Thread: The President...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The President...

I just added a crown jewel to my collection yesterday, a Fuji Shoji President 5 CR プレジデント5; delivered on President’s Day by hilarious coincidence! I figured I share some pics because this beauty is the nicest condition wise (and stunning art/graphics) machine I own. Plus it’s an arrange ball like modern machine aka “arepachi” which is technically a Taiyo Electric trademark from what I’ve heard, so we’ll just call it a modern arrange ball . Each game is 16 balls fired, then pause, start over; with multiple ways to score. As you can see it features a 59’ Cadillac with it’s iconic tail fins, Statue of Liberty with American flag, US Capitol building, and tropical beach scenes! Makes me want to salute and sing “I’m proud to be an American!!...” Also it’s historically significant pachinko wise as first arrange ball/arepachi to have a card reader! The seller was a Japanese collector on yahooJapan who claims he bought it when brand new back in the 90s and also says it never saw parlor use explaining the condition (and high price lol) I have no reason to doubt that looking at how pristinely preserved it is to be 20+ years old! Most of the arepachis I’ve seen for sale lately are best to hell and in bad shape! Not this one though! It also make the coolest noises of any machine!

Manufacturer reference: https://www.fujimarukun.co.jp/products/cr_president/

IMG_0590.jpgIMG_0586.jpgIMG_0589.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 02-19-2019 at 08:47 PM.

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The President...

Nice machine! Congrats on finding such a beauty

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As a CR (card reader?) does it require a dongle? I see a #2 on the lower left pocket. Does it require you to hit a sequence of targets like the Penquin aeripachi? Really nice looking machine! Makes me want one!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    As a CR (card reader?) does it require a dongle? I see a #2 on the lower left pocket. Does it require you to hit a sequence of targets like the Penquin aeripachi? Really nice looking machine! Makes me want one!
    Thanks! Yes; dongle needed; it is Daverob dongle compatible! As far as #2 pocket; not sure yet; haven’t gotten time to play much or get a fever yet; but it does seem Penguin like in gameplay. I’ll post an update in a few weeks on how it plays.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm confused by the scoring, can you elaborate eventually?

Also love the "ARRANGE" font, it reminds me of https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1704&picno=16873
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice looking machine excellent condition..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    I'm confused by the scoring, can you elaborate eventually?

Also love the "ARRANGE" font, it reminds me of https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1704&picno=16873
    Yeah, basically 4 or more balls in a row on the bottom 16 pockets results in a payout (not sure how many balls yet) and payouts increase progressively the more balls you get in a row; (my record is 9 in a row on my Penguin and Apollo 1).

I’m pretty sure the the fever round is activated by 3 or more things happening (I could be mistaken or have missed a step); this one is much like a kenrimono, a “rights” based machine that has progressive obstacles both mechanical (moving pocket in the center feature) and digital (LED number/letter “reel” like a digipachi) you must do the following (still need to confirm 100% by getting a fever):

1. Get a ball into the center feature
    2. Sliding pocket mechanism can either reject it; or if lucky, spin the “lucky vision” LED reel.
    3. If 3’s or 7’s come up on the outer 2 digits of the 3 numbers a pocket opens on the right side; progress to potential fever mode.
    4. Pocket on the upper right side of play field opens; you have 16 shots to get a “v” shot in the pocket; if you do; Fever ensues. If not; you probably weren’t paying attention to the gameplay and back to square one.
    5. Keep shooting balls into right side pocket; massive payout happens, also get paid out on 4 or more consecutive balls on the bottom row.

Pretty much the same style gameplay as Penguin or Apollo 1; I’ll provide an update or correction if I’m proved wrong after getting a couple fevers!

FYI, the manufacturer site clearly calls this machine a modern arrange ball; not an arepachi! Haha, might need to move this thread to the arrangeball section and ruffle some feathers!

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok that is so cool. You mentioned Penguin and Apollo as being similar, can you link me to them? Might have to find one...
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok that is so cool. You mentioned Penguin and Apollo as being similar, can you link me to them? Might have to find one...
    I sent you pictures, those are the most common arepachi in the US it seems; that said, they rarely come up for sale domestically. They were mass imported though in the mid-2000s. YahooJapan or some collector on here willing to sell would be best bet. Apollo 1 is the better of the 2! The cell colors aren’t as wild though as the 80s-90s era arepachi; I dig the neon hot pink, super vivid colors, and bright chrome of this generation best!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't have a link to a seller...but, here is a pic of the Penguin aeripachi machine mentioned.
    I do have a link to the thread of mine, where lotsoballs helped me figure out what it was that I bought. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...hlight=penguin

19. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, so I’ve been observing how this one pays out, it pays out 16 (duh! It says so on upper right corner! ) when you get 4 in a row, so basically your 16 ball game was just free; break even. Balls into the center feature pay out nada so far; correction to my earlier statement; every ball that makes it to “#7” in the center feature spins the “lucky vision” LEDs. Still haven’t hit 33 or 77 yet...

21. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome machine! I am kinda jealous! I would like to add an arrangeball machine and something from that era to my collection. That would kill two birds with one stone! She is a beauty, enjoy!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Loki1982

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Loki1982 View Post
    Awesome machine! I am kinda jealous! I would like to add an arrangeball machine and something from that era to my collection. That would kill two birds with one stone! She is a beauty, enjoy!
    Your wish has been granted:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n329475187

One just popped up for sale; also impeccably preserved; although slightly more UV fading of the hot pink play field. It’s not cheap either!

25. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am fairly certain that the wife would be displeased if I were to buy that one at the moment. I could probably sell her on the 492.00 dollars to buy it put the shipping charges would definitely be a problem. Unfortunately I like sleeping in my own bed an have to pass this time around...

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Loki1982

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Loki1982 View Post
    I am fairly certain that the wife would be displeased if I were to buy that one at the moment. I could probably sell her on the 492.00 dollars to buy it put the shipping charges would definitely be a problem. Unfortunately I like sleeping in my own bed an have to pass this time around...
    For what it’s worth; shipping an early modern is significantly cheaper than a new one due to drastic weight gain in newer models; 23kg for The President vs 53 kg for Queen’s Blade 3 for example. Still not cheap though; would probably be in the $250-300 range going by FromJapan rates. I am happy to most likely have only one in the US though in this shape Unless somebody else has one tucked away secretly! Sometimes it’s better to ask for forgiveness vs. asking for permission, then again, I’m not married...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Under normal circumstance she would be okay with whatever I spend, she actually gets a kick out of the pachinko machines and has actually bought me one "just because", however I recently spent a pile of money on a new Queen Anne screw off barrel flintlock pistol.

30. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Loki1982

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The President...

I FINALLY got a fever tonight; granted I haven’t played it that much, maybe 2-3 hours total so far. So I have a good grasp on the gameplay now.

This machine actually shoots 21; not 16 balls per round. Short term goal is to get 4 or more balls aligned consecutively; 9 in a row is my record! A ball scored in #6 pocket results in the corresponding #6 pocket to illuminate on the bottom scoring; increasing your odds of 4 in a row. Ditto for the #2 pocket on the left side. Long term gameplay goal is to get as many balls as possible in the #7 pocket in the center feature which spins the LED numbers; 7 7 is what you want, a ball in the center also illuminated the #7 pocket on the lower scoring. Each additional ball in a row you get over the first 4 you get another 16 ball payout (5 in a row pays out 32, 6 in a row pays out 48...ect)

Once 77 finally hits; (or presumably 33 ?) all hell breaks loose and it starts making crazy beeping robot noises and odd but lovable high pitched whirring when you score a ball in the two “open” pass through pockets; which in turn activate the tulip to open a few seconds in which you need to get AS MANY BALLS AS POSSIBLE in the upper right side and a massive payout ensues! Once you go through the 16 rounds (I think?) it goes into some high probability mode with lights flashing around the frame; and you go back to playing the left side playfield and aim for #7 center till you hit 77 again; I got fever #2 shortly after.

This machine is highly recommended! I like it better than Apollo 1 or the Penguin actually. I can see why these machines are still appreciated for their skill based gameplay, cool colorful artwork/graphics and unique beeping/whirring/chirping R2-D2 like noises to this day! Too bad they don’t make em like they used to!

Last edited by lotsoballs; 04-02-2019 at 10:48 PM.

32. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here’s a short video of the fever round I hastily took while frantically trying to keep it fed with balls... this one needs a cabinet to make it through a fever! The video doesn’t do it justice though to see it in action first hand!

https://youtu.be/ezsZlArhUmQ

34. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty Rad!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

36. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss