Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Seven 2 - ultra broken

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ultra Seven 2 - ultra broken

One day, I’ll post something about machines not broken somewhere in shipment . Pallets and containers only moving forward.

My first time using EMS for shipping a machine, however- this does fall inline with the pattern of Kyoto Music machines coming with broken glass. I would strongly enough separate glass shipping for this brand!

This game comes in 4 boxes (could be 3 if you want the transformer mashed in). The frame has a top piece that’s huge!! Kinda like Garo Goldstorm/Tusk of Gods and the new AKB50 machine. Can’t wait for the last box to come in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ultra Seven 2 - ultra broken

Its a shame. Out of all the machines I had shipped. Either. FedEx or.surface post. I only ever had one with broken glass and that was the Urusei Yatsura 1. I suspect that broke due to its age and it is 2 single panes rather than 2 bonded to a frame. Although when mine were shipped they had an X of tape put across them and no transformers.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are spot on! When I look at other branded machines, the glass is bonded. Kyoraku definitely uses 2 single pieces of glass from how the plastic is molded.

On the plus side, it’s not like it’s special glass (i.e. Ring 3d)

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

EMS goes by plane and the glass is sealed. The guy who used to ship for me would drill a tiny hole or two in the edge of the plastic so the pressure could equalize.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That’s a really good point! I checked out the plastic glass frame and there’s a series of pin holes on the bottom I assume are for that purpose.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just curious; who’s your source in Japan that’s packing/shipping these? FromJapan?

My 2 cents; I only use JT Comatz for full machines now unless it’s vintage/ rare. The packing job is worth it alone. Cells are less likely to break in shipment in my experience being lighter and easier to pack well, so I kinda trust FromJapan a bit more with those.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I spent months (literally months) facilitating relationships with several distributors directly to buy in bulk. I vastly underestimated how much effort that would take.. Great inventory and prices, but they can't package them for the life of them. They made it up to me and gave me a few machines for free in my last shipment, which was nice. As long as I stick to buying in bulk, everything is great. It's just the one-offs that get broken.

I've used FromJapan many times and I will say their packaging is top notch compared to other vendors (I.E DON'T USE BUYEE). I've also ordered from JT Comatz and it's been an ok-ish experience. They source their machines from one of the distributors I use, ship it from Japan to Taiwan and then to you. That model works perfect for large games like this, as they quote you ~300-400 for shipping, which when seperated are closer to 1000 in shipping (in the US mid-west).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingwiz View Post
    I spent months (literally months) facilitating relationships with several distributors directly to buy in bulk. I vastly underestimated how much effort that would take.. Great inventory and prices, but they can't package them for the life of them. They made it up to me and gave me a few machines for free in my last shipment, which was nice. As long as I stick to buying in bulk, everything is great. It's just the one-offs that get broken.

I've used FromJapan many times and I will say their packaging is top notch compared to other vendors (I.E DON'T USE BUYEE). I've also ordered from JT Comatz and it's been an ok-ish experience. They source their machines from one of the distributors I use, ship it from Japan to Taiwan and then to you. That model works perfect for large games like this, as they quote you ~300-400 for shipping, which when seperated are closer to 1000 in shipping (in the US mid-west).
    Are you running a parlor or starting up your own domestic pachinko store? Just curious with the bulk only purchases? I know JT also ships in bulk by the pallet; unsure how much shipping cost that saves however.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nah- I'm just addicted to buying machines, though I'll be ready to open a repair shop by the time I fix this last batch

I got the last box (which was a fiasco) and it was fine. I went to put the door on the frame and it wouldn't stay on.. I tried a few more times and flipped it over to realize the door hinge is super bent. It had to take some crazy force to do that- these don't bend easily. Right now, I'm disassembling the whole door so I can use a Thor Hammer to bend it back. Then, it's on to fix "I want to be the strongest", newer "Kinnikuman" and "Incoming Ali".

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nah- I'm just addicted to buying machines, though I'll be ready to open a repair shop by the time I fix this last batch

I got the last box (which was a fiasco) and it was fine. I went to put the door on the frame and it wouldn't stay on.. I tried a few more times and flipped it over to realize the door hinge is super bent. It had to take some crazy force to do that- these don't bend easily. Right now, I'm disassembling the whole door so I can use a Thor Hammer to bend it back. Then, it's on to fix "I want to be the strongest", newer "Kinnikuman" and "Incoming Ali".
    Ah, you’re just afflicted with severe pachinko addiction; I think many of us can relate. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

How many machines do you currently have? Are we talking Compirate levels of a collection?

I’m not a big fan of being a modern pachinko mechanic/technician but it’s necessary if you have many machines and I’ve also learned a lot from working on flood damaged pachinko restorations and troubleshooting assorted issues over the years; vintages on the other hand are actually kinda fun for me to work on; simpler to understand/fix obviously.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have ~50 right now, but I expect to expand by 200 in the coming months. There's about 15 Pachislots in the order (10 Metal Gear Solid because I have to see the system link ) and the rest are titles from last few months to a couple years back. No addiction issue here

oh yea- I forgot to attach the photo of the bent door.. what a PITA.

BentDoor.JPG

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have ~50 right now, but I expect to expand by 200 in the coming months. ]
    Wow! Looks like your addiction has reached “full blown” levels! Expanding by 150 new machines in coming months! I think you’ll have Compirate and just about everyone else in the US “beat” with largest pachinko collection/hoard! Do you have a warehouse or live in a mansion to house all these in!? Big ballin pachinko collector indeed!

Well done; makes me feel better about “only” having 18 full machines and 15 cells, with more on the way! Next time a friend or family member asks “how many pachinkos do you need?!” In an accusatory manner, I’ll mention my collection/hoard is minuscule in comparison to other pachinko fanatics!

Last edited by lotsoballs; 04-12-2019 at 03:10 PM.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That’s not small collection, there’s just various levels of insanity . I out grew my house and I’m in the process of moving to a warehouse (I have other hobbies that need the space).

So I got the glass fixed and the normal wood feet I use were no match for this too heavy machine. Had to make a custom base out of a plank I planed, glued, stained, lacquered with some heavy duty bolts. Here’s a couple pics.

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That’s not small collection, there’s just various levels of insanity . I out grew my house and I’m in the process of moving to a warehouse (I have other hobbies that need the space).

So I got the glass fixed and the normal wood feet I use were no match for this too heavy machine. Had to make a custom base out of a plank I planed, glued, stained, lacquered with some heavy duty bolts. Here’s a couple pics.

Cool machine! What is that one?

Yeah; it’s crazy how big and heavy they are becoming now. My Queen’s Blade 3 is well over 100 lbs; and it’s not even that big compared to Garo Goldstorm and many others that have all the fancy additional “bells and whistles” bigger than the frame of the machine itself!

I can relate though; I’ve been trying to be “good” lately but just relapsed and started messaging my dealer.... Sara at JT concerning scoring a P Numa on special order.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha, disregard “what is that one” duh, Ultra seven 2! How’s the gameplay compared to other newish digipachis?

Have you bought a hanemono or digihane yet? That’s where it’s at for home gameplay in my humble opinion! Besides arepachi which are sadly extinct it appears.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The game is AWESOME. By far the coolest game I have. I’ve been busy building my library with sorta new games (and they’re awesome), but this is next level awesome. GANTZ 2 is in the same frame and I have high expectations for it.

I spoke too soon on the physical operating condition of the game. After using the jaws of life to bend the door hinge to a normal state, I thought I was ok.

When you turn the door key left, it doesn’t open the door. It unlocks the top piece. You have to slide it up and there’s a little piece of metal that’s sticking. Sometimes I get it just right and hope to not open the machine, but I had a ball clog. I can’t get it back to normal. Problem for tomorrow. Here’s some pics.

In terms of Hanimono’s I only have three.

1. Dynamite Man from Okinawa
    2. Tokyo Premium (Paris)
    3. Crazinman <——- not my cup of tea. It’s way too hard for me to have any fun with it.

And.. something must be off with the just released Queens Blade.. its price completely tanked.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The game is AWESOME. By far the coolest game I have. I’ve been busy building my library with sorta new games (and they’re awesome), but this is next level awesome. GANTZ 2 is in the same frame and I have high expectations for it.

I spoke too soon on the physical operating condition of the game. After using the jaws of life to bend the door hinge to a normal state, I thought I was ok.

When you turn the door key left, it doesn’t open the door. It unlocks the top piece. You have to slide it up and there’s a little piece of metal that’s sticking. Sometimes I get it just right and hope to not open the machine, but I had a ball clog. I can’t get it back to normal. Problem for tomorrow. Here’s some pics.

In terms of Hanimono’s I only have three.

1. Dynamite Man from Okinawa
    2. Tokyo Premium (Paris)
    3. Crazinman <——- not my cup of tea. It’s way too hard for me to have any fun with it.

And.. something must be off with the just released Queens Blade.. its price completely tanked.

Dynamite king is actually a kenrimono or maybe a digihane in my opinion, kenrimonos are awesome! I’ve got a couple.

Tokio Deluxe is one of my favorites; even though I can’t figure out how to get my cell to payout... It’s a true hanemono! A great machine!

It’s actually called “CR Raizinman” it’s a digihane; agreed, my least favorite recent purchase. Tenryu infinity blows it out of the water! Highly recommend!!

For a GOOD digihane look at Tropical Raised; LOVE IT!

Anybody wants to buy a Raizinman cell CHEAP PM me

I don’t really care about resale values personally, I know I’ll never get that money back buying a new machine; older ones can and do appreciate though! See what an Apollo 1 arepachi sells for on yahooJapan

26. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is absolutely true! After the 3yr point, titles get hard to find. Although I was disappointed that most of these are scrapped completely vs. resold.

For example, I’ve had plenty of opportunity to buy Rio Rainbow 2 and Star Wars: Battle of Darth Vader. The prices were dirt cheap and I passed every time thinking I’ll get it on the next order. Now they’re hard to find and the places that have it are charging 3x what it was before. Don’t get me started on the price of Transformers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good to see you got it all together! That sure is an awesome machine! Probably my second favorite while visiting Japan, with Garo Goldstorm just taking the lead and now in my collection which I see you also have next to it. Nice!! Wouldn’t mind still adding one of these to the collection eventually as well.
    Enjoy!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just picked mine up (Ultraseven 2) this weekend OMG So F&#@!!ing awesome !!!!!

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

30. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast