Thread: Help Identifying and any information about this machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help Identifying and any information about this machine

Hello
    I am trying to find more information about this particular machine but can't seam to find anything.It's a Meigin Yanagi Deluxe and the sticker says 36. So if I add 36 + 1925= 1961? Is that possible? It was given to me recently by a customer that just didn't want it. It was sitting outside for awhile but I thought it was very cool so now it's mine. To me it looks very old. A lot of the ramps and things in the back look handmade from metal and brazed together. There is a few plastic pieces but not nearly as many as other machines that I have seen online. I'm not sure if it's missing a bottom piece or how many pieces are missing. Any information would be helpful and if it's worth to try fixing it up or just parting it out. Thanks for any info.

IMG_20190215_231541132.jpg
    IMG_20190215_232242230_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190215_231329882.jpg

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Rider

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Identifying and any information about this machine

61 sounds about right to me...

nice looking machine.. do ya have the lower tray??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No I don't. Does the machine sit on top of the lower tray or does it hook on the bottom?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    No I don't. Does the machine sit on top of the lower tray or does it hook on the bottom?
    bolted to the front of the machine.. kinda like this one

Vintage single shot (7).jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First of all...Welcome to Pachitalk! Nice looking vintage machine! The chrome frame looks good...hard to say that about most machines of this era. From the front, all that looks wrong is the missing tray, and the flipper is down...so the flipper spring is disconnected or missing. The back...a little hard to tell with the vertically stretched pic. But this is what I see: The square metal tube going down the left side is broken. Since this is the ball dump tube, it will not affect playing. Speaking of ball dump...the brass ball dump stop is up. If balls are put in the top tray, they will spill out the broken ball dump tube on the left. Now that I look at it again...the brass wire that comes down from a tilting tin tray looks broken as well. But since it is in line with the break in the ball dump tube...I think it is just the bad pic. This means that the ball dump tube might not be broken as well! Follow the brass wire up. (this wire resets the seesaw) The tin tray that it is attached to activates the jackpot dump. There should be a plastic window in front of it. The missing triangle window is likely gone because it probably is attached to a bracket that is missing from the light coloured wood area, with nail holes in each end below it. Should be easy to make these two missing parts. They are indeed necessary, as the tilting brass tray (just to the left of the brass U turn with plastic window and hook) dumps balls onto this tin tray, where they reverse direction and refill the jackpot in the middle. Without the triangle window...some of the balls will bounce out. On ALL of these early machines, the plastic jackpot tracks are brittle and crumble easily. Some of yours already have, and have been taped with blue tape. Not a pretty repair, but works! Other than that, it looks good. I would not part it out.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The red ball tray could work if the area where the missing ashtray was cut off. But the bolts probably wouldn't line up...and you probably wouldn't want to drill new holes in the machine. When you do find a suitable tray, you would have visible holes that would need to be filled. Plus they want $19.99 + $19.99 shipping...not a good deal, when all you want is the tray.
    I originally searched eBay looking for this machine...that is only good for parts. The tray is metal...which would look better than plastic. Badly corroded...but would clean up with SOS pads and a buffing wheel! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ori...QAAOSwo4pYKGJa He wants $35 for the whole machine, and $75 for shipping! Maybe you can make an offer you are comfortable with, then have him remove the tray and ship it for much less. He could then still (try) to sell the rest of the machine. He would actually be better off taking it apart and selling the parts individually. The machine looks pretty worthless otherwise.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like how someone bent the metal in the upper right to prevent the balls looping around...
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.