Thread: Do I have to have a stand when buying a pachinko machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Do I have to have a stand when buying a pachinko machine?

Hello, I’m planning on buying my first pachinko machine soon. (Fever Macross Frontier 2 Pachinko) do I have to buy a stand or feet for the machine? Or is there anyway that I can just be very careful and sit it on a table and play? I really want this machine, but hope I don’t have to buy a stand or feet? Please help, I’m a noob so sorry if this is a stupid question. Lol

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Do I have to have a stand when buying a pachinko machine?

If your not going to put it in a cabinet, then you can stand it on a table, but its a good idea to put some feet on it, just some timber screwed to the bottom, to prevent the machine from falling over (backwards or forwards) as these are heavy and can fall over. When I bring on in for testing. I G Clamp it to the counter
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the response. Do you know where I can buy the feet at?(I cant build my own lol) I live in the USA. Also, mine is coming with 500 balls, should I buy 500 more? Thanks again.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Feet is pretty much a grand term for what is 2 bits of flat timber

See this one.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...highlight=feet

Although they are far too long in the picture. About 3-5 inches sticking out the front and back is good.
    On mine, I put a another piece between the two feet on the back, to add strength and give a level surface to mount the transformer and waste ball catching tub.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Blade View Post
    Thank you for the response. Do you know where I can buy the feet at?(I cant build my own lol) I live in the USA. Also, mine is coming with 500 balls, should I buy 500 more? Thanks again.
    any good lumber yard will have a saw.. get some 1x4 or 1x3 pine and ask them to cut them 10 or so inches long for you.. then screw them to the bottom of the machine.. attach them before you load any ball in the machine.. cause once you load the balls your going to need to keep the machine upright..

and yes get more balls at least a thousand total..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have this machine, my advise is get 2000 balls, there are 3 places for balls, you will need something to catch losing balls in back, there are lots of things that work, a container that's under 5 inches tall, and needs to be at least 7 inches long (this machine has 2 places balls exit machine, they are 6 inches apart) you need balls in top hopper, which pays you as you win, and you need balls to shoot. My advise is anything less than 2000 is to much work of moving balls around (you still will have to move losing balls to top hopper, but not as often)

You need feet for sure, I buy 3.5 x 12, 3/4 thick, home depot will cut for you, or they have a hand saw, you can cut there, also need a piece of 2x6 to set behind machine, to hold container for losing balls, 6 to 8 inches long is great, just ask for scraps from employee

This game is fun, I like it a lot, good choice on first machine, welcome to the group
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for the replies! Hey Quester, where do you recommend buying the pachinko balls? I’ve looked everywhere and I believe eBay may be the best option? I hope that it’s not too much for me to ask, but, is there anyway you could post a short video or some pictures of your pachinko machine with the legs? That would help me out tremendously! Do pachinko machines typically need more balls than pachislo machines need tokens?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do pachinko machines typically need more balls than pachislo machines need tokens?
    interesting question..

yes

a pachinko machine take balls from the top and drops them out the bottom.. you have to lift them back to the top..

a pachislo take tokens in the hopper and the player puts them back in the hopper so its like a recycler machine..

now with that being said there are early 70's vintage pachinko machines that recycle.. and there are Modern pachinko machines that have been converted to work with very few balls.. these Modern machines are loved or hated by there owners ... I love the early vintage machines.. converted modern machines ill pass..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I better get to buying some pachinko balls then before my Macross Frontier 2 Pachinko gets here then. It’s only coming with 500 balls.
    People must continue to fight for their fate. Unless they fight for the future they wish for, they will never know whether or not they can attain it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ebay or clover collectables for pachinko balls, with feet, 1 inch in on each side, front should show 3 inches, rest in back, I use sheet rock screws with flat head (4 of them) and I also put felt pads on bottom of wood, I use 1/2 round circles, and I use a lot of them, so I can slide machines
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I better get to buying some pachinko balls then before my Macross Frontier 2 Pachinko gets here then. It’s only coming with 500 balls.
    as someone who plays this machine in parlors often, this machine has my record (the 1/77) of the highest balls ever won on a low odd machine (20k) is yours is the 1/199 you are screwed with only 500 balls. Believe me. You will need atleast 2-3k.

Also, look in to buying a ball lifter.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    as someone who plays this machine in parlors often, this machine has my record (the 1/77) of the highest balls ever won on a low odd machine (20k) is yours is the 1/199 you are screwed with only 500 balls. Believe me. You will need atleast 2-3k.

Also, look in to buying a ball lifter.
    to use 2 or 3000 balls your gona need some kind of top mounted ball hopper.. the factory ball hopper will only hold a thousand balls give or take.. make sure you have a way to support all that weight as well..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for all of the replies! Since you said you played it before, how was it? Do you think it’s a pretty good pachinko to buy?
    People must continue to fight for their fate. Unless they fight for the future they wish for, they will never know whether or not they can attain it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for all of the replies! Since you said you played it before, how was it? Do you think it’s a pretty good pachinko to buy?
    game play is fun. Lots of moving parts. Buy it if you enjoy the music for sure!!!

Also. Look for the 1/77 version as it hits WAY more often.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777