Thread: Need help with translation on statistics

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help with translation on statistics

Hello there, happy early Thanksgiving. I am traveling to Tokyo next May for the second time. I found myself playing Pachinko a lot and I felt like I got a hold of the game pretty well. I dont know if it was beginners luck or what, but I won over the course of a week playing a few hours here and there about 1 thousand USD.

Though one thing has still left me curious for next time that might be beneficial.. what are the statistics on the top of the machine? I believe that there are 2 numbers commonly that shows the number of spins and the number of jackpots hit recently but... whats the other stuff?! So many things to look at! I have tried many videos online but nothing seems to touch on the statistics part.

Thanks for the help I attached a picture for reference.

Stats.JPG

2. The following user says "Thanks" to skinnyxpuppy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with translation on statistics

Those little bars tell how many spins it has taken to hit the jackpot recently.

Notice how the bars are all at the very bottom. If the bar is higher it’s taken more spins to hit and if it’s lower it’s taken less

each tick on the bar represents <= the number of spins (x 100) so for example if there is 68 spins there will be 1 tick. If there is 168 spins there will be 2 ticks etc...

the number below those bars represents the amount of bonuses hit in the rush... tokio machines (as shown in the pic) don’t have a rush so they will always say 1. But for example if I play a symphogear and I get 12 bonus in the rush it will say 12 instead of 1

4. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only just seen this thread, Goobie has it spot on with the bars and ticks; I'll tell you about the bigger numbers. The big one in blue is the amount of fevers that have been hit on that day. The numbers below in red are the amount of fevers that have been hit the day before, and 2 days before.

The red number on the right of the blue one is the highest recorded number of fevers in a day. In this case it's likely a player sat on the machine all day. You can't determine if there was a profit on this one!

The numbers in orange show the number of Kakuhen/Renchan fevers (When the fevers hit close together). As Tokio does not have a Kakuhen/Renchan system, these numbers always say 0.

The green number is the number of times the chukka has been triggered, i.e. a 'game' on the machine since the last fever. So if you found a 1/99 machine with say... '480' in green, you'd be expecting a payout sooner rather than later.

Useful buttons: 履歴 is the History button. You can use this to scan each fever and check number of Renchan, balls dispensed, and number of games required to hit it. The 過去 or 合計 button will give you a daily summary of total fevers, renchan, and games played. Although these machines are random, it's nice to try and beat the probability....!

There are numerous battle counter designs with different layouts and more/less detail, but once you know the basics, you can get familiar with any one.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

6. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome thread. Thank you!!

I have a question around general machine probability numbers. Can someone kindly break this down? I feel like something is getting lost during translation. I looked at the term glossary and it still isn't making sense to me.

Jackpot probability
    [1 / 319.68 (Changing Medium: 1 / 136.53) ]
    [Question: what is this actually saying? there's a 1 in 319.68 change during a reach or fever that you'll hit achieve a jackpot? How does the Changing medium fit into this?]

Probability change probability
    70% (Electric chew: 84%)
    [Question: Change of what? Does this mean Chance? Is Electric chew the expected % of ball consumption over x period of time?]

Number of award balls

4 & 1 & 3 & 13/10 count
    [Question: I assume this maps to the various pockets.]

Main buddies when first hit
    About 1170 pieces

Remark 1
    Probability fluctuation up to 200 rpm
    ST pullback rate: about 77%
    ST duration: about 65%
    [Question: 200rpm? I know ST is "special time". Is "special time" considered a fever? What is the pullback rate and duration?]

Remark 2
    After the big hit, 100 times or 200 rpm
    [Question: I don't follow this at all.]

Remark 3
    Distribution of jackpots at the time of winning the HESO】 Distribution of
    9Rs (about 1170 pieces of time: 200 times): 70%
    9R Normal (about 1170 pieces of time: 100 times): 30%
    [Question: What is 9R?]

【Jackpot distribution at Electric Chew winning prize】
    16R chance change pieces shorter working hours: 200 times): 70 Pasento
    4R probability variation (about 520 pieces shorter working hours: 200 times): 14 Pasento
    4R normal (about 520 pieces shorter working hours: 100 times): 16 Pasento
    ※ probability variation is V winning conditions, payout payout
    [Question: What is 16R, 4R and working hours?]
    Last edited by Vikingwiz; 12-13-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dont worry, I can make sense of this fairly easily. Im on my phone now, so I might update bit by bit. Mods please merge me posts if poss when Im done, and Goobie do coreect me if I am misinformed somwhere

9. The following user says "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingwiz View Post
    Awesome thread. Thank you!!

I have a question around general machine probability numbers. Can someone kindly break this down? I feel like something is getting lost during translation. I looked at the term glossary and it still isn't making sense to me.

Jackpot probability
    [1 / 319.68 (Changing Medium: 1 / 136.53) ]
    [Question: what is this actually saying? there's a 1 in 319.68 change during a reach or fever that you'll hit achieve a jackpot? How does the Changing medium fit into this?]

Probability change probability
    70% (Electric chew: 84%)
    [Question: Change of what? Does this mean Chance? Is Electric chew the expected % of ball consumption over x period of time?]

Number of award balls

4 & 1 & 3 & 13/10 count
    [Question: I assume this maps to the various pockets.]

Main buddies when first hit
    About 1170 pieces

Remark 1
    Probability fluctuation up to 200 rpm
    ST pullback rate: about 77%
    ST duration: about 65%
    [Question: 200rpm? I know ST is "special time". Is "special time" considered a fever? What is the pullback rate and duration?]

Remark 2
    After the big hit, 100 times or 200 rpm
    [Question: I don't follow this at all.]

Remark 3
    Distribution of jackpots at the time of winning the HESO】 Distribution of
    9Rs (about 1170 pieces of time: 200 times): 70%
    9R Normal (about 1170 pieces of time: 100 times): 30%
    [Question: What is 9R?]

【Jackpot distribution at Electric Chew winning prize】
    16R chance change pieces shorter working hours: 200 times): 70 Pasento
    4R probability variation (about 520 pieces shorter working hours: 200 times): 14 Pasento
    4R normal (about 520 pieces shorter working hours: 100 times): 16 Pasento
    ※ probability variation is V winning conditions, payout payout
    [Question: What is 16R, 4R and working hours?]
    Let's go! From the top!
    1/319 will be the probability of a hit in the base game. The 1/136 will be the hit rate during Kakuhen (Enchanced mode after a big win).

The 70 and 84% relate to the probability of entering Kakuhen after a win. If it's the first win, the chance is 70%. After that, you'll be upgraded to the 84%, if you hit another win in the enchanced period.
    Den-Chew is a mistranslation and actually means 電チュー, Electric Tulip. This refers to the extra chucker that activates during Kakuhen or Jitan. The two wings open up, giving it a 'tulip' shape.

The next part you are correct. Pocket mapping.

Special Time should be Kakuhen. The 77% should be Probability of entering, or re-entering Kakuhen after a win. The 65% refers to the probability of achieving another win during kakuhen. I *think*.
    Hitting the other 23% in the former means you get jitan. Hitting the 35% in the latter means your rush and bonuses finish.

Remark 2 refers to the electric tulip being open (on kakuhen or jitan) for either 100 or 200 games. 'Times' and 'Rpm' use the same kanji 回.

Remark 3: 9R refers to 9 rounds. Your first bonus will always be 9 rounds from the looks of things. Then you get either 200 games at Kakuhen (1/136) or 100 games at jitan (1/319). You have a 70% chance at kakuhen and a 30% chance at jitan.

The last part is for any hits you achieve after your first one (when the tulip is active)
    A 16 round bonus with 200 games (at 1/136)(kakuhen) 70%
    A 4 round bonus with 200 games (at 1/136)(Kakuhen) 14%
    A 4 round bonus with 100 games (at 1/319)(Jitan) 16%
    'Shorter working hours' probably a bad translation of Jitan, or the fact games are played faster with the tulip open.
    Chance Change and Probability Variation both mean Kakuhen. Normal means Jitan.
    Last edited by PekoJPF; 12-14-2018 at 05:04 AM.

11. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was incredibly insightful. Now the game manuals make more sense to me. Thanks again for sharing 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PekoJPF View Post
    Only just seen this thread, Goobie has it spot on with the bars and ticks; I'll tell you about the bigger numbers. The big one in blue is the amount of fevers that have been hit on that day. The numbers below in red are the amount of fevers that have been hit the day before, and 2 days before.

The red number on the right of the blue one is the highest recorded number of fevers in a day. In this case it's likely a player sat on the machine all day. You can't determine if there was a profit on this one!

The numbers in orange show the number of Kakuhen/Renchan fevers (When the fevers hit close together). As Tokio does not have a Kakuhen/Renchan system, these numbers always say 0.

The green number is the number of times the chukka has been triggered, i.e. a 'game' on the machine since the last fever. So if you found a 1/99 machine with say... '480' in green, you'd be expecting a payout sooner rather than later.

Useful buttons: 履歴 is the History button. You can use this to scan each fever and check number of Renchan, balls dispensed, and number of games required to hit it. The 過去 or 合計 button will give you a daily summary of total fevers, renchan, and games played. Although these machines are random, it's nice to try and beat the probability....!

There are numerous battle counter designs with different layouts and more/less detail, but once you know the basics, you can get familiar with any one.
    Wow! Thanks so much for the help with that. Incredibly helpful.

A few follow up questions for you -

1. Is there a reference here for some of the phrases you are using? I noticed you say some key words like. "renchan", "chukka", "fever" , "kakuhen", and "Jitan", I am assuming "renchan" is "reach"? If so I am familiar this is with a 2 side matching numbers with a possible hit.

2. In your example of the 1/99 machine, I was under the assumption that out of 99 "spins" on the wheel, (maybe this is what a "chukka" is?), that it will hit once out of 100 times. If a machine has already spun 480 times, would it not of already hit 4 times already? Or is the number just not simply reset when the jackpot is hit?

3. Are these color coded items usually commonplace from parlor to parlor? Such as green for amount of Spins, Blue for number of hit in that day, then the following for 2nd day, and 3rd. etc.

4. Would you care to comment on the information above the LCD displays?
    Like such as, what does "2or6or15R" mean?
    Or, what is the 0.364x1 and 0.364x2 mean?

Thanks so much for the help! If you would like to talk if its easier on slack/hangouts/skype whatever, so im not filling the form with dumb ass questions, I would be happy to

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll reply to this (and other messages and PMs for that matter when I get home; My pleasure to help, it's just Im drinking and on phone right now lol
    Your questions look easy to answer

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyxpuppy View Post
    Wow! Thanks so much for the help with that. Incredibly helpful.

A few follow up questions for you -

1. Is there a reference here for some of the phrases you are using? I noticed you say some key words like. "renchan", "chukka", "fever" , "kakuhen", and "Jitan", I am assuming "renchan" is "reach"? If so I am familiar this is with a 2 side matching numbers with a possible hit.

2. In your example of the 1/99 machine, I was under the assumption that out of 99 "spins" on the wheel, (maybe this is what a "chukka" is?), that it will hit once out of 100 times. If a machine has already spun 480 times, would it not of already hit 4 times already? Or is the number just not simply reset when the jackpot is hit?

3. Are these color coded items usually commonplace from parlor to parlor? Such as green for amount of Spins, Blue for number of hit in that day, then the following for 2nd day, and 3rd. etc.

4. Would you care to comment on the information above the LCD displays?
    Like such as, what does "2or6or15R" mean?
    Or, what is the 0.364x1 and 0.364x2 mean?

Thanks so much for the help! If you would like to talk if its easier on slack/hangouts/skype whatever, so im not filling the form with dumb ass questions, I would be happy to
    I'm back home and filled with Japanese beer (Lager...) so I'm able to answer things! Once again, frooommmmm the topppp!

1) Phrases I used should be in a glossary or dictionary here somewhere. For the record and the ones you've highlighted... "Chukka" is the hole you want the ball to hit to start the slot/open the wings. "Fever" is when you hit a bonus. "Kakuhen" is the enchanced odds mode that usually follows a "Fever". "Jitan" is the regular (Not great) odds mode that sometimes follows "Fever". Finally, "Renchan" is when a Fever triggers during Kahuhen or Jitan. It basically means the continuation of the Fever/Kakuhen/Jitan combo. If you go back into the base game, that's that. No more Renchan. A "Fever" with no Renchan is known as "Tanpatsu". Youre correct with "Reach" being 2 numbers matching, and trying to drop in the last one.

2) The games are random. Think, 99 balls in a bag, and one is a winner. 99 are losers. Pick out a ball at random, and put it back in after the spin. It can easily take over 99 spins to trigger the Fever. The counter (Green in your picture) resets after a Fever is hit, but there might be an additional counter with total spins that day. This doesn't reset until the next day. The way you described it in your question, is you have the bag with 99 balls, but you're imagining a losing ball is NOT put back in the bag.

3) A very good question... And NO! The colours are different depending on the counter. Take a picture of as many as possible, or better still if Im around I can assist in person. However, once you know the basics, it's quite easy to decipher other counters.

4) 2, or 6, or 15R depends on the number of rounds you can win on the machine. 2 means 2 Rounds, 6 means 6 Rounds, 15 means 15 Rounds. A 'Round' is a period of time that the WIN gates are open, for you to shoot balls into and accumulate prize balls. When a certain number of balls have landed in said gate, there is a few seconds grace period, then the next round starts. The other numbers refer to the Chukkas on the machine in your picture (Tokio Premium). Basically, there are 2 Chukkas on the side marked '1', and a harder one in the middle marked '2'. If you land in the '1' Chukka, the wings on the side open for 0.364 seconds, one time. Predictably, landing in the '2' chukka will open the gates for 0.364 seconds twice.

4b) Detailed information on the 2R 6R 15R on the machine in your picture, TOKIO PREMIUM.
    To trigger the Fever, you have to land a ball in the V gate. Everything is mechanical. No digital slot here!
    After the ball lands in the V-Gate in the bottom, it will be brought up to the first level of the TOKIO tower. It'll either land in a '3' or an UP. Landing in a '3' triggers are 2round Fever, landing in an UP will take the ball to the top level. You've a 67% chance at hitting an UP.
    At the top level, you have 50% at landing in a '7', or a '16'. This'll give the 6 or 15 round Fever respectively. I don't know why the machine gives one less fever than the number advertised, but this is prevalent among many machines.

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PekoJPF View Post
    I'm back home and filled with Japanese beer (Lager...) so I'm able to answer things! Once again, frooommmmm the topppp!

1) Phrases I used should be in a glossary or dictionary here somewhere. For the record and the ones you've highlighted... "Chukka" is the hole you want the ball to hit to start the slot/open the wings. "Fever" is when you hit a bonus. "Kakuhen" is the enchanced odds mode that usually follows a "Fever". "Jitan" is the regular (Not great) odds mode that sometimes follows "Fever". Finally, "Renchan" is when a Fever triggers during Kahuhen or Jitan. It basically means the continuation of the Fever/Kakuhen/Jitan combo. If you go back into the base game, that's that. No more Renchan. A "Fever" with no Renchan is known as "Tanpatsu". Youre correct with "Reach" being 2 numbers matching, and trying to drop in the last one.

2) The games are random. Think, 99 balls in a bag, and one is a winner. 99 are losers. Pick out a ball at random, and put it back in after the spin. It can easily take over 99 spins to trigger the Fever. The counter (Green in your picture) resets after a Fever is hit, but there might be an additional counter with total spins that day. This doesn't reset until the next day. The way you described it in your question, is you have the bag with 99 balls, but you're imagining a losing ball is NOT put back in the bag.

3) A very good question... And NO! The colours are different depending on the counter. Take a picture of as many as possible, or better still if Im around I can assist in person. However, once you know the basics, it's quite easy to decipher other counters.

4) 2, or 6, or 15R depends on the number of rounds you can win on the machine. 2 means 2 Rounds, 6 means 6 Rounds, 15 means 15 Rounds. A 'Round' is a period of time that the WIN gates are open, for you to shoot balls into and accumulate prize balls. When a certain number of balls have landed in said gate, there is a few seconds grace period, then the next round starts. The other numbers refer to the Chukkas on the machine in your picture (Tokio Premium). Basically, there are 2 Chukkas on the side marked '1', and a harder one in the middle marked '2'. If you land in the '1' Chukka, the wings on the side open for 0.364 seconds, one time. Predictably, landing in the '2' chukka will open the gates for 0.364 seconds twice.

4b) Detailed information on the 2R 6R 15R on the machine in your picture, TOKIO PREMIUM.
    To trigger the Fever, you have to land a ball in the V gate. Everything is mechanical. No digital slot here!
    After the ball lands in the V-Gate in the bottom, it will be brought up to the first level of the TOKIO tower. It'll either land in a '3' or an UP. Landing in a '3' triggers are 2round Fever, landing in an UP will take the ball to the top level. You've a 67% chance at hitting an UP.
    At the top level, you have 50% at landing in a '7', or a '16'. This'll give the 6 or 15 round Fever respectively. I don't know why the machine gives one less fever than the number advertised, but this is prevalent among many machines.
    Thanks so much for that information again! Very informative.

I will be in the Tokyo area from May 1st - 11th of 2019.

Last year I had a blast playing them. I am sure its beginners luck but like I said - I won like a grand USD. I will be with 2 other friends and for sure will not be playing the whole time, but will try to get to a parlor at least a couple times while I am there. Last year I played at all the ones I kinda just "stumbled" on while walking around. I know that the rule of thumb is to play only the really crowded ones as they are most common for winning.

I got the hang of trying to hit the spins in the main chukka, took me a while to figure out that once you hit a fever, you had to on most machines increase the shot strength to start getting the flaps. I can recall playing a "Garo" game where I hit the fever and it seemed to go on FOOOREVERRR. It was pretty awesome. Now that im familiar with it, it sounds like I might of hit the Renchan quite a few times!

After all this information gathering im doing on this the second time around, watch me lose all my money. LOL