Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buyee JP questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, it just shipped out this morning Friday and will be at my house by Monday morning by 10:30 😃 I’ll update once they arrive, hopefully they packed them well! 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the box was beat to hell, but they survived! Having a bit of a “beeping” issue with Raizinman, I’ll make a separate thread for that later. All and all I definitely recommend From Japan! 👍

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Buyee JP questions

I just got my first package through FromJapan Friday. Everything was packed really good however there was a heavy item in with the other stuff I got, and they packed one thing loose in between the heavy thing and a bunch of small stuff they bubblewrapped. The thing in the middle got squished some. Can't 100% say that the packaging on it wasn't messed up beforehand. It didn't make me too upset though. Everything else was really good. I just used FedEx economy and wound up getting it in a week. Shipping cost was around $70, which seems high, but it was literally 25-30 items of varying size and the box was pretty heavy.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SixGunSamurai91

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just ordered 5 machines last night from FromJapan. When I used the dimensions of 84x56x30cm and 35Kg, it was around 250. Hopefully that's in the ballpark. Waiting for them to get the order and send me the actual shipping cost. Hopefully it's not 500.00 each.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please let us know.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Tokio Premium cell arrived at the warehouse; was quoted at 12,000 yen Fed ex economy, 14,000 Fed ex priority; plus 2,500 for domestic shipping and buyer protection fee. I’m going to try Fed ex economy I think this time, works out to just under $130 total shipping cost for future reference.

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

278D5074-7AEF-4D7B-9E97-41A1E332AFB0.png
    This is what I was quoted for a Pachislo machine. DHL is the obvious choice, I was thinking around 400. That comes out to around 450. I wonder why the huge jumps between the three. Not to mention, it took almost a month just to get to them from when I bought it.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If it's on one of the further islands like Okinawa. Internal shipping takes longer and is more expensive.

As for me.
    Mio arrived complete with her Union Jack teddy bear.

-2043259608_20181023_172202_2317119_resized.jpg
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SixGunSamurai91 View Post
    I just got my first package through FromJapan Friday. Everything was packed really good however there was a heavy item in with the other stuff I got, and they packed one thing loose in between the heavy thing and a bunch of small stuff they bubblewrapped. The thing in the middle got squished some. Can't 100% say that the packaging on it wasn't messed up beforehand. It didn't make me too upset though. Everything else was really good. I just used FedEx economy and wound up getting it in a week. Shipping cost was around $70, which seems high, but it was literally 25-30 items of varying size and the box was pretty heavy.
    I think the $70 is about right for getting something in a week from half way around the globe. This also depends on shipping size and weight. Considering how many hands are involved in getting the job done correctly and at many sites of transfer. The slow boat option, if even offered, might have been 40-60% less (with a 2-3 month delivery time) and the fastest option might have been half the price of a coach ticket if not more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Buyee JP questions

Yikes, my bikini girl machine is going to cost $486 for Fed ex economy delivery. 😳 Seems in-line with what others say though; I chose the option to let FromJapan pack it and minimize shipping cost, looks like they are sending the frame and cell in separate packages. Shipping just a cell is the way to go if at all possible, I can have 3 cells shipped for less than the cost of 1 full machine, not to mention the space saving aspect and no need to buy additional balls/dongles/transformer/cabinet/etc that add up quick!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wouldn't have thought the staff at FJ would know how to or want to assume responibilty for taking a cell out of the frame. It might be, thats the way the original seller sent it to them.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-26-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I wouldn't have thought the staff at FJ would know how to or want to assume responibilty for taking a cell out of the frame. It might be, thats the way the original seller sent it to them.
    They shipped my Gantz machine in 2 boxes. Once with the front door and a second with the rest of the machine. Again, not sure if they did it or how it was received, but my guess based on packaging and bubble wrapping is that they did it. I was palying the new Garo a couple weeks ago in Japan and have no idea how they would ship it. It is huge.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And... 4 full machines is now estimated to cost me 146,520 Yen to ship via FedEx Economy. As you can see, the shipping price is varies quite a bit..

CR RAIZINMAN 2000xa = 34,290
    CR Lady Gaga = 37,530
    CRA 2013 Lupin the 3rd = 26,910
    CR Ashio and Tora 3200 = 47,790

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingwiz View Post
    And... 4 full machines is now estimated to cost me 146,520 Yen to ship via FedEx Economy. As you can see, the shipping price is varies quite a bit..

CR Lady Gaga = 37,530
    Interesting.... I noticed my Raizinman cell is significantly lighter than a standard digi cell (Battle of Vader) those lcd screens and animatronics add several pounds, there’s a ton of unused dead space inside the Raizinman cell. Seems the newer the machine the heavier too; with some exceptions.

On a side note, my Tropical raised feathers bikini girl machine and Tokio Premium cell are en route to arrive Thursday! 😀

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

CR Lady Gaga = 37,530
    Your local Fed-Ex driver is going to love you

Depending on your delivery location and situation you might want to pick these up yourself at the delivering hub. This is what I have done with various carriers being that I live in an apartment complex and normally work during their delivery hours. This also reduces the handling (or mishandling) on the various loaders and drivers, thus reducing possible damage. Simply track the package and when it gets stateside you can reroute or hold deliveries to be picked up via the shippers website. I have also met drivers at home and tipped them for helping me carry it up to the second floor.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 10-30-2018 at 10:43 AM.

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, what I posted earlier was their estimated shipping price. Actual price was much worse. With the exception of the next order I made, never buying again this way. Full cargo container only (in the works).

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, what I posted earlier was their estimated shipping price. Actual price was much worse. With the exception of the next order I made, never buying again this way. Full cargo container only (in the works).

😳 Woah! Over $700 per machine?! Guess I lucked out getting one under $500. I agree though, best way to get a machine is source the full machine from a domestic importer (Clover or perhaps yourself!&#128077 where shipping costs can be minimized via a shipping container. Then source additional cells via FromJapan since it’s a fraction of the shipping cost, far greater selection, and generally a bit less expensive than getting a cell a domestic dealer might happen to have in stock in my experience.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had great luck w/ the domestic importers here. I just need too many to the point where it would be economically unfeasible to do anything but import in bulk myself. I was fine ordering a few more while I work out logistics, but geez- that shipping estimate wasn't even close to correct..

My feedback for both FromJapan and others

- Ordering from large shops on via Rakuten should be able to give a better estimate on the dimensions of the shipped item and weight to help w/ pre-order.
    - I believe what happened is they arrived as 1 unit and they split the cells given the packages doubled. I didn't ask them to do that. There was no option or expectation set that they would. However, in addition to Fedex econ, pri and DHL there was a 4th option called "attempt to ship cheapest", but there is no price and no detail to what that means so I didn't select it. I'm guessing that may have resulted in just shipping as-is and take my chances. Honestly, I'd be with just bubble wrap the original box and throw it in another box. I know FedEx cares more about dimensions than weight- perhaps that is viable.

I could have ordered directly from the shop for 760 shipping, which seemed insane to me but the machines would be here by now and same price. I would've guessed that FromJapan does such high volume of international shipping that their shipping rates would best a shop direct. Guess not.
    Last edited by Vikingwiz; 10-31-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is that they had to break into 2 shipments so that the packages were light enough to ship via FedEx. They have a weight restriction in addition to size restrictions. Still, very expensive. I haven't imported a modern in 6 months (split into 2 shipments), but it was nowhere near $700 shipping.

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is correct. However, I don't think it's a weight restriction. FedEx International Economy Shipping gets interesting above 65kg, which I shouldn't be hitting. At least that's what the website says..

Parcel1 Weight:26.32 kg Dimensions:92×63×47 cm
    Parcel2 Weight:29.12 kg Dimensions:92×64×38 cm
    Parcel3 Weight:31.22 kg Dimensions:92×64×38 cm
    Parcel4 Weight:26.82 kg Dimensions:92×64×38 cm
    Parcel5 Weight:18.32 kg Dimensions:81×59×35 cm
    Parcel6 Weight:16.97 kg Dimensions:81×59×34 cm
    Parcel7 Weight:20.17 kg Dimensions:80×60×41 cm
    Parcel8 Weight:19.77 kg Dimensions:80×60×35 cm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast