Thread: Question about payouts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Question about payouts

Hi,

I was wondering...since US slot machines like my Double Diamond use RNGs (Random Number Generators), do Pachislos do the same to determine payouts? Is it some kind of rigged system that pays out only when X amount or X percentage of a Big Bonus has been put in depending on what number the odds are set at? How in the world are the outputs chosen? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Question about payouts

No. Everything is a ratio. So for an example. Lets say you have a machine with a super big bonus and the ratio for it is 1/16000. that means that everytime you push the knob to spin the reels, you have a 1/16000 chance of getting a super big bonus. All slot machines have to have an RNG chip installed by law, or it isnt gambling. The odds can be changed but that only effects the ratios. So for example if you have a ratio of 1/600. That means that the RNG chip will cycle through 600 different numbers randomly at microseconds at a time and only 1 of those numbers is the winning number. Now as far as a difference between US slots and pachislots there are many differences, one being that there is skill involved. However, i have heard that cherries and watermelons, and reach patterns can push a bonus forward but i havent been able to understand how that works if it is true.

Tokie Owens Winnerwinnerchickendinner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Question about payout odds.

on my hanabi machine , the manual states the odds and i dont understand how to interpret these numbers. Anyone???
    Setting # 1
    98%
    Setting # 2
    101%
    Setting # 3
    105%
    # 4
    108%
    Setting # 5
    115%
    Setting # 6
    125%
    Thanks
    Last edited by Winnerwinnerchickendinner; 02-27-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Winnerwinnerchickendinner View Post
    on my hanabi machine , the manual states the odds and i dont understand how to interpret these numbers. Anyone???
    Setting # 1
    98%
    Setting # 2
    101%
    Setting # 3
    105%
    # 4
    108%
    Setting # 5
    115%
    Setting # 6
    125%
    Thanks
    ok so what you are looking at is the payout percentage. your machine has 6 different settings called skill levels. you can change the level by using the settings key. anything less than 100% the house is expected to gain medals. anything higher than 100% the house is expected to lose medals. so for example based on what you are showing here, if you set your machine to setting 1, your machine will have a payout percentage of 98%. meaning overall, the machine will gain medals. when we look at "overall" its something like 15 thousand cycles or something like that. that is how these percentages were created. test cycling.

Tokie Owens Winnerwinnerchickendinner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So in a nutshell if i set it to 1 then the machine will payout 98% of the time in the 15,000 cycles? So the house will only collect 2% of the medals in a 15,000 cycle?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JesseLee View Post
    ok so what you are looking at is the payout percentage. your machine has 6 different settings called skill levels. you can change the level by using the settings key. anything less than 100% the house is expected to gain medals. anything higher than 100% the house is expected to lose medals. so for example based on what you are showing here, if you set your machine to setting 1, your machine will have a payout percentage of 98%. meaning overall, the machine will gain medals. when we look at "overall" its something like 15 thousand cycles or something like that. that is how these percentages were created. test cycling.
    OK now I want to see footage at the pachinko labs where they test cycle these for 15000 robot-controlled shots
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Winnerwinnerchickendinner View Post
    So in a nutshell if i set it to 1 then the machine will payout 98% of the time in the 15,000 cycles? So the house will only collect 2% of the medals in a 15,000 cycle?
    well the test cycles are different with every machine. some are in the millions. i just used 15 thousand as an example. but the easiest way to look at it is some days the machine will lose medals but on most days it will make medals as long as you stay below 100%