Thread: Nagoya Maruhon Info

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nagoya Maruhon Info

I purchased this machine from Goodwill. I am new to Pachinko but my wife played when she was a kid. I know nothing about this machine and cant find any info on it. I know it needs restoration but dont know if it is worth restoring. I would appreciate any info you could provide on this machine. I cant find any dates but have pictures of the stickers. There is some japanese writing on the back as well.

thanksthumbnail_20180901_143309.jpgthumbnail_20180901_143303.jpgthumbnail_20180901_143312.jpgthumbnail_20180901_143316.jpgthumbnail_20180901_143225.jpg

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to jimmypatch

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nagoya Maruhon Info

Looks like a nice buy. Seen a lot worse. Can't say if its complete as more a modern guy. But others can help
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a single shot machine. I don't have any of those, and don't know anything about them, but I do know they have a strong following. It looks to be very clean in the front!

What an interesting machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not familiar with the machine, but it looks like everything that should be linked together, is. So a bit a cleaning at most, just have to figure out which lever needs to go which way to get it playing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine. I wouldn't say it needs restoring, just a good cleaning of the mechanics...they are always dirty, often filthy. The front looks really good.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like a nice single shot machine.. i dont see any reason to restore it either.. give it a good cleaning and detailing.. it looks like the lights need allot of help but over all a damn nice machine.. and of course..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have pachinko balls for it? I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work. I could explain how it functions, but it wouldn't make any sense to you if you couldn't duplicate it with balls. I see it has a lever on front to redeem jackpots from what I call a "jackpot rteserve chamber"...only because I don't know what it is really called. The clear window above where the balls are launched from...is a storage place for storing multiple wins. In other words...if you hit 2 or more jackpots at once (not likely), the machine pays one, and stores the other one (or two) to be cashed in when you choose. When the jackpot seesaw is in the down position, any jackpot ball that tries to enter the seesaw before it resets will be directed to the "jackpot reserve chamber", and you will see your winning ball from the front, in the clear window. Once the jackpot balls are dispensed, you can twist the "L" shaped lever on front, an elevator on the rear will lift the JP ball from the chamber to the seesaw, and pays out the jackpot you previously earned.
    See...I told you it wouldn't make any sense.