Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All 15 masamura

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: All 15 masamura

It’s hard to get info on a particular machine-that’s something that myself and many others have experienced over the years. Plenty of books on pachinko and that industry in general, however. I looked through a book that I have and didn’t see your exact machine but many of that era. The term “Masamura” refers to the nail pattern on the machine which became a standard. Prior to that, nails were placed on the playfield in any number of arrangements.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted. At least you got it for a fantastic price. I at first thought that you may have paid way too much...and was angry that we dont think it is worth that high ammount.
    That being said...I find it a very interesting machine, as the jackpot is extremely unusual. Most machines use a trap door jackpot. I have only seen one other machine with the "dual sprocket" type jackpot. I was bidding on it, and did not win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9DebJUE8Tw It was won by another member here, and he made a couple youtube videos. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ighlight=Union I don't know if he ever got it to work properly, as it seems to be missing some parts. Being such an unusual machine is not always a good thing...being you have no working examples to help fix it by...and parts machines seem nonexistant, making you have to fabricate what you do not even know what the part looks like! http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ighlight=Union The link to the 1st thread is amusing, the 2nd one is kind of dry, because it is mostly technical guesses to how to fix it.
    Unfortunately, yours seems to be missing a couple of parts on the back, and may payout...but the seesaw will need to be manually reset after each jackpot. Below the U Turn from the reward hopper, is a bracket with a hole for a pivot pin that something was hinged onto. Above the seesaw is a bracket that a wire rod passed through. the wire rod would reset the seesaw after paying out the jachpot. Usually activated by balls refilling the jackpot falling onto a tray hinged on the bracket below the U Turn. I had a very similar problem with a machine that I had never seen one like it before. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...Matsuya+Sangyo It is missing parts, and I to this day have no idea what those parts look like, or even how they reset the jackpot. I did discover a way to make the jackpot automatically...but it is far from correct! It now plays correctly, but is not mechanically or historically correct!
    Have you tested it yet? I see another pachinko machine next to it in your pics, so I assume you have some pachinko balls. I'm curious to if it pays out, but don't reset the seesaw...or if a tray is missing, will balls dump out on the floor? I'm not asking to agitate you, or degrade your machine...just very curious about this very unusual mechanism!
    I still think it is worth more than a '70s machine...most asking prices you see are way overpriced! I believe most '70s machines on eBay are only worth about $50...or a bit more if interesting and in VERY GOOD condition. The prices that you see on sites like Pachinko Planet or Pachinko Boy (both members here) Look high, but what you are paying for is the MANY HOURS of work, that is mostly a lobor of love! I think most eBay sellers see these prices and believe their dirty, broken machine MUST be worth that as well!
    If you don't mind, I would like some closer pics of the various assemblies of the back...especially the areas I mentioned, so I can try to see how yours should work.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Antiolli View Post
    I don’t get how mine is even a duplication of your Ginza or Comicgo machine. My machine has more age to it. I’d be bold to say it was a machine older than them prior to them trying to pretty them up with trimming and colorful stickers.
    I clearly worded my post wrong. I wasnt implying that my Comicgo or Ginza were duplicates of your machine. Just that when I am looking at pachinkos, I am only interested in machines that are not duplicates of types (mechanically) I already have. I should have started a new paragraph to make that less confusing. However they are just as old. Simply much more common than yours. I would surely rate yours as more valuable than either of those two (Ginza not pictured as it is even more common than Comicgo, but mechanically almost identical). I am a huge fan of very old and very unusual machines! I got this one for $40 http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...rtain%2C+devil

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Kyogoku is a city in Hokkaido in Northern Japan. The machine was probably made there by one of many pachinko makers in Japan during the 1950's. It is a nice looking machine probably worth a couple hundred dollars depending on where you are located. I have a few books I imported from Japan that have photos of 1950's machines. I'll try to take a look this weekend. I have a couple 1940's pre-Masamura machines that I wouldn't value anywhere near $1000. I do have a half gauge machine that I wouldn't let go for less than that, but have no idea how much someone would actually pay for it. I do agree that 1950's machines are a lot less common than 1970's machines, but there are still quite a few of them out there. One just sold for $30 on Goodwill last week. Of course, shipping would cost you another $100+ if you weren't able to pick up locally. Enjoy your machine. It's a beauty.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2