Thread: "8-liner" video game cabinet plastics, etc.

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question "8-liner" video game cabinet plastics, etc.

CherrryJubilee.gifSuper8Lines.gif

Not sure where to put this, or even if anybody around here would have the slightest interest, but here goes anyway...??

Here's a couple 'remnants' of a half dozen or so early 1980's vintage 8-liner/draw poker (I think that's what they're called?) video game machines remaining in my collection(s). Their ('upright style') particle board cabinets were subject to "poor storage" before I found them and I ultimately parted them out when none proved practically "restorable". (Happily enough the jukebox and pinball machines found with the same lot were built much better, so both them still survive...?!!) IIRC, all were made by a California company called "CalOmega"...??

I currently have both sitting in windowsills around the house as 'decoration', and a pile of one or two more of each (+ a few different which I don't have pics of) sitting stored someplace, also several CRT video screen chassis assemblies and a couple boxfuls of various other parts, power supplies, switches, bill acceptor parts, and etc. that came from those machines.

I'd sorta kinda LOVE to get rid of most of it...does anybody here have any desire for such stuff, or advice to where's I could go to find people that would?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: "8-liner" video game cabinet plastics, etc.

Bumping this up again, still hoping for any clues as to what I might to could do to find a different home for most of this stuff??

I overheard this story on NPR several weeks ago about a 'video game museum' and it got me wondering... (again)

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2019/...m-gary-vincent

Makes me still hope there's people out there who'd want it all, vs. the dumpster and not that I'm likely inclined to throw it there either (as its already been laying around a decade or so?) but it seems obvious I won't ever need most of it all...it'd surely be better for it to be somewhere else instead...?? I even thought about sending a quick email to that museum offering to "donate" but NH is a long way away which would bring the next obviou$ problem of "shipment/transport"...?

SUGGESTIONS, anyone??

4. The following user says "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: "8-liner" video game cabinet plastics, etc.

The only (not quite) "practical" thing I've ever dreamed up to actually re-use a couple of the switches from those boxfuls of leftover parts...?

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/sto...battery-waster

6. The following user says "Thanks" to AnythingObscure