Thread: First Pachinko Machine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question First Pachinko Machine

Hello. Obviously I'm new here, and I had a few questions for the community.

I went to a swap meet a couple days ago and a person there was selling this. I've always thought pachinko machines were cool, and stumbling across one where I live was too tempting to pass up, so as you can see I bought it for $75. Probably not a great deal, but hey, I got my first pachinko

I'm sure this great community can tell me more, but from some of the basic research I've done, it's a Heiwa type 2 I believe, from what I've seen in pictures. The lady who sold it to me told me her grand kids had played with it for years, so it worked at some point. It's been in storage a while though, definitely dusty, but other than that seems to be in decent shape. Nothing is obviously broken, frame is intact, play-field condition isn't terrible, and we tried running a few balls through from the supply tray but they got stuck in what I believe is the jackpot area in the middle, and they won't feed into into the machine from the front. After some exploration and experimentation, I think it may just need to be cleaned to make sure everything is working together. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have a few simple questions:

1) Can we determine a date? The label on the front (pic 6) is covered up with some kind of sticker. If I had to guess I would say '70s?

2) Do I need to power this machine? I read most of the vintage machines are primarily gravity-operated. I didn't see any obvious transformers, just the unit where you put in a fuse and hook up power to the lights. Again, newb, so not sure.

3) What does the "Custom" badge mean? Doing a Google image search, I found there were other "Custom" Heiwa machines, but I have yet to see one with my play-field. Websites so far haven't bothered explaining.

4) In pic 4, (it might be hard to see, sorry) is the blue arm supposed to be hooked to the yellow piece above it? When we put balls through it that's where they got stuck.

5) On vintagepachinko.com, I found this DVD about Heiwa restoration. Would this be a good purchase for cleaning/maintaining my machine?

Well, I think that about covers it. Anything else I should know? Again I'm new to this. My biggest concern is just getting it working properly, which I don't think it's far off, but I'm just trying to be optimistic. If you need more/better pictures I'll do my best to accommodate.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it. Sorry if the post is a little long

20181029_195830.jpg20181029_195849.jpg20181029_195950.jpg20181029_200103.jpg20181029_200122.jpg20181029_200238.jpg20181029_195805.jpg

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to SpaceKnight