Thread: 1998 Double Diamond help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1998 Double Diamond help.

I’m new but I have been hunting around for more information about a machine my in-laws have. They know almost nothing about it and through trial and error I have been able to figure out what most of the internal buttons and such do. It is a 1998 double diamond machine and it works wonderfully. My issue is when it hits triple 7s or any winning combo that requires a reset, I have no idea how to do it without doing a full reset. It also has a set of two micro switches that are connected to the board but the switches aren’t mounted anywhere. They don’t seem to do anything either. I have pictures but I can’t seem to upload them from my phone. Dea anyone know anything about this specific machine? I’ve seen the generic manual/instructions but I can’t seem to find anything about this exact machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1998 Double Diamond help.

If you turn the door key to the left it should reset it I think. There is one or two switches on the power supply you can turn off so that it doesn't require a reset. Do a search on this site and you will find information about them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have searched for two years trying to find information specific to this machine. I’ll have to try turning the key to the left, though the seitches it’s supposed to contact aren’t there. I think that might be what they are for. I’ll post pictures here a little later. Im trying to get the mobile thing going.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finally figured out the Tapatalk thing and am able to add photos.

Below is the image of the unmounted switches I was referring to.

Below is the power supply. I believe I have the switches set up incorrectly as the machine needs a full reset once a jackpot has been hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Siege

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Siege and welcome to the group

Looks like there is one of possibly two mounting holes behind your thumb for the door key switch.

While turning the door key to the left watch inside the door near the cam on the inside end of the lock. There should be a flat bar the moves up and down that slides thru the middle of the switch. Sorry I don't have an IGT machine to compare with yours.

desktop1.jpg

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post

Looks like there is one of possibly two mounting holes behind your thumb for the door key switch.

While turning the door key to the left watch inside the door near the cam on the inside end of the lock. There should be a flat bar the moves up and down that slides thru the middle of the switch. Sorry I don't have an IGT machine to compare with yours.

desktop1.jpg

You are correct, there are two switches and a cam that moves with the door key. The switches are not mounted in any way, they were just stuffed into the door.

I have tried holding the switches in the correct location while turning the key with no results (the cam does contact the switches.) I have also tried depressing the switches myself with no results. The switches do connect to a board behind the door(attaches to the door). It’s possible the switches are bad I guess.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

desktop1.jpg
    You’re correct, there are two switches and a cam that rotates with the key.

I’ve tried depressing the switches by and and also holding it in it’s correct location and letting the cam turn and contact the switches with negative results. I’ve traced the wires back and they are connected where they appear they should be. I guess it’s possible the switches are bad or they were rendered useless at some point by someone else. I also may have the switches on the power supply set incorrectly as well. That’s entirely possible as I definitely do not speak Japanese. I believe both being off means the machine will not require a reset after a jackpot has been hit but I’m not confident that’s correct. I’ve also read that it could be a bonus round that’s causing the machine to refuse a reset because the bonus round could require up to 200 spends to finish. Shrug. At this point my in laws don’t use it because if someone hits a jackpot it basically stops the party it’s so loud and obnoxious. I’m trying to get them to let me mod it so we can control the volume at the very least.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You’re correct, there are two switches and a cam that rotates with the key.

I’ve tried depressing the switches by hand and also holding it in it’s correct location and letting the cam turn and contact the switches with negative results. I’ve traced the wires back and they are connected where they appear they should be. I guess it’s possible the switches are bad or they were rendered useless at some point by someone else. I also may have the switches on the power supply set incorrectly as well. That’s entirely possible as I definitely do not speak Japanese. I believe both being off means the machine will not require a reset after a jackpot has been hit but I’m not confident that’s correct. I’ve also read that it could be a bonus round that’s causing the machine to refuse a reset because the bonus round could require up to 200 spends to finish. Shrug. At this point my in laws don’t use it because if someone hits a jackpot it basically stops the party it’s so loud and obnoxious. I’m trying to get them to let me mod it so we can control the volume at the very least.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On all of my machines the slide bar moves in between the two parts and blocking a sensor which triggers the switch. The IGT type might be different. There is also a light typically on a master board that will flash when the switch is activated. Some of mine are the main board in the top back of the cabinet. One is on a secondary board on the left side in the cabinet and one is a single LED that is above the switch.

This turning left of the door key may not make any difference depending whether or not you have an error code that relates to it's function. Looks like that switch had two nuts fastened to the screws holding it in place inside the rails.

The upper left side two switches on power supply are a mystery to me but the bottom two relate to this:

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position.

無 = off

有 = on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Apparently Tapatalk requires approval before posting. Ha.

Thanks for all the info. I’m gonna reset everything and see what I get.

I did find out that the double switches reset error codes. I had a HE code and the loose switches reset that code after I refilled the hopper.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Siege

Thanks
    Thanks Received

- One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position.

無 = off
    有 = on
    Sorry, I should have elaborated a bit on that last part. The soft reset is the turning of the door key to the left. With the two switches at the off position, you shouldn't need to do a soft reset after a bonus round and your credits won't automatically payout at the end.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I should have elaborated a bit on that last part. The soft reset is the turning of the door key to the left. With the two switches at the off position, you shouldn't need to do a soft reset after a bonus round and your credits won't automatically payout at the end.
    EXACTLY, what I was going to reply!
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    At this point my in laws don’t use it because if someone hits a jackpot it basically stops the party it’s so loud and obnoxious. I’m trying to get them to let me mod it so we can control the volume at the very least.
    Most all machines need some type of aftermarket volume control. They are just to loud for home use and unbearable to play.

Here is what I use on all my machines. 500 ohm potentiometer.

Connecting a Potentiometer
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo