Thread: Help with Powering a Vintage Pachinko SUN406

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help with Powering a Vintage Pachinko SUN406

Hello,

I'm new to Pachitalk and am hoping someone can help me. I have a SUN 406 vintage machine and I think it is missing the power source. I don't see a battery compartment or any plugs, but I do see a lot of wires and a couple of fuses. I included pictures. Can someone please help me figure out how to power this thing up? Thanks!

Front 1.jpgFront 2.jpgBack 1.jpgBack 2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with Powering a Vintage Pachinko SUN406

its a bit of a guess but i think power should go to the blue green post and the philips screw..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with Powering a Vintage Pachinko SUN406

Does it shoot balls without power? Yours is one of the few type that originally needed power to activate a mechanism to feed balls. Not sure why some brands did this. Often, previous owners disabled this function for home use. I bought one to learn more about them. Mine was oisabled by removing something, and did not come with my machine. 2050-12-31 23.59.59-449.jpg2050-12-31 23.59.59-456.jpg I suspect a metal bar hung from the brass pin at the top right. People didn't like needing power to play, so they disable it. I was disappointed because I bought it because it was an odd duck. 2050-12-31 23.59.59-459.jpg Open the glass door and drop down the shooter door. Mine hinges like a tailgate, and suspect yours does too. My plastic retaining clip is broken, so when I opened the glass, the shooter door just fell off. The whole bottom edge fits in a groove used as a full length hinge. Wasn't properly installed, plus broken retaining clip caused it to fall off when I opened it for the first time. I think I am going to glue a magnet somewhere to retain it.
    As far as power, most likely one pair of contacts should be for lights (most likely 10 volts), and the other pair for the shooter (most likely 14 volts AC). If shooter mechanism has been tampered with, power only for lights, not necessary for playing. The machine will payout with power at all.
    Post pics behind the shooter door when you open it...I am curious as to what yours looks like!
    And before I forget...Welcome to Pachitalk!

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall