Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Batman Gotham City Error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Batman Gotham City Error

CR communication error means that the machine thinks you haven't got a dongle plugged in.

Ball cut off means it can't detect any balls coming from the hopper. (Segment 'c' is not lit, so the machine is detecting no problems with the payout motor, so it just needs filling with balls or checking for something blocking the path to the payout motor).

So take a dongle from a known good machine and plug it in and see if the CR communication error goes away. If it goes away, then your original dongle was faulty, but the pachinko machine is OK and the shooter handle should start working again. If the error stays then you are going to need to replace the 1A fuse and try again.

The fuses are 5x20mm fuses and you'll need a T1A fuse (1 amp 'time delay' or 'antisurge'), the fuses voltage rating isn't important. Buy a couple of fuses, as if your original dongle is faulty it might blow if you try it again.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is my YouTube cry for help. The one thing I didnt show is where I believe the fuse is located. It is covered in plastic...I HATE and I mean hate to pull apart a bunch of other areas to access that fuse...but it looks like that may be needed.

Dave,

So at this point does the dongle seem to be bad & what blew the fuse? Or is that the working opinion?

OR could the fuse just have gone. I certainly do not want to replace another fuse (to your earlier point) by testing the dongle on another machine and having the same thing happen.
    Calypso

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

On all my machines. The dongle fuse had been right next to where the dongle plugs in. No need to take anything apart to get to them. How about a nice bright picture of where the dongle plugs into and area around it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    So at this point does the dongle seem to be bad & what blew the fuse? Or is that the working opinion?
    It's just an opinion based on experience. The video isn't really clear on what you've tried so far, so...

Have you tried putting a dongle from another machine on the Batman, and did it make any difference? Can't really help with any further steps until we know what the results of the first test are, and definitely don't worry about fuses and things until you're certain that a known good dongle doesn't fix the problem.

The ball dump button on the side is to empty the top hopper, there will always be a few balls left in the payout system, but the 'out of balls' sensor is above this point. So if you've dumped the balls, then the 'out of balls' error indicator is going to light up on the display on the back. Chuck a few hundred balls into the hopper and the error should clear itself.

I don't think any of us 'tech guys' have a similar machine to this, so we're kind of flying blind. Some nice clear pictures of the back of the machine, near the dongle and where you think the fuse is should help us figure out how to get to it (if you need to!). The manufacturers don't usually put the fuse in places that are particularly difficult to get to.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs down Re: Batman Gotham City Error

Your point about the additional payout error makes sense.

Thus far I have tried the dongle from the Transformers game (working) I have in Batman. Turned it back on and nada...still red lights & knob wouldnt fire. I did find another fuse closer to the dongle (to Clam's point) so I think I was looking at the fuse for the fireing knob initially & this one closer to the dongle is the one I need to look at. I will upload a photo tomorrow. But it is annoyingly covered in a plastic shell that looks like it requires a long, weird-sized & skinny screwdriver to remove (as I have to pull of multiple panels. I think) to access it. I am not handy and want to avoid taking other items apart (and unplugging (as much as I can). I will get you some clearer photos soon.

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    It's just an opinion based on experience. The video isn't really clear on what you've tried so far, so...

Have you tried putting a dongle from another machine on the Batman, and did it make any difference? Can't really help with any further steps until we know what the results of the first test are, and definitely don't worry about fuses and things until you're certain that a known good dongle doesn't fix the problem.

The ball dump button on the side is to empty the top hopper, there will always be a few balls left in the payout system, but the 'out of balls' sensor is above this point. So if you've dumped the balls, then the 'out of balls' error indicator is going to light up on the display on the back. Chuck a few hundred balls into the hopper and the error should clear itself.

I don't think any of us 'tech guys' have a similar machine to this, so we're kind of flying blind. Some nice clear pictures of the back of the machine, near the dongle and where you think the fuse is should help us figure out how to get to it (if you need to!). The manufacturers don't usually put the fuse in places that are particularly difficult to get to.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you opened frame door? there a sensor in there, maybe that's what machine wants, just calling floor workers, it gotta be basic (to open turn key to right) machine will tip towards you, feet won't be able to support it, so be ready for it to fall over, once you open, than re-close, see if that helps
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

8. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some machines have a Tilt (like pinball) my Macross Frontier had it happen, it was a while ago, so I don't know what I did to fix, but it stopped paying out, and had lots of flashing lights, with a small error code on screen
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

10. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey all. Sorry it took a few days to come back to this. I am so uncomfortable trying to open up the back to access fuses that just dont "look" blow. But if it comes to that and having a working machine or not...well I'll cross the damn bridge if I have too...

I was asked to provide better photos...here are those.
    IMG_3799.JPGIMG_3798.JPGIMG_3800.JPG
    I can see two fuses on the back. As Clam pointed out, I was initially looking at the fuse on the firing knob side of the machine (which looks fine to me). There IS another fuse on the dongle side (shown in video) that also looks fine. But to access both is a PAIN. Lots of weird screws.

Thanks for tips Quester...I want to believe it is something simple too...so odd for something to fail on such a new machine... But I tried closing the doors multiple times (both of them) and had no success.

Here is a new video as well...not sure if this helps with any other ideas. I did try a dongle from a "working" game and error code remained, knob wouldnt fire.

Many thanks.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, that doesn't look too bad. On the YouTube video, you identify two fuses. The one by the power switch (on the left hand side of the machine - looking from the back) is the main fuse, and as the game is all lit up and everything else is working, we can be certain that there is no problems with that fuse!

The fuse we are concerned about is the one on the circuit board right next to the dongle. It appears that all you need to do is remove the two screws in the opposite corners of the plastic cover that is over the dongle connector and fuse and you should be able to replace the fuse. The problem is that the big circuit board with the error LED will be in the way to get to the lower screw.

You mention the covered screws on the big circuit board, and how difficult it would be to get to them. This is not a problem as these hold the two halves of the plastic case surrounding the board, and you won't need to open the case but will remove it in one piece instead.

If you look around the edge of this board there should be a clip or latch that you can move which will allow the entire plastic box surrounding the big board to unlatch from the frame and be moved out of the way to reveal the screws you need to get to for the dongle fuse.

Looking at the pictures and videos you've posted so far, it appears that there are black clips that need to be slid to unlatch the boards, and it looks like the big plastic box is mounted on rails that allow it to slide to the right (you'll need to unplug the dongle to allow the box to slide). After you slide the box to the side it should lift right off.

There should be just enough slack in the cables going to this board to allow this, but watch the cables when you move the board as some may pull tight and need to be unplugged. Each of the cables should be unique, so will be pretty obvious which connector to plug them back into once you are finished.

If you need to place an order for a new fuse, if you don't already have one you may also want to consider buying a small cheap multimeter, that can measure volts AC, volts DC and resistance. As if a new fuse doesn't fix the problem, the next steps will involve taking measurements.

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, that doesn't look too bad. On the YouTube video, you identify two fuses. The one by the power switch (on the left hand side of the machine - looking from the back) is the main fuse, and as the game is all lit up and everything else is working, we can be certain that there is no problems with that fuse!

The fuse we are concerned about is the one on the circuit board right next to the dongle. It appears that all you need to do is remove the two screws in the opposite corners of the plastic cover that is over the dongle connector and fuse and you should be able to replace the fuse. The problem is that the big circuit board with the error LED will be in the way to get to the lower screw.

You mention the covered screws on the big circuit board, and how difficult it would be to get to them. This is not a problem as these hold the two halves of the plastic case surrounding the board, and you won't need to open the case but will remove it in one piece instead.

If you look around the edge of this board there should be a clip or latch that you can move which will allow the entire plastic box surrounding the big board to unlatch from the frame and be moved out of the way to reveal the screws you need to get to for the dongle fuse.

Looking at the pictures and videos you've posted so far, it appears that there are black clips that need to be slid to unlatch the boards, and it looks like the big plastic box is mounted on rails that allow it to slide to the right (you'll need to unplug the dongle to allow the box to slide). After you slide the box to the side it should lift right off.

There should be just enough slack in the cables going to this board to allow this, but watch the cables when you move the board as some may pull tight and need to be unplugged. Each of the cables should be unique, so will be pretty obvious which connector to plug them back into once you are finished.

If you need to place an order for a new fuse, if you don't already have one you may also want to consider buying a small cheap multimeter, that can measure volts AC, volts DC and resistance. As if a new fuse doesn't fix the problem, the next steps will involve taking measurements.

Thanks again,
    Do I need to special order fuses or do they sell the correct levels in US? Also...Should I order a new dongle...or is it rare that that is the issue that cause the fuse to be blown?.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Standard 20mm x 5mm T1A fuse.
    Any good electronics shop should carry them. Or Amazon, eBay, etc
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

found the web page for batman, it doesn't really help, but here it is

http://pachi-batman.jp/index.html

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Standard 20mm x 5mm T1A fuse.
    Any good electronics shop should carry them. Or Amazon, eBay, etc
    Most stores I’ve talk to you about the fuse asked me for and amperage. Does anyone know what amperage this is supposed to be? No one seems to list the T1 80 but they have similar sized fuses. I’ve called the number of hardware stores and big box stores most people carry things used for air-conditioning units etc. Ace Hardware seems to carry a number of fuses that match that size but I’m not sure if I have the wattage right and I don’t want to mess things up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry PeteyBob (not pachipete)

How'dya get those long bald screws out?!?

Glad I didn't need too.
    Calypso

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Sorry PeteyBob (not pachipete)

How'dya get those long bald screws out?!?

Glad I didn't need too.
    That's alright, I'll answer to both names and then some

I'm glad you got it working and that you got a feel for working on it too.

As for the long screws I think (and I use the term loosely) that they are meant as a security feature for that case and circuit board. Looking at some of mine, they hold the removable case together and show signs of repair or tampering when altered.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see. So is it safe to say, that those pins are not meant to be 'replaced'? Just a tamper guard like Apples "moisture" intrusion system (paper) in iphones & macbooks to help void your warranty? Or do you think there is a way to seal them back up after repair...can't imagine a tool that would work with it, however.

And I second the "got a feel for working on it too" comment. Super important for a noob like me. IT DOES GET BETTER. After you begin to tinker your confidence goes up.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    That's alright, I'll answer to both names and then some

I'm glad you got it working and that you got a feel for working on it too.

As for the long screws I think (and I use the term loosely) that they are meant as a security feature for that case and circuit board. Looking at some of mine, they hold the removable case together and show signs of repair or tampering when altered.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for letting us know you got it working. I hadn't come across a machine that needs a reset to clear a dongle error before, so I guess I'm going to have to update my fault finding advice to include this in future.

The 'one way screws' on the board are a tamper visible security feature, they need to be drilled out, or part of the plastic cut away to open the box. (which is why a second unused screw is provided to seal it all up again). You can remove the entire sealed box from the machine without needing to do anything with the screws, but they prevent anyone getting at the circuit board inside without causing obvious damage.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all of your advice Dave! Big help here. Glad I didn't need to get to that fuse. All learnings for me. Glad this wasn't a complete waste of your time and you get something small out of it too. The normal dongle swap didnt work (even after powering-up & down).

The funny thing is, me unplugging everything is what caused the "ram crash" siren etc. If I hadn't done that, I would not have been forced to try the ram reset again (I had done it before as well but with the bad dongle still in place). So it was luck that I had the good dongle in place & hit the reset...coincidence was a great teacher for me, along with the forums help.

Thanks for letting us know you got it working. I hadn't come across a machine that needs a reset to clear a dongle error before, so I guess I'm going to have to update my fault finding advice to include this in future.

The 'one way screws' on the board are a tamper visible security feature, they need to be drilled out, or part of the plastic cut away to open the box. (which is why a second unused screw is provided to seal it all up again). You can remove the entire sealed box from the machine without needing to do anything with the screws, but they prevent anyone getting at the circuit board inside without causing obvious damage.
    Calypso

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2