Thread: Digihanes: What They Are and Ratings

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Digihanes: What They Are and Ratings

Earlier I was asked to provide some feedback into modern Digihane pachinkos. What are these? A Digihane is a mix of a digital pachinko and a hanemono/kenrimono pachinko. The former is fairly easy to get the chukka, but has harder odds at hitting a winning combination, up to a max of 1/319. The latter has no digital slot feature, but a very difficult chukka. Harder chukkas pay bigger wins. A digihane takes both of these into account....The result being a relatively difficult chukka to hit, followed by a slot feature that has kind odds (1/8 to 1/35 depending on win and renchan potential). There are a few models in and around the parlours here, so I'm going to give a little explanation and my overall rating. These will not be in any order, and I might come back to the thread to put in links for videos etc. Also bear in mind that digihanes are not my preferred thing to play, so if there are a few scathing reviews, don't let it be the be all and end all of you trying one out.

Shakarina
    Probably the only one in this list that I actually like in any way. Ballerina themed machine with a difficult chukka and a 1/10.99 slot. Your ball enters the yakumono, navigates a series of tubes before being faced with a 1/8 wheel. Land in the START pocket to trigger the slot, and all other pockets are lose. It's not the easiest yakumono to enter (About 1 in every 150 balls) and it can take an age to hit the slot. However there are good points. The slot, being 1 in 11, means you always have a fair chance at getting the bonus. Ive had a few first-time hits, as well as someone jumping on after for another first time hit. The Renchan is short and not the easiest, but is doable. One turn at 1/9. Bonus payout is 4000 balls over 2 fevers of 16 rounds. If you hit the bonus early and then the 1/9 afterwards, it can make for a very quick increase in your takings. Rating: 7

Dynamite King in Okinawa
    The Love-To-Hate machine. Easy yakumono to enter, but difficult to hit chukka. The ball goes down a series of tubes, with switches that either flick the ball into the wheel stage, or most likely send it to the drain. The wheel has 3 Lose pockets and 1 slot start. The slot is a simple 1-digit affair, with you looking to hit a 3 or a 7. Odds are 1/28.6 in getting a hit, but it usually takes above this. The renchan is a number of spins at 1/2.92. There's a lot of noise, but for the most part, nothing happens. The machine will say "Exciting!!!" for slot features that are not exciting. It gets to you especially when it decides to take 1000 balls to hit a slot feature that gives the bare minimum Reach. The payout potential is massive. The renchan odds mean it's fairly common to come across machines that have done 12+ fevers, and paid between 15 and 20k balls. Again, all fevers are 16 rounders, however if you land a 3, you'll get a lower paying pocket. I've never had much luck on these and I've put in a fair bit of play, so... Rating: 5

Raizinman
    This one is a little in reverse, as in you have to trigger the slot feature in order to access the yakumono. The slot is 1/5, and if you hit it, you've got a brief time to land a ball in the yakumono. Like a normal hanemono, this is difficult to do. As well as this, the yakumono is the same as Tenryuu Infinity, 3 stages of clunes. The payout for completing the course is only 2000 a time, which seems incredibly tight considering what else is on offer. The renchan is pretty generous if you can hit it, with many opportunities to land balls in the yakumono....But if you're not hitting the winning pocket at the end, it's all for nothing really. Furthermore, Goobie tapped the PUSH button and the thing broke. Bad job. One I avoid in all honesty.... Rating: 3

Gyoza no Oosho
    TBC

Sumo Digihane (Name TBC)
    TBC

Rest TBC as I've got to take care of a few things, when I post the rest, if a mod could do some editing magic, that'd be great. Cheers.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Digihanes: What They Are and Ratings

Gotta work work work! Gotta sweep sweep sweep! Now I'm back at home I'll continue.

Another thing I meant to add to the introduction is: Apart from a select few, such as low variance Gyoza no Oosho models, the payout from digihane machines will likely be very high, with 16R fevers being usual and 1800+ balls dispensed. OK onto the remaining machines.

Sumo Digihane (Tsunatori Monogatari)
    Sumo themed game which is very similar to Gyoza no Oosho. Anyone who knows the yakumono involved in that machine will be familiar with this. Enter the yakumono easily, then go through some tubes, into a moving tray which hopefully deposits the ball in the chukka. Relatively difficult a la Dynamite King in Okinawa, but the final stage is easier. The slot is a 1/29 which isn't great, but has a good payout. 1290 balls with a "Jis****su Jikai Made" kakuhen system... Simply put, the kakuhen is at such ridiculously easy odds, that you're guaranteed to get another fever. This is limited to 5 times, and then you have a one-play 1/9.6 chance to re-enter the kakuhen. This is a reason to like it, and another is the many modes you can put this in. There are a lot of different sumo themes and styles you can have to display the reaches, and even some nods to Okinawa themed games. The one I pick is the Patolight style. The stocked ball will sit there and either be extinguished, or light up the patolight. However, I've never managed a bonus on it....! For that reason..... Rating: 4

Gyoza no Oosho.
    Possibly the most prevalent one on the list (Most parlours will be missing many digihanes but have one of these at least) and comes in many variances. There's the mega mori with a 7000 payout, down to the safe bet with a meagre 600 balls. The slot features range from 1/36 to 1/8 respectively, too. The yakumono is the same as the Tsunatori, which is difficult enough without the slot...! This one is a little easier just for the fact there is a slim chance the ball goes in the chukka via the normal route. It dispenses the balls over a series of 'rounds' up to 64 for the bigger JP games. This is in lieu of breaking the bonus up into several 16 round sessions. It also has 'Okawari Time' which serves as its renchan, however I have yet to see anyone win off it. It's also a little misleading, as the staff on the machines are all cuted up, blowing you kisses etc. whereas if you step into the real shops in Tokyo, they're full of world weary slappers who shout at each other through the kitchen. Rating: 4

UP COMING: P-Numa
    This is one I am very excited about. It has only just hit the floors here, but I'll hopefully be able to get on it soon. This machine is based on the popular show "Kaiji". While there are a few Kaiji themed machines already, this one is very special....As it is a rendition of the machine that Kaiji has his showdown on in the anime itself. And yes, this one is a digihane! You can watch the show to get the idea of how the yakumono works.... Until the 3rd clune. Once the ball hits the 3rd clune on this, it has a 1 in 15 chance to hit payout. The ball, on landing in ANY pocket, will trigger a reach pattern. The ball will either drain after a bit, or trigger the payout, with many many balls entering the clune. People might be put off as the WIN pocket is BLOCKED on entering the 3rd clune, however this is imitating the show, where jets of air were preventing the ball from falling in. On payout, the guard drops and the machine spills its guts. 60 odd rounds again, and a Renchan chance. I'm yet to completely understand this one as it is very new, but it's actually a digihane that I am interested in.... So that's a first I suppose. Rating: N/A

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a fun play video for CR Raizinman - if you can understand a little Japanese, quite entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O9Kpayl-BU
    There is always another machine around the corner...

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here’s a good video of the gameplay of CR南国育ち 羽根 Tropical Raised feathers. This one is my favorite digi-hane!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sguLiyBxBEs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    CR南国育ち 羽根 Tropical Raised feathers. This one is my favorite digi-hane!
    Just a note on the name of this machine.

The kanji we read says 'Nangoku Sodachi' (the first 4 characters) and then 'Hane' (the final 2 characters) in Japanese, which can be translated a number of ways. 'Hane' is just referring to this type of machine - a digital Hane, as you already know.

Nangoku the word is made up of two kanji - 'Kuni' meaning country, and 'Minami' meaning South/Southern. However, the sound of the word also means tropical, amongst other things.

Sodachi means growth, breeding, or fathered...and that's just 3 possibilities.

With Japanese, it as much about the sound of the suggested words as it is the direct meaning, and how they are combined to suggest things. In this case, the theme is frolicking girls in bikinis on holidays. So one can guess the translated meaning is going to be much more likely to be about that.

When Gaku was importing these pachislo versions of Nangoku Sodachi back in 2007, he specifically referred to what the Japanese thought this translated to in English:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...token-machines

the Japanese called it "Playboy Butterfly Girl" in English.
    Gaku referred to it simply as "Bikini Girl."

I kinda like 'Raised Tropical' as in, I was born on an island as an Island Girl?

Anyway, whatever you choose - you can leave the 'feathers' part off, as that's just the literal translation of Hane.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahh! This was the first machine I played, and one that almost made me finish pachinko as soon as I'd started. After a fair bit of battling for anything good, I finally matched 3 numbers! Even numbers, so not as good as odd...I knew this much. But then I was only offered a shot on the analogue system. Which I lost. The one goal I had on pachinko, to try and acheive, and I got zero. Then I got a 4 rounder later on, and Id had enough. I almost quit there and then but then Goobie convinced me to try Gingira in another parlour...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to PekoJPF