Thread: Flood damaged Apollo 1 arepachi restore

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Flood damaged Apollo 1 arepachi restore

I’ve had this flood damaged (completely submerged) Apollo 1 for nearly 2 years now, finally decided to see if could resurrect it with a good cleaning; I had good luck in the past restoring an R2-D2 Star Wars cell from same great pachinko flooding. 😔 I cleaned all the boards in the cell hoping to swap in in my Penguin of the same frame, but no luck, one of the big white connectors is a different size! So the cells aren’t interchangeable.😤 Nonetheless I was able to see the cell power on in the cruddy frame; I’ll clean up the innards and ball tracks and hopefully this thing still fires balls, pays out properly!🤞 These Maturi arepachis are real neat! Thanks compirate generously giving me this and Star Wars to fix up!
    Attachment 90813
    Attachment 90814
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 07-24-2018 at 08:32 AM.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, after a couple hours of cleaning the tracks/payout mechanism, I tried to see if payouts/shooter was working, no luck. 🤨 It’s got 500 balls in it and a Daverob dongle; it’s throwing an error code #5 however. Any ideas on what that error is or does anyone have a manual for this frame? I can hear a faint clicking noise from the shooter but the ball launcher isn’t moving... payout motor doesn’t do anything if I try to use the ball loan buttons that the Dave rob dongle activates.

My next idea to try is remove just the cell (which seems to work fine; all the lights and animatronics work) and the cell specific frame mounted circuit board (the components on it ARE completely different than the one mounted on the Penguin frame it turns out upon close inspection). Then bungee cord/duct tape 😂it to my “good” Penguin in the same frame creating a Frankenstein machine that can *hopefully* enable me to swap cells freely since it will have both boards which I’ll need to label and remember to swap the connectors. This should get interesting! Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Flood damaged Apollo 1 arepachi restore

It’s alive! 😀Well, at least the cell is, it’s now functioning in my Penguin’s frame, I was able to complete the cell swap with the other big board from Apollo 1. Only issue is 1 light out to the right of the center feature... no biggie. Pretty impressive for being submerged in nasty flood water! I’m sure the original owner would get a kick out of the fact their pachinko is back in service after being flooded over a decade ago! Thanks Compirate! 👍
    IMG_0100.JPG
    Attachment 90825

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here’s the final product after polishing the nails! The Apollo 1 is definitely more fun to play than the Penguin (Admittedly the only other arepachi I’ve played.) I highly recommended picking one up if you have the means. 🙂👍

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs