Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some problems with Lassen World

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Some problems with Lassen World

If he doesn't lay claim to the TL-PP93, I would love to get it from you! Been looking for one for years... 10 to be exact.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Sellout-Crowd
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    If he doesn't lay claim to the TL-PP93, I would love to get it from you! Been looking for one for years... 10 to be exact.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Sellout-Crowd

You are second in line to JudgeRob!

Also depending on how many he may acquire I do have several more with various connectors, just not like the one in your prior picture.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

btw: Welcome to the group JudgeRob

Sorry to see such a mess, I hope you can get it all sorted out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! This forum is a great resource. You can go ahead and give the TL-PP93 Ikaria. I am thinking my ball sensors are probably working. They look clean anyway. I just have to get the wiring sorted. I'm getting kind of close. I think all I have left to do are the sensors. For some reason the mouse took special interest in these wires (I have no idea why) and chewed them right up against the housings.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to JudgeRob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, so here's where I'm at with identifying the wires. The only ones I am struggling to place are on the board at the far right side of the cab. It's a small little board where most of the sensors connect to:
    20190305_161725.jpg

The four that are plugged in are the four that I am struggling with. Actually, the purple one has a wire so long I know it goes to the left side. But the other three, the white, yellow and grey ones have me stumped.

ONE of them needs to run right (*looking at the back of the machine) and behind the black plastic frame. I suspect this one may be the far right pocket sensor (again, looking at the back). I also suspect it is the grey connector that needs to go to the far right, based on the lengths of wire that remains. The other two (white and yellow) need to be assigned to the other two right-sided pocket sensors, but I have no idea which goes to which as the rascally mouse chewed them good.

If anyone can confirm which sensors the white, yellow and grey plugs go to, that would be most appreciated! I have a day or two before my plug supplies come...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking from the back of the machine, CN2 (purple) and CN4 (white) go to the ball sensors that are sticking through the cutouts in the cell (for the right and left lower gray cones seen on the front).

Right below the bottom left of that board are 2 ball sensors.

CN6 (yellow) goes to the top (seen in your picture).

CN7 (gray) goes to the bottom.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dang, this is confusing. Does this look right?

20190306_173601-2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Then I have just ONE MORE unknown to confirm. Does this connector connect with the two wires running up and behind the plastic casing on the upper right side?

20190306_181756-1.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well short of actually powering up and testing each ball sensor on the playing field and seeing how many balls payout, or triggering the sub roulette function. No idea.

But if it's the last one. It must be right.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I suppose if I get the pocket sensors mixed up, it wouldn't be the end of the Lassen World. Maybe I would be able to tell after playing it for a while.

My post #28 has me more worried because I can't tell where the wires off to the right go. They are brown and grey like the other signal wires, but I'm scared to short something out by mixing up sensors with other components, lights, motors, etc...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Switch/plug positions are all correct.

The last plug (post #28) goes to the speakers. I tapped mine and installed L-pads for volume control.

EDIT: Sorry wrong board. I'll look again!
    Last edited by Ikaria; 03-07-2019 at 04:14 PM.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry about that. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to snap a photo and edit my post before the 10 min. timeout.

CN8 on that little board connects to a little plug that is behind the payout motor infeed trackwork. So if that's what you circled you should be golden!

IMG_1443a.jpg
    Last edited by Ikaria; 03-07-2019 at 04:31 PM.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sweet! I had to use a mirror to look behind the black frame on mine, but there is indeed a little plug back there! Many thanks so much for taking the time to look at yours and confirm each of the plugs. As soon as my new plugs arrive, I'll finish this up with some updates!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You're welcome. Waiting for the good news update!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Success! This is the good news update! We have a working machine!!!

It was a miracle that it all worked out considering the damage that was done. I still need to check each and every sensor, but it's definitely playable, has sound and no more error lights are on.

All I have to do now is figure out how in the world to play it properly. I don't have any pachinko experience and am not really sure what my goals are...

Next up is to tidy up a little and mount it. How do you guys/gals handle the power transformer? Mine came screwed into a floating block of wood. Do you mount them inside or keep them separate in some kind of separate enclosure?

20190308_230459.jpg

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to JudgeRob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sweet! Glad it's working!

The skinny of game play is to get the balls to go through the middle pocket right under the video screen. This makes the video reels spin. You want the reels to stop on 3 of a kind. When that happens the Lassen door will open and any balls that go in there will give you the big payouts. During this BONUS mode, you'll need a volunteer to keep feeding balls into the top back hopper to fully enjoy the experience. Lots of people build cabinets to hold extra balls so they won't have to do the ball shuffle so often.

For the transformer, mount that block of wood across the two feet and that should do you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRob View Post
    Success!
    Next up is to tidy up a little and mount it. How do you guys/gals handle the power transformer? Mine came screwed into a floating block of wood. Do you mount them inside or keep them separate in some kind of separate enclosure?

20190308_230459.jpg
    On the few moderns I have, the transformer is usually mounted to the frame, (inside) on the side or at the bottom. When I mounted the transformer to the bottom of my PowerFlash...I had to move it, because it was in the way of the ball catcher bucket. Yours don't look like it has much space to frame mount. Building a cabinet also gives more mounting options.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    On the few moderns I have, the transformer is usually mounted to the frame, (inside) on the side or at the bottom. When I mounted the transformer to the bottom of my PowerFlash...I had to move it, because it was in the way of the ball catcher bucket. Yours don't look like it has much space to frame mount. Building a cabinet also gives more mounting options.
    Unfortunately, Lassen World has an all metal frame, requiring some creative mounting options. Mine is in a cabinet, and what I strongly recommend for this one as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool, thanks for the feedback. So I've got this puppy that came with the machine. I just finally got around to unboxing it.

20190317_173903.jpg

I'm starting to feel better about the $100 I spent! At least I have a cabinet for it. I'm not really thrilled about the routered round over edge on plywood. Looks pretty cheesy. I haven't seen many examples of cabinets. Do most people finish these further? I think I have to sand and paint this thing. My thoughts at this point are to go with a glossy cherry red. Maybe yellow...

The cabinet is not exactly tailor made for this machine. It looks like it will fit nicely, AFTER I remove the piece of wood GLUED to the bottom of the metal frame. But even so, I'm thinking I need to drill a couple holes in the aluminum frame and use those to mount and level it.

So it also suggests a key to be used to open it, since I am going to wall mount it. I assume there are no generic keys to buy/make? If not, has someone done a writeup on removing the key cylinder and replacing it? Either with another cylinder or just a turn knob?

The top speakers are splitting my ears. Not sure if the bottom speakers are even working at all. I'm going to try a 4-gang POT and mount it somewhere on the cabinet for volume control.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The cabinet will look sharp in a glossy color. There is a whole section here about cabinets and this looks to be a version of one detailed long ago from other members. A volume pot is a great idea too.

As for a key, I can help you there if you are still looking for one. Looks like you have the standard master lock that accepts an Omlock key. Send a private message over to me with your address and I'd be glad to get a freebie over to you.

26. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast