Thread: Newbie just got a "CLUB RODEO" pachislo to play with

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie just got a "CLUB RODEO" pachislo to play with

Hey y'all -- Tim from The Natural State here. I've long been a collector of most anything interesting (esp. if it plugs in/lights up/has moving parts inside) and my latest new funtoy seems to fit that bill neatly, also leading me here in the continuing process of learning more about what it actually *is*. :-)

Spotted at a local Goodwill store recently with an "as-is repairs required" price tag on it, I gave it a quick look (intact, anyway?) before declining the price then moving on. Later that nite at home (after a little help from google) I couldn't get the d*mned thing outta my mind so went back the next morning to look closer...a manager dude was then ever so helpful in actually dragging it out from behind the counter (so's I could actually plug it up and see what it'd do, which turned out to be nothing much more than just lighting up all over) but ultimately he was *the most* helpful by also noticing that its price tag had just the right color code mark on it that (instead of the day before when I first noticed it) meant I could take it home for *half price*. Call it SOLD -- I'll take that chance now, and into the truck it went for the ride home!

Further examination (+ more google, while also sucking spiderwebs outta its insides etc) shortly began to clue me more to its functions, which happily included (as I sorta suspected when first looking at it plugged in?) that the thing really *did* work, simply being in need of some 'secret reset procedure' to make it start moving again -- once I discovered how to do that, and armed (only) with the 20-ish loose tokens recovered from odd corners inside its cabinet while cleaning it out, suddenly it *did* accept the tokens, the buttons/reels/speakers started to do things, and all seemed good -- took a few more days after contacting the US company who's inner labels are the only ones in English until a nice little boxful of a few hundred more of those arrived in my mailbox from them, and YUPPERS -- WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!!

So well now, I guess I'm finally gonna have to figure out somewhere in my poor little already-quite-stuffed-ful little house to actually *put* the thing... (instead of sitting on a milk crate in the hall that is, where it landed coming in) At least it isn't *HUGE* (like my other few current 'coin-op' toys) so's I'll actually stand a chance to work it in somewhere...

Now I suppose I need to see if I can figure out how to add a few pics to this...wish me luck...

Attachment 92651Attachment 92652Attachment 92653Attachment 92654
    Last edited by compirate; 03-28-2019 at 07:39 PM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie just got a "CLUB RODEO" pachislo to play with

WELCOME!!!

Looks like you'll need to try the pics one more time..sometimes stuff just gets messed up!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Trying for pictures again...?

Rodeo1.gifRodeo2.gif

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now THAT looks a little better, mebbe...?

THANKS Y'ALL for the kind welcomes in the meantime!

As 'further disclosure' I suppose I should also point out that I knew absolutely *nothing* about pachislo (including even its very existence as a 'thing'?) until I happened across this machine and got to poking around the internets to learn more about it. [when that situation quickly changed, BTW] I've known of pachinko (though in no particular detail) but have never managed to find one of those machines complete/affordable enough for me to wanna buy it. A couple other semi-related (maybe?) toys in my collection (-s, but not in the house as they're too big) include a 1980's Gottlieb ROCK pinball (intact but not working/needing restoration) and a similar vintage fully functional Rowe/AMI 200-selection 45rpm stereo jukebox.

OH -- as to those pics -- the 1st 3 were actually taken before I managed to get the machine to work, while I was still cleaning/exploring it. Last one is the end result a week or so later of my first time (after figuring how to reset it, then waiting to get more tokens) that I actually got to sit down and try to **PLAY** it. After doublechecking the odds setting, it only took half an hour or so (+1 dip back inside to refill my token cup from the hopper) until I'm pretty sure this was my first official (if modest) "bonus round"??

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

16. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello AnythingObsure and welcome to the group

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, today I at least managed to squeeze the CLUB RODEO machine into the correct room (instead of the hallway) albeit still sitting on a milk crate in nowhere near its 'final location'...?

RodeoSignal.gif

(in the background is a clue to some of the more usual sorts of crap I love to collect and clutter up my house with...)

OH -- THANKS ALSO to the mods (I suppose?) for fixing my little screwup/typo when I signed up...I'm so happy my username now has that "c" in the middle of it where it should have been all along...makes *so* much mo-betterer sense now!!

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What is on the wall in your picture? Is it a game, work related, or something decorative?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    What is on the wall in your picture? Is it a game, work related, or something decorative?
    Of those 3 choices, it'd have to be "decorative" I guess...? :lol:

Hi Peteybob!

It is actually a large (3.5' x 4') display panel intended to show the operation of traffic lights at a typical intersection -- basically a large shallow plywood box w/aluminum front, populated w/56 industrial indicator lights. As I've got it currently rigged up, it just sits there and its lights all sequence round and round... It goes to my collection(s) of traffic control equipment (lights, signs, etc) which also takes up a whole lotta space around here as I *do* have quite a fondness for 'light up toys' of any variety...the pachislo is just the latest one to come along...

Workwise, I've spent most of my career in a tiny little niche of the 'music industry' with a likewise tiny company that builds/maintains/tunes pipe organs. (think churches, etc) Those too are truly fascinating box (rooms!) -ful of wonderful whiz-bang mechanical contraptions, though there wouldn't nearly be anything I can think of offhand to make any of that even remotely topical here on this Forum...??

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like a cool display and your place must light up nicely with everything on

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingObscure View Post
    ... though there wouldn't nearly be anything I can think of offhand to make any of that even remotely topical here on this Forum...??
    Perhaps not topical to this hobby but to other members. I believe that member takethecastle57 has a fondness for pipe organs and the like. He may pop in tonight

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingObscure View Post
    Workwise, I've spent most of my career in a tiny little niche of the 'music industry' with a likewise tiny company that builds/maintains/tunes pipe organs. (think churches, etc) Those too are truly fascinating box (rooms!) -ful of wonderful whiz-bang mechanical contraptions, though there wouldn't nearly be anything I can think of offhand to make any of that even remotely topical here on this Forum...??
    I used to be a night watchman at Möller Pipe Organ in Hagerstown, MD. They had a small unit suspended from the ceiling in the assembly room. I used to play it in the middle of the night, scary style!

Here's that organ in a museum in Hagerstown now:
    Attached Images Attached Images

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Looks like a cool display and your place must light up nicely with everything on
    You've no idea Pete...I have more than once been accused of having a house that probably looks more like a disco instead (from the outside, after dark anyways) and indeed that's always been sorta my sideways intention while collecting my toys, no matter which exact house I've ever laid my head down it at night...?

Here's what lives on the wall just over the traffic signal panel for instance...red neon "channel letters" from a former restaurant sign, slightly rearranged... CR-EM.gif

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to AnythingObscure

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to the addiction !!!

and as for Theater Pipe Organs here's the American Theater Organ Society Web site

https://www.atos.org/
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS