Thread: A gon Evol vs Sankyo Evol; tale of caution!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default A gon Evol vs Sankyo Evol; tale of caution!

Hey everybody, this thread is more of a cautionary tale of cell swapping gone wrong, but it seems the A gon Evol cells (like the 2018 Raizinman cell I just got) will beep incessantly in the Sankyo Evol, all functions “work” however, lights, music, payouts, etc. Just annoying beeping🤨. It’s fine at first until you get a winning ball then the beeping starts.🙄 So only workaround is play with volume turned waaaayyy down. Which is a shame because Raizinman has cool classical music! Or buy the correct A Gon frame (the ugly yellow one) Unless some genius on here knows how to hack the Evol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A gon Evol vs Sankyo Evol; tale of caution!

if it beeps after a payout. it might be the frame is looking for the payout ball to leave the cel (a modern anti tamper device)

you could try sourcing an autoplay system for Sankyo and doing a hack to intergrate it into the raizinman cel. so it will send an impulse to confirm payout ball has exited the cell by piggy backing or sending a delay signal after a pocket hit.

as to how. No idea, but its the best thing I can think of.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, this issue doesn’t seem ball/payout related.... I can also get it to happen if I push the chance button or move the joystick; 10-20 seconds go by and the lights do a quick show and it makes bicycle ringing bell sounds, then beeping will manifest itself with no balls fired at all.🤔 Quite the mystery... the A gon frame has no joystick; but neither does the purple Evol Thunderdragon frame and it works just fine in this frame (originally Battle of Vader) When I have more time I’ll pull the cabinet off the wall to see what error is being thrown.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update: No error codes, yet the beeping continues, hard reset doesn’t fix either. 😒 So I’m just gonna have to live with the beeping or buy the yellow A-gon Evol frame it would seem. Hopefully Frank imports one of those A-gon machines soon!🤞That Gogo Pyramid hanemono looks kinda neat! Haha

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had some time last night to play ole’ beepy for 45 mins or so, I’m warming up to this machine! It takes quite a bit more skill than you would think from seeing the YouTube videos of gameplay. I’m used to kenrimono and hanemono machines that don’t play music unless you score a ball, so it’s not such a big deal to play with no sound; my girlfriend prefers this one for that very reason! 🤣 The light-show indicates when a ball scores and the little trapdoor opens for .5 second or so; timing is crucial to get balls down to the “spinning” dishes in the center. Still haven’t made it past the second level. Double “7s” makes the trapdoor open 3-4 times and lets you get several balls queued up for the spinning portion of the game. This game reminds me of a kenrimono in the way you have to have the right to move to the next portion of the gameplay. I figure I’ll play it a month or so, then reevaluate if this cell is really worthy of its own frame specific for this cell just to listen to the music without beeping. This one is actually really exciting once it releases the balls to the spinning portion; It had me yelling at the machine last night the balls spun around in hopes of getting to the V spot, so it’s definitely more engaging than a regular digipachi in my humble opinion! 😁 I like it uses physics instead of a computer to decide a winner!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Used to be prevalent at the parlours about 6 months back.....Surely set you back a fair amount of money? Played it a couple times, have to admit I thought it a dreadful game at the time, essentially just playing a harder Tenryuu Infinity with a smaller win at the end. Damn...Would love one of them. And a Shakarina thrown in too while we're at it!

One saving grace for this one though is Goobie tapped the PUSH button for no reason and alarmed it and got in trouble. Was fun to watch....!
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PekoJPF View Post
    Used to be prevalent at the parlours about 6 months back.....Surely set you back a fair amount of money? Played it a couple times, have to admit I thought it a dreadful game at the time, essentially just playing a harder Tenryuu Infinity with a smaller win at the end. Damn...Would love one of them. And a Shakarina thrown in too while we're at it!

One saving grace for this one though is Goobie tapped the PUSH button for no reason and alarmed it and got in trouble. Was fun to watch....!
    The cell set me back 15,000 yen ($130), I agree, I much prefer the looks/gameplay of that Tenryuu infinity one judging by the videos I’ve seen, however it’s still quite pricey (45,000+ yen) and I’d need to buy the full machine, not just a cell. I’m guessing since this one isn’t so popular that is the reason it’s so cheap for a 2018 model. It only got a 2 star rating on that 777.nifty site (whatever that means). I like that Shakarina one too, looks like a good frame to get to be able to swap those cells freely (I would assume) once prices come down to earth.

Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-18-2018 at 12:25 PM.