Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buyee JP questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Buyee JP questions

Hello everyone, I’ve never imported anything from Japan on yahoo auctions; but the dire situation with the grinding to a halt of mass importation of pachinkos from domestic vendors in 2018 has me considering this option! I know shipping will be exorbitant; and no guarantee/warranty of actually receiving it 😬 but my question is for members that have successfully purchased machines this way. How accurate (or inaccurate) are the buyee JP estimator tool? For example, the Tokio Deluxe I fancy cost 16,800 yen ($150) estimated cost is about 50,000-30,000 yen; however shipping from the seller to the Buyee JP “middleman” isn’t included.... is shipping a machine within Japan usually cheaper than international shipping? (I would assume so?) Last question; is EMS shipping any “safer” for the machine (faster, less handling I would assume?)

Here’s what I was quoted.... is this totally out of line or should I expect to pay significantly more? 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Buyee JP questions

Firstly. I would say 99% of all pachis (slot and ball) made after 2010 will be over 30KG in weight. As 30KG is the max for the postal service. They have to be shipped via courier like FedEx or UPS.

Internal shipping varies depending on size and weight and if it's coming from one of the other islands. But.between 2000-4000 yen is about right.

Never used Buyee. Always FromJapan for complete machines and SMJ for smaller things.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

+1 for Clam's comments. Some of new machines are actually so large they need to be broken into 2 shipments. My Gantz machine had the door removed and shipped separate from the rest of the machine. I usually figure about $400-500 total for shipping plus cost of the machine.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    +1 for Clam's comments. Some of new machines are actually so large they need to be broken into 2 shipments. My Gantz machine had the door removed and shipped separate from the rest of the machine. I usually figure about $400-500 total for shipping plus cost of the machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Firstly. I would say 99% of all pachis (slot and ball) made after 2010 will be over 30KG in weight. As 30KG is the max for the postal service. They have to be shipped via courier like FedEx or UPS.

Internal shipping varies depending on size and weight and if it's coming from one of the other islands. But.between 2000-4000 yen is about right.

Never used Buyee. Always FromJapan for complete machines and SMJ for smaller things.

I've only used From Japan for machines so far and their service is very good.

Watch for seller's shipping prices within Japan to Buyee (and others) as some sell goods dirt cheap but charge huge shipping fees. I always look for these fees in print as it is good to know ahead of time.

My best shipper has been DHL. They cost more but packages are handled very few times between Japan and my place in less than a week.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post

I've only used From Japan for machines so far and their service is very good.

Watch for seller's shipping prices within Japan to Buyee (and others) as some sell goods dirt cheap but charge huge shipping fees. I always look for these fees in print as it is good to know ahead of time.

My best shipper has been DHL. They cost more but packages are handled very few times between Japan and my place in less than a week.
    I need a quick rundown on how to use them, as they have a machine listed that I really want.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/speci...tion_lp_search

Do you have to set up the shipping yourself or can you do it through the site?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SixGunSamurai91 View Post
    I need a quick rundown on how to use them, as they have a machine listed that I really want.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/speci...tion_lp_search

Do you have to set up the shipping yourself or can you do it through the site?
    Not quite the correct choice of words. They don't have it. But they will buy it from the Rakuten store on your behalf.

they contact the seller/store. Ask for you to pay for the machine up front. then buy it for you.
    Upon delivery to their warehouse, you have upto 30 days to add any additional items. Then when ready in those 30 days, asked for it to be shipped to you. They again ask for the money up front. Then when they get it, they ship it to you.

Sounds simple, But people forget, you are shipping a large heavy box half way around the world, so the shipping costs are high.

Take a look at the FJ thread for some older examples of shipping costs.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...with-FromJapan

Oh I won a machine on YJA today for 500 yen. My cheapest machine yet. Less than a pint of beer. Until I have to ship it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most deputy service companies can buy from any seller but may have restrictions based on high dollar amounts or other restrictions in place. I've only seen a couple times when a seller wasn't permitted to utilize From Japan due to the sellers rating being so poor. If you are asking about From Japan then here is their new user tutorial.

http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/sp/conten...side2_first_en

The shipping information would come from how you setup payments. I believe you can use an alternate ship to address when using a credit card. I use the PayPal option which you can only use what is on file at PayPal. Debit cards are a whole different animal that presented a challenge to From Japan. I don't know if they currently accept them or not.

Most will charge a fee or two for their service in acquiring goods for you. So figure on the cost of the goods + shipping to From Japan's warehouse (or other site) + fees and then add the international shipping to you via shipper of choice.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also remember that Japan is 13 hours ahead in time to the current eastern US time zone. So if you make any inquiries during the day then there will be a delay. Japan also has many more days than us thru the year when businesses are closed. Just a few thoughts for members who are new to importing items.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm feeling we are being a bit unfair to Buyee as they don't have a voice in this discussion. As I have never used their service, it would be unfair for me to comment if their service is excellent or poor. If someone has used them for a complete machine. Please chip in.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Buyee JP questions

I decided to take baby steps for now and just order a cell instead of a full machine to see how it goes... slightly less risky I figure. I just bid 8000 yen ($72) via From Japan for a Joy Brain Thunder Dragon hanemono cell that fits my Evol frame (Battle of Vader and Ranma 1/2 are my current cells), hopefully the process goes smoothly! I paid an extra 700 yen for “buyer protection” for added peace of mind. 🤞

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm... there’s also a pretty cool Raizinman cell for sale for 10000 yen. It’s a pretty new one too; released April this year. I wonder if shipping 2 cells in one shipment/box is going to cost an arm and a leg vs. just the one cell? 🤔 Lol... it has begun! 😂 Has anyone shipped 2+ cells at once and care to share shipping costs? 🙂

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My cell just arrived at the Fromjapan shipping center!🙂 Turns out international shipping for just a cell is in the 12000-15000 yen range, 2500 for domestic shipping within Japan; so all combined shipping will cost ~$135-150 🙂 Plus cost of the cell of course. I just bid on a Raizinman cell as well, we’ll see if it’s any more economical to ship 2 cells at once! Regardless, it’s far cheaper than shipping an entire machine. My shipping options are DHL, Fed ex priority, and EMS; any ideas on which is the “best”?🤔

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My 2nd cell (Raizinman) has arrived at the from Japan warehouse as well! Total shipping for fed ex priority for both cells combined is 24,000 yen ($106 per cell) so there IS a nice discount for shipping 2 at once! The site is asking if I should declare the shipment as a “gift” for customs purposes?? Any idea what that is about or if I should say it’s a gift (for myself)? 😂

23. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It more for import duty reasons. As the US import duty is a lot higher than the UK. You don't normally need to declare item as gift. After all Mrs Clam loves all the Bunnygirl figures I brought her as gifts
    Ian #UKPachinko

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    My 2nd cell (Raizinman) has arrived at the from Japan warehouse as well! Total shipping for fed ex priority for both cells combined is 24,000 yen ($106 per cell) so there IS a nice discount for shipping 2 at once! The site is asking if I should declare the shipment as a “gift” for customs purposes?? Any idea what that is about or if I should say it’s a gift (for myself)? 

What was the weight?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seeing as I'm waiting for them to ship a life sized cut out of Mio Akiyama. I dread to think what the size of box is.
    Ian #UKPachinko

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SixGunSamurai91 View Post
    What was the weight?
    Total weight was 19.35 kg (~42 lbs) which sounds about right as I believe my Battle of Vader cell weighs just under 20 lbs.

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This all reminds me, has anyone heard from Petey?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Seeing as I'm waiting for them to ship a life sized cut out of Mio Akiyama. I dread to think what the size of box is.
    So who's the K-On fan? You or your wife lol?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Total weight was 19.35 kg (~42 lbs) which sounds about right as I believe my Battle of Vader cell weighs just under 20 lbs.

Correction: Battle of Vader weighs 23+ lbs, it was my Ranma 1/2 hanemono that weighs 19lbs! 😂 So there’s significant weight and therefore monetary value in going with hanemono/“other”(raisinman) style gameplay cells vs digipachi... 😀

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast