Thread: Need help changing payout level

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help changing payout level

Hi,
    I have a Playgirl Queen (3 reel machine) which is set to payout level 4. I have tried to change the level by following the reset procedure by pushing the reset button PSW1 on the door display board and / or the tiny black button on the power supply next to the key switch. There are no buttons with color tabs in the machine and the button on the display board labeled PSW1 does not do anything that I can see. Nothing changes the display. I must be missing something.
    Any help is appreciated. I also see what looks like a photo detector on the door latch, is this to keep the machine from operating with the door open?.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help changing payout level

Hello flyorcw and welcome to the group

I'm not familiar with your model but most machines will follow this procedure. Give it a look and let us know how it goes.

reset.png

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by flyorcw View Post
    I also see what looks like a photo detector on the door latch, is this to keep the machine from operating with the door open?.
    Sorry, missed that last part. If this is behind the area of the door lock then it is what triggers a soft reset. A setting can usually be turned on/off that requires a reset at the end of a big bonus round. This is done with the door left closed and the door key being turned to the left.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Peteybob,
    Thank you very much for your reply. I tried once more following the procedure and this time it worked. I changed the payout to level 6 and spun the reels a few times and VOILA ! hit the 777 jackpot. The music was beautiful. I must have hit a BIG jackpot because after 20 free spins and multiple payouts, I gave up and reset the machine.

There are 2 switches on the top of the power supply that I'd like to ID if you could. I've attached a pix to help.
    Thank youPower Supply Olympia.JPG I'm sure I'll have more questions, I'm addicted

7. The following user says "Thanks" to flyorcw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On iPad so navigating not too well this evening

But this is should be the link for the switches

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=64&linkid=518

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is a great forum.Thank you for all the help. Playgirl Queen is running beautifully.
    A friend of mine picked up a machine (Bunny Girl) and is having problems with the stop board. The stop buttons don't work. The previous owner bypassed the fuse on the stop board with foil (DUH !!).He replaced the foil with a 1A fuse.He also replaced a defective C10. Is there a schematic or listing for which wires carry which signals? I'm hoping the foil trick didn't blow something on the motherboard.
    Thank You

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to hear your machine is working again

For your friends machine have him go through and unplug and re-seat the cables as this often corrects problems. I don't know of anyone finding or drawing up a schematic but you may still be able to check for signals. The mother board and/or additional boards may have several rows of LED's. Each of these will light up with different functions like each button pressed, spin knob pressed, coin mech activated, etc... Have him go through pushing each button separately to see if a LED lights up or flashes. This may lead to where an issue is at. Also if the spin knob or a stop button is stuck or bad then that would cause the problem.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't blow up a bunny girl. The prices for them in Japan are huge. Seems to be a desirable machine.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Petebob, Thank you for your reply. The cables have been checked and they seem to be OK. I've attached a pix of the stop board that appears to be giving us the problem. I've checked the diodes and they test OK. As the fuse was bypassed by the previous owner, I'm wondering if U1 (uPC339C, Quad comparitor) or U2 (m53207P, Voltage regulator ???) or the TA78L005 ( 5V regulator) could be blown. I do get 32V across the 470uf cap. The symptom is that after the reels are spinning, the lights over the stop buttons do not light up and the buttons do not work.
    Does anyone have a description as to how the stop board works? There are 4 relays on this board, anybody know what do they do? I noticed that some stop boards have 5 relays and only 3 reels. Troubleshooting electronics without a schematic is painfull. Any help is much appreciated,

bobs stop board.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I don't know electronic components for the boards well at all but hopefully one of our knowledgeable members will be along soon.

One thought is if the lights above the stop buttons don't light up then the spin knob could be problematic. I know for stop buttons that light up themselves normally, will not light up if the spin knob is held down or stuck. I wonder if the lights are to come on once the spin knob is released? Going with this thought it may then be worth pulling the spin knob for inspection.

I will also check my storage in a day or so as I may have a few spare stop boards left.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A little update: I finally got to see the problem machine up close. The reels start to turn right after the machine is turned on, BUT they don't synchronize. The left reel stalls every few rotations. Testing the photo sensor on the left reel shows no pulse from the detector. I've ordered a new photo detector ( Omron ee-sm3) and will let ya'll know if that fixes the problem. Seems that if the reels dont tell the processor what position they are in, the machine will not initialize. BTW, the stop board seems is OK.
    Still need to find out why the reels start spinning at power up.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to flyorcw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Next Update: The new photosensor did not fix the problem. The voltage on the red wire to the sensor on the 3rd reel is missing even though it is present on the other 2 reels. Does anyone know what the photosensor actually does? Is it a reset for a counter that counts the pulses to stepper motor? Does anyone know what ICs drive the stepper motor ? I refuse to give up but I'm stumped at this point.
    Thanks for all the previous help, I am moving forward, just not as fast as I hoped.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would assume like you, that the photocell is a zero position sensor. That resets the reel home position on each full turn.

So the first reel still stutters?

Don't forget to check the boring stuff. Like swapping motors over to see if the issue moves with it. Check that there are no tight spots when you move the reels by hand (always with the power off)
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update:
    First of all, THANK YOU to all who have responded and to this great forum.
    The Bunny Girl machine is fixed. C10 was bad and was replaced. The other problems that were found were all connection problems, the missing 5V to the 3rd reel opto was an open on the interface board between the pin and the contact in the connector. (A very rare problem). There were also two opens on the same connector between the solder pads and the foil trace on the PCB. This was caused by the connector not being placed flat on the PCB and this allowed flexing whenever the mating connector was removed from the PCB connector. A few disconnects of the mating connector and the traces were broken. I am developing a schematic of the stop board and if there are no legal issues with posting the schematic, it should be ready in a few days.
    I'm looking for a stop button, the locking ear on one was broken while I was troubleshooting.
    Thanks again to all.

21. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to flyorcw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello flyorcw. I am having the same issues with the stop board on a Play Girl Queen machine . I have looked everywhere and cannot find a schematic. Could you send it to me please . Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Swharris View Post
    Hello flyorcw. I am having the same issues with the stop board on a Play Girl Queen machine . I have looked everywhere and cannot find a schematic. Could you send it to me please . Thanks
    Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead