Thread: Tested quality

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Tested quality

Just wondering what the pachinko members think. Which of all the 70 and up pachi’s are the best build, most quality, long lasting machines? I have these twins, but they can be temperamental at times.IMG_0300.jpgIMG_0301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkohead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Tested quality

i like Nishijin machines.. the best Sanyo comet 2 machines the least..

actually ill take any machine other then a comet2
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’ve gotta tell you, my 1978 Model C Nishijin machines are extremely easy to tear apart and maintain, and they have never had any real issues. My other machines have all had occasional issues (nothing major) I’ve got 5 Nishijin machines, and an old 1965 Heiwa Single Shot. The single shot hasn’t given me any trouble surprisingly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Model A Nishijins while very reliable, are fairly complex, with many linkage rods exposed. This makes them somewhat easily bent out of place. I would recomend more than one...so that bent linkages can be compared to a working Model A and returned to original configuration without guesswork.
    Model B Nishijins are very reliable and robust. Ther biggest reason for problems with Model B's is previous owners! Plus they are probably the most common type avaliable, making parts relatively easy to come by. If a part can't be found, it is easy to come across a parts machine to get what you need. The hard part is convincing yourself NOT to try and fix the parts machine. Most have the brown rear plastics. My favorite is the Relatively clear rear plastics so you can almost see what is going on!
    Many other brands are loosely based on the Model B Nishijin and are equally reliable...good luck finding parts for those! But, don't let that discourage you from buying one if it "calls" you!
    Model C Nishijins are equally reliable and robust. As stated by Baseballguy247, "extremely easy to tear apart and maintain". Squeeze about 5 clips and the entire back comes off making cleaning the usually cruddy and often inaccesable areas easy! Unfortunately, they are not that common...NOT RARE, just not that plentiful. For home use, Highly recomended because you want every nook and cranny clean. I doubt it mattered for parlor use, as by the time it got that dirty...the tax stamp would have expired, and were simply replaced. I only have one Model C, one of my favorites. More so for its unusual center feature than the mechanics.
    Very early machines...from the '50s, are simple mechanisms that are easy to maintain. However, although the use of plastic is limited...the almost 70 year old plastics are always very brittle and delicate, and often broken! Can often be fixed (rigged, patched, cobbled) to where they work...but not easy to correctly fabricate something that looks original, or even good for that matter. They are also harder to find and often expensive. These are my favorite in spite of these issues and I have probably a half dozen.
    Even though I have refrenced Nishijins...many other brands ade equally robust and reliable. Heiwa comes to mind as a good high quality brand. When it comes to sturdy...I have a Maruda New Prince that has quite a few cast aluminum parts. Very sturdy parts...but a very finiky machine that often need tweaking. I still like it a lot!

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really enjoy all of the A overflow intricate mechanics and finally have them operating about 99% trouble free. I had trouble with the upper tray feed, it had an old nail stuck almost vertically in the first bend on the way to the middle tray, nearly impossible to spot. If I had to pick my next pachi it would be a powershot or a C machine.