Thread: Worthy of restore?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Worthy of restore?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for suggestions, guidance, advice.

I have 2 old pachinko machines that I have been told are a 1975 Nishijin model 4200 AKA model-B Pachinko machine known as "Dolphin's" and a 1972 Nishijin model 1200 AKA model-A pachinko machine Known as "ABC Lanes". https://photos.app.goo.gl/gzr3eBieBVYobdAd9

These machines used to be functional and I played them both as a much younger person, we had them set-up in my parents house for about a year or so in the early 1980s. After that, for reasons I don't recall, the machines ended up in my parents basement. Once I moved out I asked for the machines a couple of times, I was finally able to get them about 6 months ago and would now like to get them set-up to use and display in my home for my kids to enjoy (and me as well).

I have requested quotes from a few restoration places but shipping these machines, plus the cost of the restoration, is a little steep so I am trying to decide whether it makes more sense to do it myself or try and find machines all ready restored.

I do not have a dedicated workspace in my garage nor do I have that many tools beyond the bare basic necessities for occasional home repair. Think screwdrivers, a power drill, and a hammer. What sort of expertise or skill is required to repair these machines? Are the parts easy to locate should I discover that parts need to be replaced?

I remember that these use to light and and were powered by a big rectangular or square battery (not car battery big but like much bigger than a c or d battery).

If this post is misplaced or inappropriate for these forums I apologize.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to bluecat