Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batman Gotham City Error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Batman Gotham City Error

So the knob isn’t firing...& IMG_3766.JPGIMG_3767.JPGgetting this error screen (Japanese anyone?) the red lettering.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Hopefully this is something minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Calypso

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Batman Gotham City Error

Is your dongle in place??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't make out the kanji but it ends kudasai. So the machine is asking you to do something.
    Try dongle. Check 1A fuse for dongle. Make sure your holding your ring.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys. I have not touched the dongle but will look more closely at it today. Id it got bumped...maybe a connection is loose.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Keep in mind I have never played with the Dongle and it was working previously. So should i unclip it and try to replace it? When I put my hand on the knob, it doesnt fire when turned. When I power it on, it is normal for a second then the lights go red and the message appears.

I am unsure where the fuse is (or how to check it) but that is a fairly simple repair?

Clearly the issue is related to the firing knob. (well clearly to me )But I cannot tell if its due to the dondle going bad...or being jarred loose and the game inhibiting me from playing or a true hardware issue. Make sense?

Is the game powering on and the rest of the unit going through normal 'attract' mode with that message indicative of a game without a dongle? The only differences are the main surrounding lights are all red now, that message appeared & the knob wont fire.

If that is common for games without dongles...I may be in luck.

Thanks again Clam and Genius!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All modern machines must have a dongle unless there are rare cash versions. If it's a CR version as shown on the cel and circuit boards it will have a dongle or someone has opened up the circuit board casings and tampered with it. Seeing as you can make a dongle for less than $5 it doesn't make sense to damage circuit boards.

Some dongles are in plastic cases. Some just have the components stuck on with hot glue. Best take a picture of the back of the machine and post it. Remembering the 2mb limit
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought the dongle was something you added to the back to make it playable (or fool it to be playable). There is one items on the bad that looks like an old LPT1 port for a printer. I thought it was the dongle. But if removing and re-adding that wont help...I wont touch it.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the old fashioned printer port is where the dongle plugs into, normally there is a 1A fuse located near by as well.You should see what 3 components make a standard dongle on Daverobs page.

http://www.pinballdave.com/pachinko/...er.html#pinout

The dongle is a very basic circuit for changing 24vac to 18vdc to make the shooter work. if it missing or faulty or the fuse is blown then the shooter doesn't work.
    What people advise is replacing that basic circuit board for one of daverobs own dongles that then connect to the other functions like the front display and ball loan functions.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How would I type that error code into the PC?

I should have made it clear that only the RED lettering in those photos (not the above colorful lettering) is the error message. I would like to translate it as best I can. I am hoping the motor just isnt gone! I tried pulling and plugging the Dongle back in...nada. Also looked at the fuse (although I have no idea how to get to it) and then I realized that I have no idea what a blown fuse looks like...is it dirty inside? Or does it look the same as a good one? lol
    Last edited by Calypso; 10-15-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sometimes you can tell if a fuse is blown. In normal condition you should be able to see through the glass (if it's a see through one) you should see the fuse wire intact. If blown. Sometimes they have black deposits inside or bits of exploded fuse wire over the inside.
    But sometimes the wire looks intact but has blown. A basic multimeter is your friend.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I got some clarification on the messaging, apparently it says “please call an attendant”...not the eye-opening tell-all I was hoping for.

In looking at other responses; where is the sensor that may be blocked that can cause a knob not to fire? Anyone have photos of that?

I doubt that is the issue but going to check.

Second, do dongles work on different varieties of machines? IE can my Sankyo dongle work on a Macey?

Thanks all...fingers crossed that it isn’t a motor! 😟
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All dongles are interchangeable. The CR pins are an industry standard.
    If swap. Try the one put of batman in another machine first. To prove that dongle is good. Rather than putting a known good dongle in a machine with an unknown fault.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-16-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any idea where that sensor may be hiding?

Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what sensor?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    If swap. Try the one put of batman in another machine first. To prove that dongle is good. Rather than putting a known good dongle in a machine with an unknown fault.
    Actually in this case I'd try a known good dongle from another machine in the Batman first. If the dongle is bad, it could blow the fuse in another machine. Then we've got to talk Calypso through replacing the fuse in TWO machines.

There's really nothing in the machine that could cause damage to a simple 3 component on a connector dongle. They usually fail due to physical damage (ie wires broken on one of the components soldered to the connector), or they were made wrong (diode or capacitor the wrong way round, causing the capacitor to fail).

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never seen a dongle throw the call attendant error. If you remove the dongle and reset the machine.. is the error still there?
    I'd also start with the obvious first when troubleshooting. Make sure all doors are latched and closed properly, both the glass door for the playfield and the main door. ( I have an Eva 8 machine that doesn't always latch back properly..)
    Is there an LCD display on the rear with a number showing... Does the machine have balls in it currently, or are there balls stuck in the shooter assembly..

Normally these issues are pretty simple.. a reset once clearing the error condition usually fixes it.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    Actually in this case I'd try a known good dongle from another machine in the Batman first. If the dongle is bad, it could blow the fuse in another machine. Then we've got to talk Calypso through replacing the fuse in TWO machines.

There's really nothing in the machine that could cause damage to a simple 3 component on a connector dongle. They usually fail due to physical damage (ie wires broken on one of the components soldered to the connector), or they were made wrong (diode or capacitor the wrong way round, causing the capacitor to fail).
    Thanks for the input Dave! Doesn’t sound like it’s likely to be a bad dongle, but I will check. It is weird that it just quit. The fuse doesn’t look “blown”, but I am not sure how to access it. I will try a dongle from a working unit just to see. I was told on FB that there is a sensor for the firing knob that (when blocked or dirty) stops the knob from firing...not sure how true that is.

Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    I've never seen a dongle throw the call attendant error. If you remove the dongle and reset the machine.. is the error still there?
    I'd also start with the obvious first when troubleshooting. Make sure all doors are latched and closed properly, both the glass door for the playfield and the main door. ( I have an Eva 8 machine that doesn't always latch back properly..)
    Is there an LCD display on the rear with a number showing... Does the machine have balls in it currently, or are there balls stuck in the shooter assembly..

Normally these issues are pretty simple.. a reset once clearing the error condition usually fixes it.
    Yes, I pulled the dongle off...turned it back on and reinserted it...still got the same messages. Tried turning it on and off a few times. (W/both plug and switch in back). I did open the whole unit by accident recently (while meaning to open the play field). But it snapped back in place. I’ll trouble shoot a bit more tonight. Balls are in the top hopper, yes. Here is what appears in the “number” lcd display in the back (see photo). IMG_3773.JPG

Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Batman Gotham City Error

FML. OK so remember when I had 1 line on the error display in back?! Now I have two. So I must have messed something else up now! Geeeze lol. Anyway here is the current error read-out & the legend that should tell what is wrong with it. Gotta love that the photos uploaded sideways... Can someone translate? Looks like I have "a" & "e" now. Just had "a" before...
    IMG_3774.JPGIMG_3775.JPG
    Last edited by Calypso; 10-18-2018 at 12:46 AM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Error a: CR Communication Error (which was the original error message I have had)
    Error e: Ball cut off (I’m assuming in reference to a blockage & the new message)

Back at your disposal. No idea what the first item means...
    Calypso

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast