Thread: Daiichi Escape

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daiichi Escape

Hi!

I'm starting to get into Pachinko machine collecting and have a handful of vintage machines. My recent pick up is my very first 'modern' machine - Daiichi Escape.

I didn't take pictures but it looks similar to this:

https://www.arcade-history.com/image...i160/28939.jpg

I disassembled it, cleaned it and put it back together. Its looking pretty! I got the shooter working properly and the lights turn on but I'm a bit confused on if its fully functional or not, so I'm hoping someone who is familiar with this type of model can point me in the right direction. Here is my newbie list of questions.

1. There is a tulip in the middle that doesn't appear to open. I was able to see it open and close a few times when the 'slot machine like' display was rolling. I only saw it happen once though. I'm trying to figure out what condition triggers it or if its stuck?

2. There appears to be a door near the bottom of the playfield that at some point is supposed to open up. I've never seen this door open after throwing balls in all sorts of payout holes.

3. There are a few digital displays that I don't even know what they mean. the 1st one is labeled 'chance' and its a 2 digit display. It changes when a ball goes through the 'START' holes. The 2nd display down is a large display that is like a slot machine, when hitting the middle payout it scrolls through various numbers and symbols, the bottom display shows 0 - 0 and has not changed. Can someone explain that these are? Does anyone have any documentation on this type of machine I can read through?

4. There is a speaker but I haven't heard it make any sounds. Is it broken?

Sorry, I would usually just research this myself but there really any info I've been able to find. Pachitalk is my only hope!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi Escape

Ah finally hit a jackpot and saw the bottom door open. Still not sure why the tulip isn't opening. I can also hear a very faint sound but cant locate the volume control.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Daiichi Escape

Here's something that might help explain the tulip, if it's the one in the middle that I circled..I also circled the pass through I speak of!!

D1.jpg

Also the the tulip around the start pocket will only open at certain times too..during bonuses and high chance modes and if you win the sub roulette..Most of the time it stays closed..

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through a pass through pocket (usually on the left and sometimes right side of the playfield), then one of the 4 leds will light (or a symbol on the screen will show)..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there are usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah that totally makes sense now. I am going to classify this one as fully functional. Thanks very much for the clarification. This stuff isn't well documented for a newbie like myself!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to coleco1981

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually one more thing. Sound...how do I increase the volume on the sound effects?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have an older Daiichi model but do have a couple other older brands. The first place I'd look for a volume switch is behind the lower front door. Open the front glass door and look for hook or flat metal plate inside the bottom housing. This would be on the inside and in either corner above the panel attached to the shooter knob and with the main glass door opened up. Pressing this down should allow this lower panel to swing open. On one of mine there is a three position switch for the speaker attached to the panel.

Others may have the speaker attached from the backside with a switch hidden in the lower back area. Might be worth some pictures of the lower rear if this still doesn't work out.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had one of this era where there wasn't a switch but a choice of plugs to plug the speaker into. This again was hidden behind the front tray
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by coleco1981 View Post
    Actually one more thing. Sound...how do I increase the volume on the sound effects?

I am not sure if you have figured it out yet, or even if you still have the machine... but I just got the same machine, and found this site shortly after. Luckily, someone had marked a couple of key things on the back in pink nail polish. It's a tiny little dial near the bottom right. Just need a small flathead, or the tip of a pocket knife.

EDIT - Still don't know my left from right!

escape-sound.jpg

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CoolHandLuke

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS