Thread: Shipping Stories

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shipping Stories

Of the 9 machines I received in the last 2 months my experience is I'd prefer to let an airport luggage handler do their worst vs. FedEx.

• Ironically (and luckily), Lupin the End did not meet its ends when it arrived at my house. The FedEx delivery person pushed it off their truck sideways onto my driveway. I saw him do it and started swearing at him and pointed out that the whole thing was video taped, which had him extremely apologetic. Somehow the machine wasn't damaged at all.. Kudos to Plasma Infusion for such awesome packaging, else that would certainly be broken.
    • There seems to be a lot of confusion around what huge UP arrows mean on a box. I'm under the assumption that an arrow pointing up universally means that the package should be standing with the arrow pointed up. For some reason FedEx doesn't believe this. Nearly all of my machines come either upside down or horizontal.
    • 1 came not double-boxed, it had a huge hole in it and scuffed up the front top of the frame. Aside from that, it was fine and Novus #2 took most of it off.

Net-net: regardless of how many fragile, glass, up arrows, notes that plea for them not to take their rage out on my packages- it doesn't mean anything to them. Kinda odd for a logistics company to not respect that.

I'm curious what experiences others have had around how shipping carriers handling their Pachinko machines.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shipping Stories

Haha, my first Fedex of 2 cells via FromJapan looked like someone beat the box with baseball bats or used it as a piñata! There was a huge hole in the box; luckily no small items in the box, or they would have surely been lost. The cells were both individually boxed though and boxed tightly with no wiggle room so they arrived unharmed despite FedEx’s abuses.😲 Frank at Clover Collectables mentioned he’s had such bad experiences with broken machines shipped via FedEx last machine I ordered from them a few months back was personally delivered to my house by an employee eliminating potential for FedEx shenanigans! 👍 (I’m about 3hrs away) Top notch customer service! I’ve also driven there to pick up machines to save a bit of shipping cost and eliminate FedEx from busting up a nice machine, and probably will do so going forward once they get more inventory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-31-2018 at 09:25 AM.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shipping Stories

My experiences have been very similar to both of yours. Thankfully I work within a few miles of most carriers around the airport. Picking up large or fragile packages myself eliminates the finale 1-2 handlers. I have also paid the extra $30-40 for DHL as a courier who does respect the notes and arrows on a box. (sort of my own extra insurance policy) I've had some cracked door glass a couple times from the others.

So many seem to think the UP arrow means "kick here, and hard". The biggest lesson I've taken away from my purchases is to learn first how something will be packed. All shippers have potential for bad handlers but it all starts with the packing methods.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I say if you insure the package for $5000 and they damage it, they should pay you $5000! It shouldn't matter what the item is worth. I bet they'd take better care if they actually had to pay out.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Shipping Stories

Been so freaking lucky with my aquisitions...I hear these horror stories. So glad it wasn't bad with mine. Did Frank forget about us? That spring shipment is LOOOONG overdue...and then he never responded to the post...
    Calypso

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Too small to be a pachinko machine...but, that was the 1st thing I thought of!

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

got a machine with shooter disconnected from machine, that's the worst for me, had to find a repair shop on micro chips that got damage, and had to glue plastic back together, but fixed now and machine works great. For me it wasn't driver, I was outside when it arrived, so warehouse movers, plane loaders did damage
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My favorite shipping story is when I ordered 1,000 pachinko balls from eBay and they were shipped in a USPS flat rate box. The postman rang my doorbell and handed me a nearly empty box. It seems the box fell off a rack in his truck earlier in the day and split open, spilling the contents in the truck. He said the “balls rolling around at every start and stop” he made was making him crazy.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

15. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ordered gold balls off ebay, just 500, between post offices not liking package, it got sent from east coast to west coast {of USA} multiple times, after 3 weeks of both me and seller trying to figure out problem, I gave up and got a refund, no idea what happen, as buyer, post office does't tell much, gotta guess they thought it was some kind of pills or drugs
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    ordered gold balls off ebay, just 500, between post offices not liking package, it got sent from east coast to west coast {of USA} multiple times, after 3 weeks of both me and seller trying to figure out problem, I gave up and got a refund, no idea what happen, as buyer, post office does't tell much, gotta guess they thought it was some kind of pills or drugs
    my wife shipped some glass beads from hear in Cali to Canada.. they got lost then showed up a month later.. we watched the tracking for 5 or 6 weeks the post office shipped them from Sacramento to San Francisco and back, 2 or 3 times a week.. then they got stuck in Sacramento for a while then nearly 4 months after sending them out they got returned to her.. no explanation ever given
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the moral of the stories seems to be. If shipping lots of small round items, you should wrap them individually
    Ian #UKPachinko

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't you dare let anyone over here know that. Here in Japan they can and will! I've played pass the parcel just to open a bag of snacks... Been offered a bag when I bought a stamp... Missed a train due to gift wrapping, when I left 10 minutes to spare at the register. The list goes on!
    I've only had one coin-operated gaming machine delivered to me "Fully serviced". Whatever that means. It was a pub fruit machine. Turns out "Fully serviced" means 10 bulbs missing across the board, a button still sticky from having beer poured on it in the pub, and best yet.... A missing payout chute. Had to send an order off to a contact with better reputation to get a replacement one of them. Oh and they wired up the coin mech wrong.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Funny enough. The some of the sensors we fit come with 2 self tapping mounting screws. Normally in a small sealed plastic bag. We have seen in the past. The normal sealed bag containing 2 smaller bags each with a single screw in them.
    So 2 screws = 3 bags
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ordered a bunch of Unistrut P1068 2 Hole 90DEG Corner Angle connectors, they were shipped in a flat rate box. A corner of the box apparently burst and several were missing. Post office realized that and said some were missing... It was a 50 piece box and I think I got a bit over 40... it was enough for what I was doing so I didn't complain. I ended up changing my mind and going with 4 hole L connectors so even those I got were spare, for now. It surprised me they let it be shipped in that box because they are heavy when you get that many. I was going to use them for that pachkino bench I made with bus seats, but went bigger.