So here is a new idea for a topic.

I was looking at my machines yesterday. I keep them all plugged into a surge protector power strip and when I want to turn the machines on I flip the on/off button on the power strip itself.

Is this how everyone’s set up is?

I ask because many machines have an independent on off switch located somewhere on the back. And sometimes my machines are used so infrequently that they need a ram reset or for example on my Batman machine I need to reset the date for some reason if it’s been left off too long.

My question is, does anyone leave the power running to their machines all the time and just turns them off manually (in the back)?

That way the unit is still getting power so technically the CPU is still getting some energy. I wonder if that is better for the machine. I do know that the power adapter would be warm all the time as well. I’m not sure if that is a concern.

Anyway I’d love to hear how your games are set up!

Do you think manually plugging & unplugging them is best OR using a power strip like I have and switching power there is best OR keeping them plugged in all the time & just flipping them on/off on the unit is best?