (also little skill involved though as with most all digipachis).

As for the 3, 7, or 16 rounds; each round you are allowed 10 balls shot into the center feature (I forget exact ball payout # on this one) so obviously the payout potential is far greater with the big 16 round Fever (also different music!) The “3” round fever is a gyp; it’s really only 2 rounds. Such a tease!
    Does your machine play BGM all the time, or just when things are hit?
    Excited to learn about frame swapping! Is there a list of compatible frames I can check out?
    I looked at Battle Vader and dang it seems impressive just for all the crazy crap going on.
    hmmm is there any chance the Terminator 2 pachinko would fit in there?
    It just looked so stupidly over the top, like battle vader, that the experience alone is amusing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    Cool, can you post a picture of that? I tried googling but got no hits.
    Look here: https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/...?tag=2015#2015

2015.6 for the frame of CR Passion Monster
    2015.2 for the cell of CR fever powerful

I received the two as a random pair from a seller thru FromJapan. I ordered the cell and asked for a frame to ship with it. They go well together

Oh and my joystick is used is certain bonus levels as well like using the chance button. I recalled this tonight as I went thru four fever rounds.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 04-12-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone have a link where I can understand what everything here means?
    20190413_001615.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Look here: https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/...?tag=2015#2015

2015.6 for the frame of CR Passion Monster
    2015.2 for the cell of CR fever powerful

I received the two as a random pair from a seller thru FromJapan. I ordered the cell and asked for a frame to ship with it. They go well together

Oh and my joystick is used is certain bonus levels as well like using the chance button. I recalled this tonight as I went thru four fever rounds.
    thanks for that link! I guess that is the only current resource for seeing other titles that share the same frame?
    2016.5 CR Thunder Dragon
    2016.1 CR The Great King
    2015.10 CR J-RUSH3
    2016.7 Ranma 1/2
    2015.6 Passion Monster
    2015.2 Fever Powerful
    2015.1 Fever Mahanatsuki
    2014.12 Battle of Darth Vader
    2014.11 Fever Queen
    2014.10 Fever Koda Kumi LEgend Live
    2014.7 The Melancholy of CR Fever Suzumiya Haruhi
    2014.6 Fevermores Space Pirate
    2014.3 Fever Sea Monkey
    2014.1 Super Tengu
    2013.10 Feel Layers Revolution
    2013.1 Fever Tiger Mask 2

Will definitely be on the market for Thunder Dragon and Battle of Vader cells if anyone sees them around!
    is this a good price? https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r285939736

Kind of sad Sankyo hasn't put the effort in to flesh out their early history on that site.
    Last edited by cait001; 04-13-2019 at 11:26 AM.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will definitely be on the market for Thunder Dragon and Battle of Vader cells if anyone sees them around!
    is this a good price? https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r285939736

Kind of sad Sankyo hasn't put the effort in to flesh out their early history on that site.
    The 8000 yen price is good to me if I were looking to buy that cell. But add about 4000 yen for shipping within Japan and then the international shipping to you. For me the initial $72 could become $350 in the end. The seller also offers a frame for another 5000 yen but it is best to ask if it is all intact. Also add all the additional shipping costs as this might be another separate carton delivered. (I think this is who I bought my purple frame from which also had an auto controller system on it. That was a bit messed up but easily removed and all works as it should in the parlor.)

Also of all these cells listed, I do not know if any are frame specific. As in are there multiple frames that look the same but have slight differences within them which makes them fully work with specific cells.

Some older Sankyo history can be found here: https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/list.php?tag=1966 (unless you meant the non-modern style machines dating back even further?) Look at the left side bar listing ranges of years to look at. I use the Google Chrome browser with auto translate turned on to view such pages.

https://fever.s-pwfl.com/special/pef...919.1555125294
    Last edited by Peteybob; 04-13-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does your machine play BGM all the time, or just when things are hit?
    Excited to learn about frame swapping! Is there a list of compatible frames I can check out?
    I looked at Battle Vader and dang it seems impressive just for all the crazy crap going on.
    hmmm is there any chance the Terminator 2 pachinko would fit in there?
    It just looked so stupidly over the top, like battle vader, that the experience alone is amusing
    Hit the “chance” button; that turns on/off the music from playing constantly; or just plays when you score. Which is nice. Most hanemono and kenrimono are like this and only play music when you score or get a fever; unlike digipachis which can be annoying at time listening to the same repetitive music over and over. Some like Tokio Deluxe let you select the music from several different selections which is really nice!

I’m not familiar with what frame Terminator 2 comes in; if doesn’t look the same probably not. There is a Tekken cell for the Evol frame though.

Be warned though; although cool to look at and play, Battle of Vader makes constant annoying “clicking” sounds when on due to the little servo motors that redirect balls down the tubes; some have disabled them but then the game is way too easy and 2 of the 4 clear ball tubes go unused which is decidedly uncool in my humble opinion! I prefer my games mostly “stock” besides occasionally bending a nail 1 or 2 mm’s to increase odds a bit. Some come from the parlor way too “tight” which is great for the parlor owners profits, but not so fun for at home use! Those are my only complaints about Battle of Vader; non stop clicking and no skill involved to speak of (besides being a fast draw on the chance button) and some of the mini games that utilize the joystick.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The 8000 yen price is good to me if I were looking to buy that cell. But add about 4000 yen for shipping within Japan and then the international shipping to you. For me the initial $72 could become $350 in the end. The seller also offers a frame for another 5000 yen but it is best to ask if it is all intact. Also add all the additional shipping costs as this might be another separate carton delivered. (I think this is who I bought my purple frame from which also had an auto controller system on it. That was a bit messed up but easily removed and all works as it should in the parlor.)

Also of all these cells listed, I do not know if any are frame specific. As in are there multiple frames that look the same but have slight differences within them which makes them fully work with specific cells.

Some older Sankyo history can be found here: https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/list.php?tag=1966 (unless you meant the non-modern style machines dating back even further?) Look at the left side bar listing ranges of years to look at. I use the Google Chrome browser with auto translate turned on to view such pages.

Most expensive cell shipping cost (I’ve ordered 6 or 7 now) was only about $150 for me (domestic shipping in Japan and international FedEx included) via FromJapan. My 2 cents. Cells for the Evol only weigh 20kg or so; about 1/3 the weight of a full machine and much smaller package obviously. Frank at Clover can also get cells; but no telling when the next order/shipment is.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone have a link where I can understand what everything here means?
    20190413_001615.jpg
    While not what you need right now to read this weekend there is a manual for sale here. Double check your model number.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r132093797

With some translating this may become a valuable tool. Note that this is for the model number YED-700. There is also a YED-700S, "S" is the battle counter for pachislo machines.

desktop1.jpg

Here is another link to a business related seller. You could try signing up with them and they might have a download for you. Looks like they check you out and let you know in a couple days if they will allow access or not to their files.

http://www.one-a.co.jp/business/amus...3%BC%E3%83%80/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The frame is so much heavier than the cell, all those electronics! So I'd probably try and source any different frames from North America at this point.
    to be honest the only full pachinko machines I have eyes on right now are an Apollo arepachi, a 1970s powerflash, or a pre-matsumaru guage if I ever had the chance. Space is limited and the walls are closing in!

Moreso I mean that they have pictures for very few of them, and minimal other info.
    but sure I would love to see their even earlier ones, of course!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most expensive cell shipping cost (I’ve ordered 6 or 7 now) was only about $150 for me (domestic shipping in Japan and international FedEx included) via FromJapan. My 2 cents. Cells for the Evol only weigh 20kg or so; about 1/3 the weight of a full machine and much smaller package obviously. Frank at Clover can also get cells; but no telling when the next order/shipment is.
    Thanks for quoting your shipping costs. You'll ping the board on this next legendary "Frank at Clover" shipment happens, yeah?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The 8000 yen price is good to me if I were looking to buy that cell. But add about 4000 yen for shipping within Japan and then the international shipping to you. For me the initial $72 could become $350 in the end.

Oops, my bad I had the pricing wrong in my head. I was thinking of when I bought my Eva8 and forgot that I had a frame added. (10,000 yen total) Both shipped to me in one box via FedEx Intl. Economy. First picture = both shipping charges plus a couple fees would be $282 at today's exchange rate. Add the above cell for $72 = my guesstimate of the $350.

Second picture = my AKB48 cell was around $152 shipped via DHL. I bought this one for 7800 yen with free shipping to From Japan. So only 700 yen of the plan fees was with the cell. Everything else goes with five 2' x 6' banners which I had printed and were added to the same delivery box.

FromJapan EVA8 Machine Rcpt.jpgFromJapan AKB48 Cell+ Rcpt.jpg
    Last edited by Peteybob; 04-13-2019 at 06:39 PM.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While not what you need right now to read this weekend there is a manual for sale here. Double check your model number.
    I am actually kind of surprise there isn't some default format that everyone understood at a glance.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am actually kind of surprise there isn't some default format that everyone understood at a glance.
    There is, the Japanese language! Really though, so much of the industry is filled with disposable goods. The aftermarket sales is just coincidental and so much is revealed by what is dug up or someone by chance has what others want/need. Just my two tokens worth.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default my first modern pachinko: 2015 Ranma 1/2

I haven't tested for volume control on the joystick. I do wish there was more BGM though.
    Odd about the shooter requiring both fingers. But at least I know that know. At first I thought it was flakey and that I would have to open it up.

Is it typical for machines to be made cyclic like that? Is it an easy conversion on these modern machines?
    Aftermarket resellers are the ones who modify them to be cyclic; “processed” they call it. You just have to read the descriptions carefully; or buy from JT Comatz or Clover, theirs are unmolested. The cyclitic mod can probably be reversed; but you’ll have to glue in a piece of plastic and sand it down so the balls flow freely through spent ball chute out the back instead of the font. Not sure how it’s done though on that frame, all mine are “stock” besides some that have aftermarket volume controls installed. I’d remove the cell and post a pic of what the chutes look like. You may like it cyclitic; only need a few balls to play; but no huge ball payouts (besides what your battle counter indicated) and no ball lifter, ball management system/cabinet needed. Each way has its pluses and minuses.

Last edited by lotsoballs; 04-14-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast