Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

  1. #1
    Blind Shooter mrlax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    22
    Thanks Received
    157

    Default Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Hi Folks, I'm looking for conversion hardware that I can buy in US for 100V to 120V conversion. My machine is 24V wired sample that is 'virgin' as provided by a Japanese maker, and I have 24V to 100V unit that I received from Japan.
    Any suggestions on what to purchase to handle the appropriate load for US electrical usage would be very helpful- hoping something I can by via Amazon, etc.

    Thanks very much!!!!
    -ANDY
    mrlax - american pachi-pro

  2. #2
    I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Guildford, Surrey
    Posts
    23,677
    Thanks
    11,274
    Thanks Received
    15,311

    Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Rather than step up to step down. it would make more sense just to buy a 120-24 v transformer. Unless your planing something different.
    Ian #UKPachinko

  3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam


  4. #3
    Blind Shooter mrlax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    22
    Thanks Received
    157

    Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Thank you- Iím absolutely open to a 24v->120v unit as well.
    The machines I handled in the US were always commercial samples sent from Nagoya, and the manufacturers sent us a variety of components to ensure USA connectivity would be ok and we wouldnít fry the machine. Iíll upload some samples of what I have (24v-100v units), but honestly Iím quite naive about this electrical compatability and had previously relied on pachinko/Pachisuro manufacturers for this type of conversion equipment. Now that I need to find something- Iím totally clueless!
    mrlax - american pachi-pro

  5. #4
    Kungishi CarlW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sugar Grove, Illinois
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    2,205
    Thanks Received
    3,259

    Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Here is a link to a 4A replacement transformer. You could use a 10A transformer from same website.

    Your existing transformer should have some type of markings as to the total amps (or watts) of 24 VAC output. I have seen 4 and 5 A.

    You could ask PT member Clover Collectibles.

    https://www.mpja.com/24V-4A-Center-Tapped-12-0-12-Transformer/productinfo/27845+TR/


  6. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW


  7. #5
    Blind Shooter mrlax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    22
    Thanks Received
    157

    Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Thanks for your message. Here's an example of the hardware several different manufacturers provided us with over the years.
    I acquired a 2000w 100v-120V converter- we have used these in the past and I think it will adequately handle the load and pair with this component.


    IMG_3951.jpeg
    mrlax - american pachi-pro

  8. #6
    Tokie Owens Eperiod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks Received
    17

    Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Here is a link to a 4A replacement transformer. You could use a 10A transformer from same website.

    Your existing transformer should have some type of markings as to the total amps (or watts) of 24 VAC output. I have seen 4 and 5 A.

    You could ask PT member Clover Collectibles.

    https://www.mpja.com/24V-4A-Center-Tapped-12-0-12-Transformer/productinfo/27845+TR/

    I was looking at that one for my machine as well but I'm a little confused with centertaps (I'm not an electrician so excuse my ignorance.) How would this connect to a machine for 24VAC usage? I'm trying to replace my current transformer and see how to set it up for 110VAC input, but have no idea about the three output wires since I only have two going into the machine. I was told elsewhere to connect the blue and yellow (because both blues would give +12 and - 12V) but wouldn't that just give 12V?

  9. #7
    Kungishi CarlW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sugar Grove, Illinois
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    2,205
    Thanks Received
    3,259

    Smile Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Quote Originally Posted by Eperiod View Post
    I was looking at that one for my machine as well but I'm a little confused with centertaps (I'm not an electrician so excuse my ignorance.) How would this connect to a machine for 24VAC usage? I'm trying to replace my current transformer and see how to set it up for 110VAC input, but have no idea about the three output wires since I only have two going into the machine. I was told elsewhere to connect the blue and yellow (because both blues would give +12 and - 12V) but wouldn't that just give 12V?
    On the 110V side, connect two black wires together with the hot wire on the cord, connect two red wires with the neutral wire on the cord. On the machine side, connect blue wires to your machine, cap yellow wire. (For 24V AC) The difference between 12 and -12 is 24.

    All of these connections can be made with wire nuts or crimp fasteners. The connections can also be soldered and shrink tubed.

  10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW


  11. #8
    Tokie Owens Eperiod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks Received
    17

    Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    On the 110V side, connect two black wires together with the hot wire on the cord, connect two red wires with the neutral wire on the cord. On the machine side, connect blue wires to your machine, cap yellow wire. (For 24V AC) The difference between 12 and -12 is 24.

    All of these connections can be made with wire nuts or crimp fasteners. The connections can also be soldered and shrink tubed.
    Cheers That's what I originally thought but I had to second guess myself.

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Convert 240V machine to 120V?
    By DaveyC in forum Pachislo Technical Support Tickets
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 11:20 PM
  2. New Here, hoping to get help with a 100v power supply OLYMPIA EXCELLENCE
    By trueno92 in forum Pachislo Technical Support Tickets
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 08:54 PM
  3. Transformers 100V vs 120V
    By Blastronaut in forum Modern Pachinko
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 01:39 AM
  4. 110v vs 100v
    By kmhamel in forum Pachislo Modifications
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •