Thread: help with new machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default help with new machine

I just got a 1997 Versus by Universal

it was super nasty with mice and everything... Got it cleaned up and it does have power. Tokens are accepted and reels spin. The Skill Stop buttons are not working. not sure why...Ideas? Also the manual I have is not for this Pachislo, nor do I see one in the database here...

Thanks much, I have learned a lot from y'all!

Canopygrl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: help with new machine

I've got one light on the motherboard that blinks when I press the middle stop button... but reel doesn't stop... Other buttons do nothing- no blinking on the motherboard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are your stop buttons the type that light up? I haven’t found any videos yet to verify if they do or don’t. One thought is if the lights within the stop buttons don't light up then the spin knob could be problematic. I know for stop buttons that light up normally, they will not light up if the spin knob is still down or stuck even a tiny bit. Going with this thought it may then be worth pulling the spin knob for inspection.

Two other areas that have gone bad are on the stop board which is usually in the upper right side panel of the cabinet. Pull the fuse and check it with a meter. Sometimes they look alright but have actually blown. There is also a common component referred to a C10 on that board which other members have replaced and restored life to their machine.

Of course do go thru and unplug and re-seat cables as this has often fixed things. This is always a good first check to do if not already done.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will def check that out! Took all the wiring harnesses off and found a few breaks in the main one that goes to the motherboard. Ebay guy does have one- but I'm trying to verify the issue before troubleshooting with money!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Canopygrl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Canopygrl View Post
    Ebay guy does have one- but I'm trying to verify the issue before troubleshooting with money!
    Wise choice! I used to work at a car parts store. I would tell customers, "There are 2 ways to fix your car, you can test it by troubleshooting, or you can test it with your wallet...how many tests can you afford?"
    Last edited by hanabi; 01-25-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Repaired quote :)

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cleaned her you and passed her along to a new owner. Hopefully they have better luck!!!

Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk