Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some problems with Lassen World

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Some problems with Lassen World

Hi everyone,

This is my first pachinko adventure. I picked up a machine and from what I can tell it is called a Lassen World. The owner didn't know anything about it at all. She had it plugged in and it make a couple sounds in Japanese. Somewhere near the top, it started making some loud buzzing sounds. I thought it was just part of the sound effects, but now I'm worried something might have broken.

So, I brought it home and gave it a good cleaning. Almost everything seems to be in working order. I can launch balls, the screen is on and it lights up, etc. However, the machine does not react to anything. There are no sounds and the screen just cycles between a few different scenes.

According to PinballDaves's site: http://www.pinballdave.com/pachinko/...ror_codes.html20190302_171439.jpg20190303_111154.jpg20190303_110953.jpg
    I have errors 3 and 5, which are payout errors? I've poked around the payout hopper on top and can't see any jams or anything, but I think this is where the loud buzzing was coming from when I picked it up. When I turn the black knob, it seems to push the balls backward instead of forward, so none pass through. I'm going to try and post some pics here.

Would the errors I have prevent the machine from playing at all? I'm worried there might be a bigger problem than just the payout mech. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Some problems with Lassen World

My least favourite of Heiwa payout motors.
    Its possible something is jamming the motor up, which is why you get a funny noise and its not paying out.
    From memory. if you press the white button, then lift up the clip to remore the payout motor

have a read of this thread. different frame but same payout assembly

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...l=1#post471921
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, that's a nice write up you did! Yeah, I can get the motor off easily enough. Is that little black thing the motor? It looks kind of puny. I thought it was some kind of encoder to count the balls or something.

Is there a way to test the motor?

Is there some kind of demo mode or something that the machine can be put in? Or like a diagnostics mode?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No encoder as such. Just a detector to count balls as they pass through. From memory. The black thing isn't actually the motor just the gears that payout, or should I say. Push the balls towards the payout chute to the front tray. I can't go out and have a look at an actually machine right now. But with the black gear out of the way. You should be able to drop the odd ball down it and it should come out the front tray. I'll see if I can have a look at mine later.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, that makes sense if it is just a counter. It's pretty lightweight. I took it off and was able to pass balls through. IDK why, but there are two separate chutes. The balls can pass through either and come out the front. So, I assume there is no blockage.

I guess at this point I'll try to disassemble the payout tray and see if I can loosen something up that might be jammed...

I'm kind of freaked to tear down too much since I have no replacement parts. I was hoping there was maybe something that just needed to be reset.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine has made some noises in the past. But it's normally due to lack of balls. Once filled it works fine again. Or repeating the ball dump and payout gear cleared it for me. I think it also trys to work as a vibrator so if it's low. It shakes the top tray In case of a jam. Most machines from all manufactures have 2 chutes. I guess it's a speed thing and prevent blackages
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah, that make sense. Dang, I can't clear these errors. I wish I had better documentation with it. All I have is a generic info pamphlet from "slot-pachinko.com". Do you know anything about them? Their website is long-gone.

Oh, and how about this switch, do you know what it does? It mine in the right position? I guess the yellow paint is trying to tell me something...

20190303_130846.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OH NOOOOOOOOOO! I know what's wrong now. I peeked through a crack behind one of the boards and saw this. I don't know what rat got back in there and decided to sharpen it's teeth one day. Now I can't believe it works at all! Man, this sucks. No more powerups until I get it sorted.

My only hope now is that all it needs is a few hours of wire splicing. That is, as long as everything is color coded and I can tell where each one goes. Sad discovery for me...

20190303_133201.jpg

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JudgeRob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well at least you know what's wrong. Hope you get it done.
    As for the switch. My Heiwas have 2. One for the volume. The other puts it in a different mode on power up.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20190303_144354.jpg

What a mess! More like a nightmare. By my count there are about 25-30 wires chewed threw. It'll be a miracle if I can figure out which grey ones go together. If anyone has a screenshot of how this should look with proper wires, you'd sure be doing me a solid...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you unplug the leads at each end. (if possible) then the wires should match up. as in pin5 goes to pin5, pin4 to pin 4 at each end of the loom
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20190303_161340.jpg
    One done, many to go!
    Yeah, it looks like you are right.
    These are the ones that are going to give me problems. The 2-wire ones where both are chewed through...
    20190303_161555.jpg20190303_161543.jpg
    Are these LED modules?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20190303_192510.jpg

I pulled one of the modules. It was near one of the holes the balls go in. What are these little guys called? I assume it detects the steel balls passing through?

The rat chewed these wires off right up against the connector. Does anyone have a source for the connectors? I have some JST connectors, but they don't lock in quite the same. I pulled a pin from it, but trying to solder a wire to it and still have the crimp connector slide back in is going to be dicey...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. Omron ball detecting sensors. Not sure on the plug type. Might be an internet search or see if anyone has knowledge or a spare loom or off cut from a junk machine.
    Ian #UKPachinko

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure if Peteybob or Mandoman might have some spare ends.
    Could be worth a Private message in case they miss this thread.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, thanks! I don't want anyone to have to rip into it just for some stupid connectors... I'm sure they are somewhere on Mouser, if I can find them among 15 thousand connectors on their website...

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am " Thinning my Hoard " and I do have a functioning "Maharaja" just the audio stopped working but all wires are good on the frame and cell and I also have a Fully Functioning "Lassen World" and the audio works

Now here's the the really good news come to Monterey, California and you can get Both for $200 and maybe a Dinner at the Black Bear Diner down the block from me PM me .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From the data sheet for the TL-PP153 ball sensor, the connector should be a Molex 51065 series housing (mouser 538-51065-0200) with 50212 crimp terminals. You should be able to reuse the housing, but unless you have a suitable crimp tool, you're probably better off cleaning up the old crimp terminals and soldering a wire to them.

24. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From the data sheet for the TL-PP153 ball sensor, the connector should be a Molex 51065 series housing (mouser 538-51065-0200) with 50212 crimp terminals. You should be able to reuse the housing, but unless you have a suitable crimp tool, you're probably better off cleaning up the old crimp terminals and soldering a wire to them.
    Thank you!!! I couldn't find a data sheet anywhere and was having a helluva time trying to eyeball the exact ones. I have a crimp tool, so I agree, I'll probably reuse the housings if I can. Is there some kind of centralized spot for these kinds of data sheets?

Now here's the the really good news come to Monterey, California and you can get Both for $200 and maybe a Dinner at the Black Bear Diner down the block from me PM me .
    Thanks bud. The Marahaja looks cool too. I need to get my feet under me with these machines before I spread my wings any further.
    But, I am in CA, so maybe a trip to Monterey is in my future someday...

26. The following user says "Thanks" to JudgeRob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are a few pictures of what I have to offer. No exact match for your part number but if something looks compatible then let me know. I acquired these as used so it is unknown if they work at the moment. The wire connectors appear to be the same other than the length or may just need a little plastic shaved off with a knife.

Left to right they are:
    JEL PS-100, Omron TL-PP133, Omron TL-PP93
    All are solid plastic on the inside of the hole except the tiny tab towards the wires on the center one. See the third picture.

ball sensors a.jpg
    ball sensors b.jpg
    ball sensors c.jpg

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast