Thread: Stuck in odds setting mode

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Stuck in odds setting mode

High just bought a used machine that seems to be stuck in odds setting mode. if I turn the key to off sometimes it just make a load beeping noise and shows "off" where t odds number use to Display. I can change the odds and the number will change. It just never goes back to "play" mode. I have shut it on and off and gone thru the reset procedure. Still stays in odds setting mode. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Stuck in odds setting mode

been there done that..

only thing i can say is your missing a step in the reset.. treat the machine like it is in play mode and do the rest from start to finish.. that should clear your problem..

and of course
    Welcome to Pachitalk

try posting a few pics of your machine so we can see what type of machine and see if someone can help ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the advise. I will try that again and tinker with it a bit. I would love to learn how to wok on these machines. Seems to be a bunch of them in my area that people getting rid of because something doesn't work on them. Would be fun to save them from the trash heap.

Million City is the machine. Found this info from a online data base. Was hoping to download the actual owners manual but the manufacturers site was in Japanese. I'm guessing so would be the manual.

Thanks!

[TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 785"]
    MILLION CITY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Trying to upload pic for my Million city machine but not working. Have tried the reset procedure multiple time but still no luck. With the reset key turned the the right , the window shows a number 1 thru 6. I can change this number (odds) with the reset switch. when I return the key to the 12 oclock position, the window either remains showing the selected number or a siren sounds with flashing lights on top occurs and the odds window now shows the letters "OF". Any ideas... please?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are you following all the steps, it's easy to miss a step, are you 'locking' in the number with the joystick?

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

also,
    Here's the how to on posting pics : http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ost-Pictures!!

there's a 2mb size limit
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I printed your instructions and followed them carefully. Immediately after completing step 7 the "alarm" went off an the odds window displayed "OF". I tried this multiple times with the same results. I can silence the alarm by turning the power off then on again. This also resets the window to display odds again.

I played with the key a bit and found that after attempting a reset, when I place the back in the off position, I can still change the odds if I toggle the skill switch. Not always but semi consistently.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, Found this fix to the problem and it worked. It was in the Pachilso Repair Guide that I found posted on this site. I didn't cut any wires but traced it back and unplugged it. Presto, it worked!

Now for problem #2. The max bet or Bet button has becomes stuck. I was going to spray contact cleaner on it but was told Carb cleaner works great. Not so much! Really stuck now. Does anyone know how to remove this button for cleaning or replacement? I was hoping someone had knowledge before I forced something and made things worse!

Thanks,

Paul

What does OF mean and how to fix it:

In newergames, OF means the overflow sensor has been triggered.
    However insome older games it means the select switches are on and should be off, (seepage 7.)
    To resetthis kind of an error, turn the door key to the left, to prevent it fromhappening again, turn off the
    selectorswitches as pointed out on page 7.
    In newer games it means a tokenor some thing else has touched the probes or the wires touched for a second,
    to triggerthe alarm.
    Some gamesstill have the probes installed, if these become shorted they can cause an OFerror do be
    displayedand an alarm to sound when playing the game.
    To keepthis from happening anymore, turn off the game, locate the probe’s and wires onthe bottom right of
    the game,to the right of the hopper.
    Most oftenthese wires go to the power unit, you can just cut these wires off at thesource, being careful to cut
    only theseoverflow leads or cutthem at the probe end and tape the ends to keep them from coming in contact
    with anyother wires. You can remove the probes mounted on the back with a Phillipsscrewdriver inside of
    the game,or just leave them there.
    Leave theground strap if one is present as seen in the above picture, it’s the braidedwire that is stapled to the
    cabinet.
    It’sbetter to just leave this alone, and do not try to connect any other wires toit.
    Now turnthe game back on, if the game is still showing an error, try using the door keyand turn it to the Left.
    If this doesn’t work refer tothe section titled “Doing a Full Reset”. A full reset will clear the error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
    Carb cleaner works great.
    works great at melting plastic..

my advice would be to take it apart.. or locate a replacement
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doooh! His advise is usually so good! Ok newbie mistake. I have looked to see how to remove it and am a bit stumped. Can you (or anyone) tell me how to remove the button?

Thank,

Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
    Doooh! His advise is usually so good! Ok newbie mistake. I have looked to see how to remove it and am a bit stumped. Can you (or anyone) tell me how to remove the button?

Thank,

Paul
    sorry im more of a Pachinko kinda guy

I see Exploratory surgery in your future

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,

Got the MAX Button out. I was being too delicate. Anybody have a Pioneer Million City max bet button for sale