Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: strategy and skill stopping

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: strategy and skill stopping

You still need to be approximate with your timings to get your bonus, rather than hitting at random. But during normal play. I don't believe it works.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    You still need to be approximate with your timings to get your bonus, rather than hitting at random. But during normal play. I don't believe it works.
    i can eye shoot the first reel during normal play. here is a video i filmed to prove this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnR3IxoqTDE
    Last edited by JesseLee; 08-19-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JesseLee View Post
    i can eye shoot the first reel during normal play.
    I have also played ones that would let you hit 2 reels but never the 3rd. No matter what order.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have also played ones that would let you hit 2 reels but never the 3rd. No matter what order.
    yes, i have experienced the same and if i do get the right reel, the 7 will always be one position above where i need it to be no matter what.

i found that there is a strategy connected to this in some way. there are strategy guides for black lagoon 2 that explain what to aim for during normal play and also explains percentages. the basic strategy for black lagoon 2 is to aim for the cherry on the left reel and stop the red 7 at the bottom. this is so far what i could decipher out of the japanese text and the japanese players that i have watched are also using this exact same method and this reinforces my believes in these guides that i have found not only on the internet but also in the pachi guide books themselves but i havent been able to decipher the entire strat system. i will post these guides here and maybe someone here can help with these because they are driving me crazy.
    Last edited by JesseLee; 08-20-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i also wanted to note that i have witnessed on 2 accounts of my mother's friend hitting a regular bonus during normal play. at first i thought that the only way to acquire a regular bonus is through a bonus chance but seeing her get one instantly without warning leads me to believe that there is a percentage system in place thats tied into stopping the reels in "useless" attempts to aim for the 7's. she did explain to me that even though she knows the machine will not give her 777 during normal play no matter how hard she tries, she does it anyway for fun and practice.
    Last edited by JesseLee; 08-20-2018 at 05:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here is picture i took from the pachi guide book i have for the game. this is from the official book.
    Attachment 91014
    and here is a screen shot of a guide that i found online.
    Attachment 91015

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JesseLee View Post
    here is picture i took from the pachi guide book i have for the game. this is from the official book.
    Attachment 91014
    and here is a screen shot of a guide that i found online.
    Attachment 91015

supposedly these are guides on how to hit during normal play.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can normally get the 2 out of 3 red 7s but never the third
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’m impressed. From mindless spinning to attempted winnin’, I will be approaching my pachislo game differently...and the thread thickens!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Re: strategy and skill stopping

OK so check this out! Look at my latest post:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...lay-(pachislo)

I got a "bonus" eye-hit and won!! I missed filming the second bonus round (stupid YouTube record feature button) but this is cool. I eye hit it but honestly...the game let me do it. That third reel stopped where it wanted too (I couldn't time it & just tried to hit it randomly if I am being honest with you all). Still cool as I never got this beanstock bonus before.

Question to add to this thread...in this beanstock bonus mode: Is it asking me to actually eye-hit the patterns on those boards? I failed miserably but still is that what I was seeing?

What you didnt see is the Bonus chance (eye hit) that I won and subsequent follow up game wining 275 "medals".
    Calypso

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just now discovered that there are passive percentages and static percentages. in my research i was watching videos of different bonuses for black lagoon 2. what i noticed is that there are 2 different ways of activating the bonuses. i also just witnessed my friend hit a big bonus during normal play without going into a bonus chance. so let me try to explain this. the percentage of hitting a static percentage bonus is always the same and never changes. so for example, usually the ratio is around 1/300 for hitting a big bonus. if you hit a static bonus, it will take you to a bonus chance. whenever a passive percentage bonus is hit, it takes you directly into the bonus. to get a passive percentage bonus, you have to continuously aim for the 777. the passive percentage has to do with a separate percentage thats tied into the reels themselves. in the conversation we had prior in this thread we learned that no matter how hard you try, you can never get the last 7 to stop in the place that it needs to stop in during normal play. however, ive seen it happen which enforces the idea that the last reel has its own percentage which i call a passive percentage because its a very low probability of hitting but can be done by eye shooting during normal play
    Last edited by JesseLee; 09-02-2018 at 12:43 PM.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to JesseLee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't care what anybody thinks or thinks they think, there is no such thing as ] eye shooting] Remember the old 8 frames per second movies and the flicker you got with them. They raise the frames per second to 16 to stop the brain from [seeing] the flicker. Pachislo reels spin at 80 RPM with 21 images. That means over 24 images per second are passing your eye. Even if you could pick out one image it would be long gone before you could push stop button. Now my Star of Giants machine will tell me what button to push by lighting a light behind the reel images to get a bonus round. I think there is little trick in all machines and that's why they only keep them around couple years. To many learn the tricks. I've played my machine so much I know that after I get 3 replays in a row that the second spin after the last replay I'll get 3 bells for 7 payout.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tincan39 View Post
    I don't care what anybody thinks or thinks they think, there is no such thing as ] eye shooting]
    Guess you never played Spin Luck, by IGT.

The main feature of the game is the Spin Bonus and it is solely based on Eye Shooting. In fact, the machine tells you what to Eye Shoot.

If you can't Eye Shoot, then you won't receive any points in the Spin Bonus.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lightbulb Re: strategy and skill stopping

I wonder if he has a point though, Wayne. Could it be that that his science behind FPS has some place in all this after all?

Think about it. Could it be that he is "dead on" with his logic...but you are both really "correct"?

Bear with me here: What if Tincan is correct...they move so fast that our reaction is not fast enough to make what we see "hit" the target in time...but when the machine wants you to "eye shoot" it takes that into account (IE when you see the image during a spinning reel & when you would respond with a button push) giving you the illusion of eye shooting when all you need to do (really) is be "close" based on what you see. In actuality, it is too fast to ever "eye shoot" unless the machine wants us too...and even then (according to his logic) that machine compensates and "dumbs down" but is really doing twice the work to help us think we are "eye shooting"...

Wow...this is deeper than when the Iphone put the earphone jack on the bottom...BOOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Guess you never played Spin Luck, by IGT.

The main feature of the game is the Spin Bonus and it is solely based on Eye Shooting. In fact, the machine tells you what to Eye Shoot.

If you can't Eye Shoot, then you won't receive any points in the Spin Bonus.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that your idea of eye shooting is not the same as mine. My idea is that you see a certain pictures on the reel and then the ability to stop the reel on that pictures. Because of the way the brain works, I just can't believe anyone can do that. I have not played the Spin Luck. I have not played lots of pachislos. I just know that this idea of being able to stop the reels where YOU want is not possible. If you were able to do this, then why would you not be able to stop the third reel the same as the first and why not on all machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't believe anyone could actually see each individual image on a spinning reel. "Eye Shooting" is only a term used, for when you are trying to stop the reel on a specific image.

During normal play, no matter how you "time the reels" or the order you stop the reels, just doesn't matter. The machine's programming has already determined the outcome, once you start the reels spinning. Only until the machine indicates that you are a Winner, do you have control of stopping the reels, commonly known as "Eye-shooting".

A few machines I think of which require Eye Shooting are Spin Luck, Azteca Legend Returns, (where you have to stop the first reel on the Big Pepper) and Ridge Racer.
    On Ridge Racer, once you achieve a Chance, the machine tells you that you are a "Winner". To get into the Bonus Round you will need to "Eye-Shoot" the 4-7's, on the reels.
    When the machine says "You nailed the Bonus", that is when you need to "eye shoot" the 4-7's. If you don't "eye shoot", the machine will take up to 10-15 minutes before landing on the 4-7's, on it's own. Repeatedly saying, "You nailed the Bonus".

Here's a video of me "Eye Shooting" the Red 7's. I can't actually see the 7's, but I know they are red and can time the large red area on the reel as it is spinning.

What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tap the case to get into rhythm when the red flash passes to predict when the 7 will come round again.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No one is talking about magical powers.. Eye shooting in pachislo just means timing it so you hit a certain symbol, not seeing a speeding 7 and being able to stop it on the spot!!

Reels slip during normal play so you can't eye shoot (there used to be good slow-mo vids of it) So I'm sure there are machines that slip the reels in your favor during eye shooting times..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK my take on it is this.... Eyeshooting is useful, but solely for bonuses is not a constructive use of time.

Some machines do require eyeshooting, but you also have to know if the machine is ready or not. On machines like Thunder or Versus or Hanabi, this is indeed useful as there are not so many graphical tells, and it can hold out for a short while if it likes. On other more 'hi-tech' machines (Using Eva Path of the Soul as an example), there are more tells. Like at the end of the video as well when you say "The chance of NOT hitting replay or bells is really low", immediately after this occurs, you eyeshoot. A 'Mis-match' as I call it is one of the tells for incoming bonus, and you can get it very often without waiting for the battle or fancy graphics. Very rarely does this not work. You have to watch out for melons or cherries that were meant to come in, and on machines like the old Hokutonoken, it is possible to drop 7-REP-REP for nothing on a Replay tell, and it means nothing. Oh, and when I had Sakura Taisen, she dropped a rainbow flower on occasion, brought in the blue cherry, and did zilch.
    On other machines such as Twin Angel 2, I just eyeshoot any battle games.

Some machines, there is little point in trying to bring in the 7s so quickly. Hokuto Tomo will respin the reels to bring them in anyway, and Juggler will just light CHANCE if you miss next press. Any GOD clones, and Super Bingo Neos etc. just have enough symbols spaced on the reels to make eyeshooting completely obselete. And don't get me started on the Oki Doki and clones.

On any machines, I will ALWAYS eye-shoot on the first reel, aiming for cherries and melons. On Juggler I will always eyeshoot the bar, to go for the middle cherry, or lone cherry, for my Reach pattern. On the higher tech machines, aiming for cherries and melons will cement your judgement and avoid any misunderstandings of any 'mismatches'. (If a green or red logo appears but you didn't shoot for cherries or melons properly, it's not a mismatch, you just missed). Machines like Aladdin AII have the cherry eyeshooting at the core of the game, with all combinations at various strengths, giving you a clue if it's worth continuing to play or not. Once a solid pattern has appeared, it's very easy to know WHEN to eye-shoot for 7s or bars. Never about ability to do it (Unless you're talking Hanabi middle bonus. That's tough!) as otherwise we'd have brought in GOD GOD GOD every game and become millionaires.
    Last edited by PekoJPF; 09-03-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast