Thread: Troubleshooting Diachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Troubleshooting Diachi

Hi Everyone, I have a Diachi (Pink Lady) digital Pachinko, that suddenly stopped throwing balls. On the rear there is a little 7 Segment LED on one of the boards showing code 7. On the front there is only a red dot on the lower right corner of the display that shows how much credit there is on the machine. The animation screen, all the lighs and other things on the playing field seem ok. Is there somewhere to see a manual for these machines? Some troubleshooting guides somewhere? A master reset? Nothing appears jammed, broken or otherwise obviously amiss..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Troubleshooting Diachi

Welcome!

Pink Lady is a cool machine! Haven't played mine in years. Don't recall ever having error 7 though.

I don't know of any manuals. In general, pachinkos aren't supported outside of the parlors.

Some basic things to check. Do you have plenty of balls in the top hopper on the back? Are the balls making it into the payout assembly? Make sure nothing has gotten stuck in the track work. Has the bypass dongle come loose? Probably something really simple. There should be a little push button on the back you push in while turning on the power switch. That will reset the machine.

If one of the other members can't get you sorted, I will see if I can get mine to replicate the error. It might take a day or two since I'm not sure where it is in storage.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

it would normally be the dongle, a blown 1A fuse (rare to blow as your not connected to the parlour system) a bad ground on the shooter knob or the shooter stop button pressed in.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, and thanks for the replies! I have the card reader and the original dongle, there's no change on swapping them back and forth. The top hopper is full, too. Since it was sudden, I'm suspect of a stuck switch (due to a jam) somewhere. I'll check the fuse, but where is the shooter stop button? Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whelp, I found the reset - it didn't help. Took apart the hopper and feeder system, no jams (and balls everywhere as they drained out - lolol). Is the shooter stop button that tiny push-button upper left of the shooter knob? It's not stuck....
    I sure hope it's something simple.... I'll miss these two girls, if it's not. :/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was going to say, with mine (I use card readers as well) when there is no card in the slot it shows “error” 7 and deactivates the shooter because that’s the way I have it set up. Put the card back in and all is normal. Do you have another card you can try? Seems to me that error 7 has disabled the shooter because the reader doesn’t detect a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Firstly, there normally is a decal on the back of the machine listing the error codes (in Japanese), if someone can post a picture of it from this machine or a similar framed Daiichi, then one of us can read the codes and let you know exactly what 'error 7' is trying to tell you, (and maybe it'll be a useful reference for other readers finding this post in the future!).

When you turn the shooter handle, can you hear the shooter motor/hammer trying to shoot balls onto the playfield? If you can, then it's likely to be some debris has found it's way into the feed between the front ball tray and the shooter mechanism.

If you can't hear the shooter motor, then we need to check if it is enabled. This is easier with a card reader emulator dongle, as you can just check the 'Ball Loan Available' LED, as it can only light when the shooter handle is also enabled. I am assuming that this LED is the red dot in the corner of the credit display that you mentioned, but to verify this check that it is lit when a card reader emulator dongle is plugged in, but isn't lit when the dongle is removed or a regular dongle is used.

If the ball loan available LED is lit with the card reader emulator dongle, then that indicates that your dongle and fuses are OK, and that the problem is either with the shooter handle, or the shooter mechanism/motor.

If you report back what you find from these tests, then that should mean that we can direct you to check where the problem actually is rather than randomly checking everything that it might be. ;-)

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Error code 7 is definitely a dongle issue. As soon as I pulled mine, error 7 popped up.

Very hard to get a picture of the error code chart as it's right on the plastic, and going behind the plastic to block the circuit board is a pain.

Anyway, here it is...
    IMG_1461.jpg

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another picture. A lot clearer.

Derror.jpg

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the photos...

- Normal Operation
    1 Out of Balls
    2 Payout Motor Error
    3 Switch Error 1
    4 Switch Error 2
    5 Switch Error 3
    6 Switch Error 4
    7 Prepaid Card Unit Error

So that and your earlier test confirms that the error code indicates a problem with the dongle.

If both dongles (normal and card reader emulator) are not working, and you're getting the error code, then I'd think the most likely cause is the 1A fuse for the dongle power. Not sure the exact location on this machine, but the replacement needs to be a T1A 5x20mm fuse, which is an 'antisurge' or 'slow blow' type. I'd recommend buying a spare fuse or two, as there could be a fault on the dongle that has caused the fuse to blow, so it's best to be prepared and have another fuse handy.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Super easy. Turn the machine upside down, unplug the dongle, and the fuse is right there.

IMG_1469.jpg

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OMG this group is AWESOME!!!

Found the fuse - it was popped for sure - Amazon will be delivering some tomorrow, and I'll let you all know what happens.

Thanks, DaverRob - there are no corresponding decals on the back of my machine indicating what the error codes mean.. The list is printed and taped to the rear now!!

Interestingly, the machine's behavior doesn't change with the card reader, the original bypass dongle that came with the machine or with no dongle at all. the display works, sound works, all lights work, but the shooter doesn't respond at all. It's as if the machine is disabled. Since the dongle is out due to the fuse, it all makes sense now..

I'm posting all of this in case it helps others troubleshoot in the future.
    Symptom: All electronics work, but no shoot, and no Ball Loan Display
    The clues:
    1. Shooter disabled
    2. single red dot in the Ball Loan display
    3. no change with a different dongle.
    4. No hopper jams (known because to completely disassembled it)
    5. 7 displayed in the 7 Segment display on the board

I'll post more information when the fuses arrive!

You guys ROCK!!!!

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Jerry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Success!!!! Well, sort of, anyway. Replacing the fuse brought the machine back to life, but unfortunately, it looks like the Card Reader is the culprit that caused the issue. The regular dongle and the card reader behave exactly the same way. Little red dot bottom left of the Ball Loan, and buttons don't dispense any balls. However, manually loading them into the shooter tray lets the game play operate normally, including payouts when appropriate. So, it looks like I'm going to Pinball Daves site and ordering another card emulator. Also, just to confirm, this is normal, right? With the supplied dongle, you must load balls into the tray manually, correct? (If you can't tell, it's been YEARS since I ran this machine without the reader - lol)
    Is there a US based supplier of these emulators anyone wants to recommend?

Thanks again, everyone - this group ROCKS!!!

And for future readers, if your machine is running but appears disabled (won't shoot), there is a fuse for the dongle subsystem!!! That's what got me...

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Jerry

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well seeing as the dongle creator has already posted in this thread at #7 and #10. I'm sure he already knows. Do you know if you had a V1 or V2 dongle.
    Ian #UKPachinko

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW!! I had no idea! I sent you an email at your store earlier today! <giggle> It's a v1.

~jerry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    WOW!! I had no idea! I sent you an email at your store earlier today! <giggle> It's a v1.
    And I've just replied to your email assuming that it's the v2 version with two voltage regulators, so the internal tests and measurements may not be for the same version

Got to get to sleep as it's nearly midnight over here, I might revisit this topic in the morning...

26. The following user says "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just checked the V1 on my Pink Lady. Display comes up 0 on the display with the little red light on the left. Push and hold the right button loads 10 credits. Push and release the left button dispenses 25 balls.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria