Thread: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

Hi Folks, I'm looking for conversion hardware that I can buy in US for 100V to 120V conversion. My machine is 24V wired sample that is 'virgin' as provided by a Japanese maker, and I have 24V to 100V unit that I received from Japan.
    Any suggestions on what to purchase to handle the appropriate load for US electrical usage would be very helpful- hoping something I can by via Amazon, etc.

Thanks very much!!!!
    -ANDY
    mrlax - american pachi-pro

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

Rather than step up to step down. it would make more sense just to buy a 120-24 v transformer. Unless your planing something different.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you- I’m absolutely open to a 24v->120v unit as well.
    The machines I handled in the US were always commercial samples sent from Nagoya, and the manufacturers sent us a variety of components to ensure USA connectivity would be ok and we wouldn’t fry the machine. I’ll upload some samples of what I have (24v-100v units), but honestly I’m quite naive about this electrical compatability and had previously relied on pachinko/Pachisuro manufacturers for this type of conversion equipment. Now that I need to find something- I’m totally clueless!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a link to a 4A replacement transformer. You could use a 10A transformer from same website.

Your existing transformer should have some type of markings as to the total amps (or watts) of 24 VAC output. I have seen 4 and 5 A.

You could ask PT member Clover Collectibles.

https://www.mpja.com/24V-4A-Center-Tapped-12-0-12-Transformer/productinfo/27845+TR/

6. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your message. Here's an example of the hardware several different manufacturers provided us with over the years.
    I acquired a 2000w 100v-120V converter- we have used these in the past and I think it will adequately handle the load and pair with this component.

IMG_3951.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Here is a link to a 4A replacement transformer. You could use a 10A transformer from same website.

Your existing transformer should have some type of markings as to the total amps (or watts) of 24 VAC output. I have seen 4 and 5 A.

You could ask PT member Clover Collectibles.

https://www.mpja.com/24V-4A-Center-Tapped-12-0-12-Transformer/productinfo/27845+TR/

I was looking at that one for my machine as well but I'm a little confused with centertaps (I'm not an electrician so excuse my ignorance.) How would this connect to a machine for 24VAC usage? I'm trying to replace my current transformer and see how to set it up for 110VAC input, but have no idea about the three output wires since I only have two going into the machine. I was told elsewhere to connect the blue and yellow (because both blues would give +12 and - 12V) but wouldn't that just give 12V?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Suggestions for 100V to 120V conversion hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Eperiod View Post
    I was looking at that one for my machine as well but I'm a little confused with centertaps (I'm not an electrician so excuse my ignorance.) How would this connect to a machine for 24VAC usage? I'm trying to replace my current transformer and see how to set it up for 110VAC input, but have no idea about the three output wires since I only have two going into the machine. I was told elsewhere to connect the blue and yellow (because both blues would give +12 and - 12V) but wouldn't that just give 12V?
    On the 110V side, connect two black wires together with the hot wire on the cord, connect two red wires with the neutral wire on the cord. On the machine side, connect blue wires to your machine, cap yellow wire. (For 24V AC) The difference between 12 and -12 is 24.

All of these connections can be made with wire nuts or crimp fasteners. The connections can also be soldered and shrink tubed.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    On the 110V side, connect two black wires together with the hot wire on the cord, connect two red wires with the neutral wire on the cord. On the machine side, connect blue wires to your machine, cap yellow wire. (For 24V AC) The difference between 12 and -12 is 24.

All of these connections can be made with wire nuts or crimp fasteners. The connections can also be soldered and shrink tubed.
    Cheers That's what I originally thought but I had to second guess myself.