Thread: Aero Guys Pachislo - No tokens - how can I test that it works?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Aero Guys Pachislo - No tokens - how can I test that it works?

I'm a pinball person and got an Aero Guys Pachislo in a trade. I've cleared the error by resetting it. There are no tokens inside. It appears to boot and goes into attract mode.
    Is it possible to trick it into letting me play and test that it works without tokens?

I found a few tokens - they all fell into the front tray (rejected).
    I got the coin mech to work by taping the spring loaded arm down - so now the tokens go into the hopper (which I don't understand how that feeds tokens - but that's for later).

Sorry for such a noob question - if it's been asked/answered - pls point me to the topic/thread.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Aero Guys Pachislo - No tokens - how can I test that it works?

pictures would be a great help.. that way we can see if its missing parts or what not

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Their's a little white button on power supply. Push it and see if there is a click on coin mechanism. Make sure there is not a coin stuck in there. If you got a few coins just keep feeding them though the coin slot to rack up a few credits. Try some quarters. maybe it's been made to except them.
    Last edited by tincan39; 09-10-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tincan39 View Post
    Their's a little white button on power supply. Push it and see if there is a click on coin mechanism. Make sure there is not a coin stuck in there. If you got a few coins just keep feeding them though the coin slot to rack up a few credits. Try some quarters. maybe it's been made to except them.
    A couple of things - pushing that white button doesn't do anything (as far as I can tell)
    I did flip the top-left power switch on - that makes the hopper come on and it spit tokens out (with the door open)
    Here's a pic of the coin mech (with tape holding the white lever down) and the power supply.
    Thanks for hints on what to do !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thought I replied - didn't seem to work.
    I tried pushing the white button with the power on - it doesn't seem to do anything. I was thinking that was the button I pushed to clear an error that was showing when I got it.
    There are no coins stuck in the coin mech. Without the tape holding down the white lever/arm, the tokens fall out the bottom because the arm doesn't push down. I taped it down, now tokens go into the hopper.
    I tried turning the upper-left power switch on - that causes the hopper to spin and it spits tokens out .

Thanks for any additional info/clues to get it working.
    JeffIMG_2533-1.jpegIMG_2529.jpegIMG_2532.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when you got it taped down, does it rack up credits when you run coins in it? Trace the wire going to coin mech and see if it's hooked up. If it's all hooked up, maybe unhook and then re-hook. Go thought reset and push white button again. Turn key that's in door lock to the left to reset, plus resetting inside. You can buy that coin mech cheap on ebay. If you do all that I think coin mech is bad. Use a ohm's meter to check magnet that's in the coin mech.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The toggle switch above the fuses should be a key switch I think which needs to be on to change the odds setting. Have you tried turning the machine on with this in the other (off) position?

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when you got it taped down, does it rack up credits when you run coins in it? Trace the wire going to coin mech and see if it's hooked up. If it's all hooked up, maybe unhook and then re-hook. Go thought reset and push white button again. Turn key that's in door lock to the left to reset, plus resetting inside. You can buy that coin mech cheap on ebay. If you do all that I think coin mech is bad. Use a ohm's meter to check magnet that's in the coin mech.
    Thanks for the suggestions
    I should point out more background.
    I didn't have a key, so I removed the top vent and reached in to open the door.
    I'm doing all this with the door open.
    Does it need to be closed to test/work? I didn't see a switch that told the machine the door was closed.
    I reset an error that came up when i got it - found the solution on YouTube. As I recall it was a sequence of turn machine on, flip a switch down, push the white button. Power off / flip switch / power on. Maybe that's the issue - is there a link to "resetting it" ?

I don't get any credits when coins go through the mech. The red LEDs above the coin mech connections are off at first. When I drop a coin, they both turn on for a split-second, then the left LED stays on. But no credits.
    I tried dropping coins with the switch on the power supply that is below the on/off switch in the up and down position. I don't see any change.

Pushing the white button on the power supply doesn't make any difference or make any of the LEDs flash.

re: all the green LEDs. Each turns red when I push the corresponding button or move the lever down.

I thought the credit display could be bad - I put several coins through the mech, then pushed Max Bet and pushed the lever down. Nothing happens. I tried the same with the door open and closed. Same result.

Thanks for the ideas / support

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2000 View Post
    The toggle switch above the fuses should be a key switch I think which needs to be on to change the odds setting. Have you tried turning the machine on with this in the other (off) position?
    I tried dropping coins with the switch up and then powering off and moving it down. I don't see any difference - doesn't mean it's not changing something, I just don't see what.

Side note: Sometimes when I turn it on, there's a one in the far right green display. I push the lever down and it turns to zero.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

re: turning the key to the left to reset. I don't have a key - so is that the whole issue?
    re: testing the mech. I can take the coin mech out and test the connections after work.
    re: a new coin mech. I'm happy to try that. This one seems odd in that I don't see what is supposed to push that white lever down when the door is shut. That's my assumption about why it's spring loaded to stay open.
    If I go shopping for a mech, how picky to I have to be about which will work in this machine?

Thanks for the help - this is the first pachislo I've ever seen. I'm bringing my pinball background to this project, which may or may not help - they're obviously different animals

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a pin that has that magnet in coin mech so coin will just pass though if things aren't just right. Sounds like you got the reset down pat. You don't have to reset with the door key if you reset inside. Just check that coin mech good. Compare it with pictures of ones for sale. I think there is numbers on it. Many machines use same coin mech. Maybe someone screwed that mech up by trying to convert it the quarters and not knowing how. I think that one that shows up is telling you the payout odds. When you see that push the joy stick down and then turn switch or key on power supply back off
    Last edited by tincan39; 09-11-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxdad View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions

I reset an error that came up when i got it - found the solution on YouTube. As I recall it was a sequence of turn machine on, flip a switch down, push the white button. Power off / flip switch / power on. Maybe that's the issue - is there a link to "resetting it" ?
    Here are the steps to the Full / aka Hard Reset

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info. regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is two black wires that come off that coin mech. Check for 34 +/- 3 volts DC If you got that, the magnet should pull the plastic part in so coin goes in hopper. Take that coin mech out and look at back of it, you'll see how it works.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to tincan39

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Here are the steps to the Full / aka Hard Reset

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info. regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on
    Thanks for the step-by-step instructions.
    As I started to do this, I took a much closer look at the power supply.
    There are two small switches near the bottom right. I hadn't noticed those before. They have an up and a down setting.
    So I need to backup a step - Can somebody help me identify all the buttons / switches on my power supply (see pic)?
    Again - thanks for the help.
    Jeff
    IMG_2552 copy.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

At a guess B is the main power switch.

D is the programming key switch replaced by a rocker switch.

E and F are the switches Hanabi mentioned.
    C is the reset button.
    A is unknown.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is two black wires that come off that coin mech. Check for 34 +/- 3 volts DC If you got that, the magnet should pull the plastic part in so coin goes in hopper. Take that coin mech out and look at back of it, you'll see how it works.
    I disconnected the coin mech and the two wires and tested voltage by touching the contacts visible through the top of the white connector. I got 6.3 volts. Tried several times and swapped the leads.
    Then decided to try the two switches on the bottom right - one at a time. No change moving either switch down, so I put them back.
    With the machine on, I reconnected the two black wires and the white lever on the coin mech slammed shut - it's working!
    I put coins in and it beeps and I can bet and play !!
    Thanks to everybody that helped and was so patient with my noob questions

One last question - how in the world do you see what's flying by and stop it to get a match!!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to madmaxdad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the quick reply
    Switch 'A' turns on the hopper - it runs and spits out tokens and just keeps running until you flip the switch.
    Not sure why that's useful - but that's what it does.

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to madmaxdad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you may of had your voltmeter on A/C Electric magnets use D/C to work. My machine voltage at that point is about 34 volts. Now I did have to poke my voltage probes around on that connection to get that 34 volt. There is a thread right now about { eye shooting] the reels. I think the machine might make you think your doing it. but I don't think you can

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you may of had your voltmeter on A/C Electric magnets use D/C to work. My machine voltage at that point is about 34 volts. Now I did have to poke my voltage probes around on that connection to get that 34 volt. There is a thread right now about { eye shooting] the reels. I think the machine might make you think your doing it. but I don't think you can
    Oh, Duh - thanks for the ACDC help.
    I'm out of town, but will check again when I get home
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Couple more questions on things to learn about my machine.
    Can I adjust the volume ?
    The previous owner broke the key off in the lock - is there a source for locks on eBay or somewhere like that?
    Oh yeah, I guess a third thing. When setting the difficulty/skill level ... is 1 hard or easy?
    Thanks !