Thread: CR dispense credits instead of balls

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default CR dispense credits instead of balls

Is it possible to use the CR port to send a signal for credits externally vs. dispensing balls for wins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CR dispense credits instead of balls

No, not possible as far as I am aware. The CR interface protocol is one way only from the card reader to the pachinko. The response from the pachinko is simply a confirmation of payout or a failure.

From what I've seen in the Japanese pachinko halls, where they allow cards to be credited for wins, this is either done by carrying the tray of prize balls to a separate counter unit, or at the machine where instead of placing a tray to catch prize balls under the front of the machine, the player drains them straight into a counter mechanism built under the machine.

I have a counter like this prototyped on one of my pachinkos that works with my CR emulator dongles, but it needs some serious refinement. It works OK (most of the time!), but the quick hack that I've put in the dongles code for testing messes up some of the other features, and I'm not in a position where I can spare the time to do the proper code re-write and the mechanical tuning needed to get this production ready,

The alternative would involve hacking into a few signals in the machine to intercept the signals to the payout motor (and simulating the sensors that confirm payout), but then this would also stop CR payouts, so you'd have to do something to solve this as well, or convert the machine to cyclic and enable/disable the shooter handle for timed play.

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob