Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multiple questions about my first machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Multiple questions about my first machine!

Hoping I found the correct area to post all of my questions, if not feel free to move the threat to the correct area.
    I apologize in advance for how many questions I have. I'm a noob and have only owned my machine for a couple days and had no experience with them before this!
    So, quick history, I purchased this machine from someone who had two machines. Both appeared to be the exact same machine, with different graphics. They both appeared to be in perfect working order, so I just chose which one I liked more. The biggest difference in the machines was that the one I decided on has an LCD screen with video, and the other one did not. So begin my questions.

-----
    1.) Is a pachislo with an LCD video screen more or less desirable than one without? Or is it all preference?

2.) After researching, I discovered my machine is a 2005 Sammy "Ultraman Club ST" machine. What is the overall desirability of these versus other ones? And if we are allowed to talk prices, what would it be worth in the USA market (USD pricing)?

3.) I realized that I have the incorrect belly glass for my machine. It says "Planet X". Did someone just decide to change the glass for some reason? And how would I go about trying to purchase the correct glass?

4.) Does having the incorrect belly glass affect value of the machine, and is changing it back the the correct glass a problem? (I see it has certification stickers, and I wouldn't want to screw up numbers or certifications)

5.) So far, most of my winnings are either replays or "7". Just recently I have had a winning of "4". Is this normal? I change the difficulty setting to "4", it was originally at "1". I just thought it was odd that all winnings are usually "7".

6.) Does anyone have a payout table for this machine? I understand the original glass has it printed on it, but without it I'm pretty clueless.

7.) I'm nervous about leaving the machine plugged in and running all day, every day, so I have been turning it off when I'm not going to be using it for a while. Is it OK to leave it on forever, or should I turn it off? I just don't want it to stop working or something, it works good and I want to keep it that way!

That is all the questions I can think of right now. I'm sure more will come later on. And help would be much appreciated!
    * I have included pictures, if that serves of any help.

I9lx8UW.pngJ6pUncL.png

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Adhwc93

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Multiple questions about my first machine!

Again,Welcome to the group and some great questions!

I'll offer some answers from my personal preferences which may reflect those of others here as well.

#1) The large LCD is great and offers more action to watch but for me it is more of a preference. Many like to have a machine that they will enjoy more so on a theme than just looks. I enjoy Ultraman a lot but I also enjoy my Thunderbirds 3 machine more with a much smaller LCD. It's all about the theme for many but the screen size is a good selling point.

#2) Desirability is in the eyes of the beholder as well as price. My guess is that $250-$350 is a going price depending on location, perhaps more.

#3) The belly glass may have been replaced for a broken one. Unless someone has spare parts or a parts machine (check member "keep4safety" on eBay if no one here has one) then you can always get one out of Japan but it gets pricey in the end.

#4) The original glass is good to have but may be overlooked by some or for a price willing to paid by a buyer. The stickers do come with some replacements and not with others. Something to consider when replacing parts but shouldn't affect value in the hobby market.

#5) The odds settings of #1 hardest to #6 easiest can dictate many of the payouts. Although #6 is the easiest to win off of, you will see many more small wins and free spins compared to a lower setting. With #1 being the hardest you may not see as many winnings or as frequent but you may also see more graphics and larger winnings when they do happen. This seems to be common with a lot of pachislo machines. (have you seen the army of green aliens yet? )

#6) need to look that one up

#7) Leaving a machine on can become a hazard. If yours has a transformer inside like mine then it is always drawing current and building up heat even when the machine is turned off. One option that many will do is plug their machines into a power strip or a main surge suppressor and use that for turning their machines on and off. Very simple and effective to turn on and off and to save the energy and spare any possible risk when not in use.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Adhwc93 View Post
    6.) Does anyone have a payout table for this machine? I understand the original glass has it printed on it, but without it I'm pretty clueless.
    Ultraman Club ST a.jpg
    Ultraman Club ST b.jpg

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Again,Welcome to the group and some great questions!

I'll offer some answers from my personal preferences which may reflect those of others here as well.

#1) The large LCD is great and offers more action to watch but for me it is more of a preference. Many like to have a machine that they will enjoy more so on a theme than just looks. I enjoy Ultraman a lot but I also enjoy my Thunderbirds 3 machine more with a much smaller LCD. It's all about the theme for many but the screen size is a good selling point.

#2) Desirability is in the eyes of the beholder as well as price. My guess is that $250-$350 is a going price depending on location, perhaps more.

#3) The belly glass may have been replaced for a broken one. Unless someone has spare parts or a parts machine (check member "keep4safety" on eBay if no one here has one) then you can always get one out of Japan but it gets pricey in the end.

#4) The original glass is good to have but may be overlooked by some or for a price willing to paid by a buyer. The stickers do come with some replacements and not with others. Something to consider when replacing parts but shouldn't affect value in the hobby market.

#5) The odds settings of #1 hardest to #6 easiest can dictate many of the payouts. Although #6 is the easiest to win off of, you will see many more small wins and free spins compared to a lower setting. With #1 being the hardest you may not see as many winnings or as frequent but you may also see more graphics and larger winnings when they do happen. This seems to be common with a lot of pachislo machines. (have you seen the army of green aliens yet? )

#6) need to look that one up

#7) Leaving a machine on can become a hazard. If yours has a transformer inside like mine then it is always drawing current and building up heat even when the machine is turned off. One option that many will do is plug their machines into a power strip or a main surge suppressor and use that for turning their machines on and off. Very simple and effective to turn on and off and to save the energy and spare any possible risk when not in use.
    Thank you so much for your reply and answers. As maybe expected, this leads to some more questions.

3.) That was my guess. I believe I did see that ebay user's store, it seemed they had almost everything for my machine except for the belly glass. I guess the question would be, for value of the machine, is it worth it to buy the correct glass out of Japan? I personally kind of like the look of the "Planet X" one (and honestly was what made me prefer this machine instead of the other one the seller had, because I didn't know of the LCD screen at the time), but also I'm a little disappointed its not the correct one.

5.) I see. I have it set to "4" right now. I'm just not sure if my machine isn't working 100% properly or if it was just normal. The screen I usually only see is the battle against what appears to be a rat creature (no offense to any fans of the series, I'm oblivious!). Only a few times have I seen a different screen, once seeing the jet plane leaving the station and once another time seeing a screen I can't really explain, but its a darker background with different color banners in Japanese. Otherwise, it is always that battle scene, which can also been seen from the image I uploaded. Not having any background information on the payouts or "theme" I can't tell if thats normal or maybe some sort of issue.

6.) Thank you for the picture. This leads me back to the question about my machine maybe not paying out or playing correctly. I have hit 3 of those gold (bells? Helmets?), but the machine doesn't show it as winning anything. The reels flash, but Win = 0. As I stated, the only win I usually get is 7 credits/coins. Just recently I have won 4, but 90% of the time if I win it is just 7 coins, unless it is a replay.

7.) Mine does have a transformer, and thanks for that information. I'll just plan on leaving it unplugged unless I want to play with it. From what I was told by the seller, it must go through the reset process (off, key, on, joystick down x3, key) every time after It has been unplugged. If this is true, I just didn't want to maybe mess something up by having to do this process every time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

excuse me in advance for not reading this entire thread. this is just my perspective.

1. for me, lcd screen or no lcd screen, i desire them equally.

2. i would probably pay around 200-300 for one.

3. i stay away from pachislos that do not have the correct belly glass. it isnt impossible to find them sold separately, i have seen a lot of them sold on fromjapan.co.jp

4. it definetly effects the value. like i said, i stay away from them unless i know i can get the belly glass somewhere else.

5&6. i will attach some pictures with the pay table and payout% and ratios for your machine.

7. i have left my black lagoon 2 pachislo on for 2 weeks already and i plan on leaving it on a lot longer. reason being is that my mother is trying to complete all the episodes. the battery for the memory is dead so any time the machine is turned off, its starts on episode 1 again. i figured if these machines run 24 hours every day at pachinko parlors then it would be alright. they seem to be built to handle that. i know that stand up arcades only run about the same amount of energy a day that it takes to use a toaster to toast bread 1 time. so im not worried at all about the electric bill.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 6.25.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 6.18.26 AM.png

9. The following user says "Thanks" to JesseLee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JesseLee View Post
    excuse me in advance for not reading this entire thread. this is just my perspective.

1. for me, lcd screen or no lcd screen, i desire them equally.

2. i would probably pay around 200-300 for one.

3. i stay away from pachislos that do not have the correct belly glass. it isnt impossible to find them sold separately, i have seen a lot of them sold on fromjapan.co.jp

4. it definetly effects the value. like i said, i stay away from them unless i know i can get the belly glass somewhere else.

5&6. i will attach some pictures with the pay table and payout% and ratios for your machine.

7. i have left my black lagoon 2 pachislo on for 2 weeks already and i plan on leaving it on a lot longer. reason being is that my mother is trying to complete all the episodes. the battery for the memory is dead so any time the machine is turned off, its starts on episode 1 again. i figured if these machines run 24 hours every day at pachinko parlors then it would be alright. they seem to be built to handle that. i know that stand up arcades only run about the same amount of energy a day that it takes to use a toaster to toast bread 1 time. so im not worried at all about the electric bill.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 6.25.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 6.18.26 AM.png

Thank you for your answers. I leave my machine in the garage which isn't heated or A/C'd, and while not as bad as outside still gets hot or cold depending on season. My biggest concern was leaving it on out in the garage with the garage getting so hot.

Also, I have attached a picture of my machine showing "0" win when I get three of the gold bell/helmet things. I see it has payouts for that symbol but I'm not sure what all it details. Just curious if it was normal.

apia84g.png

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are looking for a belly glass, the new pachislo market vendor has one on his website for $19.00. https://www.pachislomarket.com/produ...-club-st-sammy
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    If you are looking for a belly glass, the new pachislo market vendor has one on his website for $19.00. https://www.pachislomarket.com/produ...-club-st-sammy
    Thank you very much. Might have to pick this up, just to be "correct". Shipping is more than the item but such is life. Next question would be, how exactly do I go about changing out the glass? I'm sure I could figure it out on my own but I'd rather not break pieces.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you very much. Might have to pick this up, just to be "correct". Shipping is more than the item but such is life. Next question would be, how exactly do I go about changing out the glass? I'm sure I could figure it out on my own but I'd rather not break pieces.
    What you are getting is just the insert. The frame has two tabs at the top you push down and push out, then just lift it up and out. There are a some screws to separate the front and back of the frame. Then it's just an easy swap.

I had the same Planet X belly on mine, and I paid about $100 to buy and ship the correct one (bought a complete belly glass since the frame was pretty scratched).

I had it shipped express since I am impatient.

Looking at the before and after, it was so worth it!

Here's the original thread => http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...light=ultraman

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

19. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    What you are getting is just the insert. The frame has two tabs at the top you push down and push out, then just lift it up and out. There are a some screws to separate the front and back of the frame. Then it's just an easy swap.

I had the same Planet X belly on mine, and I paid about $100 to buy and ship the correct one (bought a complete belly glass since the frame was pretty scratched).

I had it shipped express since I am impatient.

Looking at the before and after, it was so worth it!

Here's the original thread => http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...light=ultraman

Thanks!
    Hmm, so what's the deal with "Planet X"? Doing a google search landed me on a page selling a "Planet X" machine that looked exactly like Ultraman Club St, but with the same Belly glass as mine.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remember that a few machines shared the same cabinet. Glass get broke and replaced. When trying to identify a machine. Always go by the reel symbols and video display. Oh and data plate.

Also quite a few of the same machines seemed to have been converted at the same time. A popular one for rebranding was spiderman 2.

Also do a Google search for パチスロ プラネット
    And no Planet X is found.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Planet X technically isn't wrong, as there is definitely a Planet X in the Ultraman series, see Mothman from Planet X https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xud3h2

My thinking is that they were trying to market the machine to an English speaking audience who might not have heard of Ultraman, so they changed it out for the English vs. the Japanese writing.

I also think that the original Ultraman glass would be somewhat of a collectors item, so there is that.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sometimes the same machine will have 2 different belly glasses released for it like tomb raider for example has 2 different belly glasses for the same machine. also yeah i wouldnt leave it on if its in a hot garage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not having the manufacturer name, machine type, odds, inspection sticker cutouts, etc. on the Planet X makes me suspect it is a fraud. So....

In the interest of science, I took my old frame apart and found the Planet X graphic is printed on sticker paper.

Yes, I could literally peel it and stick it on my car bumper if I wanted to.

Also, I checked some of my other machines and they all have the graphic directly processed onto the acrylic sheet, and appear like the images below.

st1.jpgst2.jpg

Hope that solves some of the mystery, other than why they did this in the first place.

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright, decided to take apart the glass as per instructions. Super simple and I feel a little silly for not seeing those tabs in the first place on my own... Anyway:

The Good (maybe?) News:
    *Both clear plastic pieces have the stickers on them, I'm assuming this is how they all are but I'm glad they both have them, especially the back piece, seeing as the correct graphic has clear spots for them. (see attached image)

The Bad News:
    * Just as Ikaria stated, the "Planet X" graphic is just a giant sticker on wax paper. This explains the creases in the far corners you can't see when all assembled.

The Interesting news:
    * I'm sure everyone knows this but me, but I found it interesting that the LED light bar behind the red plastic lenses are actually red LED's themselves. I kind of expected them to be normal white LEDs appearing red because of the lenses.
    * Included in a picture, this was my first time finally getting this configuration of symbols on the machine. It proved to pay out and do absolutely nothing, but I was still kind of excited. (See attached image)

ly9HbNE.png j1sjuPg.png

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Adhwc93

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A little late to the ball, but Cinderella has arrived...

Welcome to Pachi-talk!

I want to better understand your issue described in the photo above (blue sevens) & the one about the 'bells'. Typically bells payout 10-15 on my machines. Clearly (looking at the payout charts), bells are supposed to payout 8 (unless you are in a big bonus mode).

Are you saying it gives nothing on the bells & sevens?

Does the machine payout at all?

Normally the blue sevens don't "payout" a large lump sum like US slots but start a bonus mode with a guaranteed number of payout spins. So you have to keep playing through the bonus rounds (to which there could be a lot) to get coins. So that would be a reason that you can hit the sevens like this without getting immediate payout.

Outside of the difference between normal & big bonus spins, if you are seeing a variation in your payout quantity there may be a hopper issue. But typically that would trigger a machine error and stop the game if it is not paying out properly. I.E. if your game shows bells and the payout box said "8" but you got nothing, then there may be a mechanical issue.

Good news is, that like the belly glass, the hoppers are actually pretty easy to swap out providing you an find a spare. Each hopper tends to be unique to a machine model (and not that exact machine type) An example would be My Popeye machine is the same model machine (albeit different colored trim) thus, we should have interchangeable hoppers.

Hope this helps.

Alright, decided to take apart the glass as per instructions. Super simple and I feel a little silly for not seeing those tabs in the first place on my own... Anyway:

The Good (maybe?) News:
    *Both clear plastic pieces have the stickers on them, I'm assuming this is how they all are but I'm glad they both have them, especially the back piece, seeing as the correct graphic has clear spots for them. (see attached image)

The Bad News:
    * Just as Ikaria stated, the "Planet X" graphic is just a giant sticker on wax paper. This explains the creases in the far corners you can't see when all assembled.

The Interesting news:
    * I'm sure everyone knows this but me, but I found it interesting that the LED light bar behind the red plastic lenses are actually red LED's themselves. I kind of expected them to be normal white LEDs appearing red because of the lenses.
    * Included in a picture, this was my first time finally getting this configuration of symbols on the machine. It proved to pay out and do absolutely nothing, but I was still kind of excited. (See attached image)

ly9HbNE.png j1sjuPg.png
    Last edited by Calypso; 07-29-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    A little late to the ball, but Cinderella has arrived...

Welcome to Pachi-talk!

I want to better understand your issue described in the photo above (blue sevens) & the one about the 'bells'. Typically bells payout 10-15 on my machines. Clearly (looking at the payout charts), bells are supposed to payout 8 (unless you are in a big bonus mode).

Are you saying it gives nothing on the bells & sevens?

Does the machine payout at all?

Normally the blue sevens don't "payout" a large lump sum like US slots but start a bonus mode with a guaranteed number of payout spins. So you have to keep playing through the bonus rounds (to which there could be a lot) to get coins. So that would be a reason that you can hit the sevens like this without getting immediate payout.

Outside of the difference between normal & big bonus spins, if you are seeing a variation in your payout quantity there may be a hopper issue. But typically that would trigger a machine error and stop the game if it is not paying out properly. I.E. if your game shows bells and the payout box said "8" but you got nothing, then there may be a mechanical issue.

Good news is, that like the belly glass, the hoppers are actually pretty easy to swap out providing you an find a spare. Each hopper tends to be unique to a machine model (and not that exact machine type) An example would be My Popeye machine is the same model machine (albeit different colored trim) thus, we should have interchangeable hoppers.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

The bells pay out nothing on my machine. But it shows "0" on win. The hopper always pays out correctly corresponding to what the machine says I have in credits (including or not including what I won).
    Same thing with the 7s, but I did not continue playing the machine. I just happened to get them right before I turned off the machine after I did a little testing.

I figured I didn't know how the machine gameplay really works so I never was sure if its working correctly or not. I do often get replays and once in a while payouts of 7 tokens.

Also, exciting news, I decided to purchase that belly glass off of the Pachislo Market website.

31. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Adhwc93

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A little odd that bells don’t pay out. But if your machine is set-up that way...maybe certain models don’t pay on bells?

We would need someone with that same machine to verify to be sure. But if it seems to work well otherwise so I wouldn’t stress.

Nice on the belly glass find! But make sure you are doing it for you and not for hopes of “high resale value”.

Don’t change it out unless you like the Japanese version better. I mean, I realize that you already bought it, but I would caution you on worrying about resale value...unless you have a Star Wars one or another rare one...there really isn’t any...(being honest). Unless someone really wants that particular machine you may have more luck on CL with the original US belly glass (dealer’s) instead of an obscure japanese one.
    At least you have both now, so both bases are covered...
    Last edited by Calypso; 07-30-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    Calypso

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast