Thread: Mission Impossible Pachislo Error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Mission Impossible Pachislo Error

I have no idea on slots but a client figures I should know something?? Anyway he says it ran out of coins inside and then this error started. My translation skills show "call attendant" but that's all I can figure out....
    The ice cream truck music is really annoying too! That along makes me want to pitch it!

I've done what I can figure out, re-seated ALL connections, each and every one of them! Then tried hard starting with the reset buttons (red main one and the 2 little yellow ones on the inside door board).

No luck, so I figure someone here might know whats wrong?

Any help is appreciated and he told me that if I fix it he'll buy me a coffee or beer, so one for you too - I figure that'll get some help quick!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Mission Impossible Pachislo Error

Sometimes you can do a soft reset by turning the door key to the LEFT.
    You will probably have to due a full reset with the inside key by the transformer.
    The following details how to change the odds, but can be used for a full reset as well.

MachineReset.jpg
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! But No luck!

Turning the door key to the left does nothing, and the inside key turned then powered doesn't do anything either.
    Just a side note the inside key is on a board located on the top back-center with the odds button next to it. The transformer is actually a separate external unit AND the power switch is located on a board inside bottom left.
    And then the little digital number screen is located on the inside door right side of the reel window when looking at the inside door....? I assume this is the correct internals but your instructions says otherwise?
    I did find the main ribbon connector slightly loose but it didn't change anything either.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You need to do more than just turn the internal key to the right after you turn it on to reset.

Turn the internal key to the right, then power on the machine.
    when the machine powers on, press the settings button to your desired rate level (let's say 3),
    (the location of your digital number screen seems ok), make sure it advances with each press of the button.

Then hold down the spin knob for about 5 seconds. (Yours is the black knob on the left front of the machine.)

Then turn the internal reset key back to its original vertical position, while the machine is still powered on.

Hopefully this will work for you, as all of my machines use this method to reset them.

You may need to remove/check your hopper to make sure no tokens are jammed in the payout mechanism.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know that I followed the directions but the digital number screen is dark, no light and I can't see any number changing... dead?
    When I hold the spin knob down I do see the 4th red light on that board with the odds key light up, if that means anything other than a signal.
    I cleaned out the hopper and there is nothing stuck in it and the wheel can move.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the internal area of the machine where you say the key and odds setting are located, along with the inside of the front door
    where the odds indicator is located.
    Just to make sure we are talking about the same items.

I've personally never had a machine with the odds light out. It always comes on when you turn the machine on after the key has been turned.
    The only time the digital number screen was dark is if the reset was done in the incorrect order, or the key not in the proper position.

That might be something you could do as well, video yourself doing a complete reset to make sure the steps are performed correctly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for your help!
    Here you go:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like your reset sequence is out of whack. It may be associated with the payout that was is process.
    Let's try a couple of other things, then circle back to the resetting of the machine.

Have you removed the payout hopper completely from the machine, and plugged it back in? I'd try that as well.

Also there are two black slide switches by the reset key. Make sure that they are both in the off position.
    Probably both switches in the down position.

The following details the two black slide switches.
    For home use I believe most people just have them in the 'off' position

Two switches on the power supply by the reset key:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on
    Last edited by jmaclerran; 02-16-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's exactly what he said happened, his wife was playing and hit a big win but it didn't have enough coins in the hopper and the machine went into this error and he couldn't get it reset!
    Yes, removed and reseated everything including hopper and all connectors that I can find. Both of those switches are down (also tried up just in case) no change on/off up/down powered on or off - no markings anywhere near them too

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking at the video it appears that the reset key is turned the wrong direction prior to powering back up. worth re-reviewing this part.

Some machines also act slightly different than others. I have one that the LED settings light stays blank for 20-30 seconds after powering up in the resetting mode so I need to wait for it. But on another the light is blank until I press the settings button 1-6 times. The coin mech does pop out in the reset mode. Once the reset is successful this will "click" back into place. Yes the single red LED lights up indicating that the spin knob was depressed. (Hold down the spin knob 2-10 seconds when you get to that step. Again, some machines respond differently. Mine are 1-10 seconds to work right.) There is another LED for just about every button or switch to indicate communication is good.

Not seeing any error code display? Try pulling the coin mech to visually inspect the inside of it for debris also.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 02-16-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The key in that video was just during the video - I did follow all steps as described in the #2 post....I powered on with it turned to the right, pushed button/held button/thought about holding button and then held down the spin knob and then turned the key back with no luck. Powered it up for awhile too before doing the reset to, in case it needed to warm up, waited had a beer did it again, and again. no luck and that music is driving me crazy! I did disconnect the rear speaker to tone down the sound but that shouldn't affect this?
    Also checked the coin mech and left coins in it in case that does something? But it was clean and rotates, shoots out coins as it should.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since it seems your error is being held in memory after you turn your machine off, it seems to me that you should be able to clear the memory by draining capacitor voltages, which would clear the memory out. This is what happens to normal pachislos when they sit too long and require a reset on power up. Unless this uses a battery for memory retention when the machine is off, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try. Of course if it's battery backup then taking it out for a while would work.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good point Ikaria but the trick is knowing what capacitor(s) to find and how to drain one.

Billyp203, sorry if I misguided you on the coin mech. I was thinking of the coin mechanism inside the door with the magnetic coin rejector that you pointed out in your recent video, not the hopper in the machine base.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't know which but the door coin slot is clean too, send coins through and beyond the rejector when i initially checked it out. So how to drain the capacitors/find the battery backup? I'll assume in the board that is above the power switch? I'll try pulling that one out and open to see what's in it today..... fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I pulled out the power switch board and no luck there.... but i did find a coin battery at the top of the front door, under the fist board that swings up. I don't see away to get at it so if you have an idea let me know before I rip the whole thing out tonight.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I've never dealt with this brand or style of machine. I'd say pull the coin battery for a day or so. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will offer some insight.