Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do I have here?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What do I have here?

Greetings,
    New member here. I am not sure if this belongs in Modern or Vintage. Sorry if it is in the wrong place. My friend gave me this very cool Kyoraku Pachinko machine. It has no back to the cabinet, no power supply and I have no idea what else it is missing. Any idea what it is?And how I go about getting it fired up again? Thanks in advance for any and all help! Geez, sorry folks I have tried to get the pictures rotated correctly. I have saved them in all directions and they still end up like this.

20180930_190130.jpg
    20180930_190149.jpg
    20180930_190142.jpg
    20180930_190048.jpg
    20180930_190033.jpg
    20180930_190026.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Crockett

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What do I have here?

Hello and welcome.

Nice machine. Late 70's Kyoraku. Looks to be complete less the lower ball track cover. May have a bypass in place (nail) in the ball loader in the door to allow play without power.
    The lower ball track can be made.
    Last edited by Tink; 10-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do you have the balls for it?? if so how many??

have you tried loading it and shooting a few??

can you post a few more pics..

first pic please pull the flipper lever down and re take this same picture..

second can you open the front glass then open the shooter tray below the front glass and take a pic of that area..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    Greetings,
    New member here. I am not sure if this belongs in Modern or Vintage. Sorry if it is in the wrong place. My friend gave me this very cool Kyoraku Pachinko machine. It has no back to the cabinet, no power supply and I have no idea what else it is missing. Any idea what it is?And how I go about getting it fired up again? Thanks in advance for any and all help! Geez, sorry folks I have tried to get the pictures rotated correctly. I have saved them in all directions and they still end up like this.

20180930_190048.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the input. He gave me probably 4 dozen balls that are 11mm or around 7/16 inch in diameter.
    I tried to use it without electric, but the ball just drops down. Here are several more shots.

20181001_101358.jpg
    20181001_101340.jpg
    20181001_101334.jpg
    20181001_101048.jpg

I see no name of the particular one, nor any info as to voltage to run it, etc.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Crockett

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the input. He gave me probably 4 dozen balls that are 11mm or around 7/16 inch in diameter.
    I tried to use it without electric, but the ball just drops down. Here are several more shots.

I see no name of the particular one, nor any info as to voltage to run it, etc.
    Welcome to Pachitalk. Cool machine. Do not hook it to a household circuit. It will run fine without power. If you want the lights to work you can just wire in a 9 volt battery or adapter. Your ball dump is probably open causing the balls to fall through. On the rear of the machine toward the upper right there is a U shaped bend as the balls turn from flowing toward the right of the machine to flowing to the left of the machine. There is probably a small slide or something in that area that you need to close. If you drop a ball in the upper hopper and watch it roll through the track you should be able to see where it goes into the dump chute. Investigate that area and you should be able to figure out what you need to do to close the path so balls continue to flow. You’ll need closer to 500-1000 balls to be able to properly play. 48 balls won’t do the trick.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Inked20180930_190026_LI.jpg

Follow this linkage. It should operate the ball dump feature through a small hole in the front. Presumably an employee of the pachinko parlor would insert a rod into the hole to dump all the balls in the supply tray.

I can't be sure, but it does look like the dump mechanism is open, meaning balls will just pour out the machine when added through the supply tray.

Crud. I didn't know the edited picture couldn't be enlarged. I hope you can see what I'm trying to indicate...
    Last edited by machgo; 10-01-2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: add'l info

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you post a picture of the back of the shooter with the shooter held at full pull..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the delay in responding to you kind folks. Life gets complicated!
    Here are 3 pictures that I hope is what you are asking for. Also, I understand I can hook up the lights with a battery, but is it possible to purchase an actual power supply so that the whole thing will work?
    Thanks again.
    20181008_192246.jpg
    20181008_192237.jpg
    20181008_192204.jpg

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Crockett

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, I understand I can hook up the lights with a battery, but is it possible to purchase an actual power supply so that the whole thing will work?
    Thanks again.
    yes get a wall wart.. im not sure what the solonoid bay the shooter is for.. i have seen them befor and never messed with them or provided power to one.. i would get more balls and do some testing

aaa wall wart.jpg

the above pic has the ball stop down it is on a pivot point and you can move it so the balls will continue to the jackpot mech.. if it keep movine and stoping the balls you can remove it or tape it so it wont stop the balls..

these two pics look great wanted to be sure the wire was there that loads the balls.. this wire seems to get broken often..

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the solenoid in the shooter is 24ac if I remember correctly.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    I think the solenoid in the shooter is 24ac if I remember correctly.
    but not used in home use.. correct?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    but not used in home use.. correct?
    Correct, not required and usually bypassed. Only thing is with it bypassed you can continue to play even without payout balls. Low ball does not shut down the shooter.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Correct, not required and usually bypassed. Only thing is with it bypassed you can continue to play even without payout balls. Low ball does not shut down the shooter.
    great info.. thank you.. ill have to do some testing next time i have one on the bench

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks folks. I know basically nothing about these things except they are very cool! So it is run different for home use? What is a good starting document to learn the basics? Also are there any wiring diagrams out there? I see that I have 2 barrel type connectors and a 4 wire plug. would like to make sure I don't start a fire! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your best info is here. Check a few stickies in this forum. The 2 barrel connectors would be for the 24ac. The 4 pin should be lights and parlour signal. You only need to power the lights.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks folks. I know basically nothing about these things except they are very cool! So it is run different for home use? What is a good starting document to learn the basics? Also are there any wiring diagrams out there? I see that I have 2 barrel type connectors and a 4 wire plug. would like to make sure I don't start a fire! :-)
    first thing i would recommend is getting the machine working.. power is not required for game play.. once its working then i would start with the lights..

does the machine work??

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this is my favourite. Late 70s with manual shooter, a cool center feature, and 6 variable tulips.
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What do I have here

Hi I’m looking at one of these this afternoon but looks like it will need some parts. What’s a good price to pay for one of these types ?
    I know it’s hard to judge with no pictures or anything but what are these worth and are parts available?
    I know nishijin stuff is out there just not sure on availability of this manufacturer.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

50 bucks...parts come available on secondary outlets like ebay, but you can't count on finding anything in particular. You may need to make parts. I wouldn't let that stop me unless substantial, difficult to recreate parts were absent. The back of the machine is where you need to concentrate your investigation.

Negotiate them down to 30, and inform them that rebuilding will be a substantial effort, and what they basically have is a parts machine....

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to machgo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks I got it and it’s complete for the most part just missing the jackpot cover and seesaw cover and needs a good cleaning.
    Also got a parts new ichigin with it. Sadly that has been stripped of its back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast